My journey on securing my HT Gear.

Girishk

As always there is a fear that what will happen to our expensive electronics if there is a power surge or low voltage etc. The thought itself is a scary one.

I own Denon 6700h, Tonewinner amplifier and Zappiti pro 4K HDR devices along with Apple TV etc. To secure these, thought of investing a good protector Equipment. Watched lot of YouTube videos and mostly in US uses either Panamax or Furman equipment. Thought of buying those but they are ridiculously expensive in India. Checked on this forum and many suggest to go for Vertex servo stabilizer. But my personal view is to get a device which is not obtrusive and should be silent and fit in any AV racks.

So, I have decided on to get 2 Furman AC-210 AE 10 amps having Auto resetting voltage protection costing each 27000/- or Furman PL- PRO DM CE 16 amps which is costing 66000/-.

But these are not Voltage regulators and when I contacted a dealer in HYD, they quoted more than 2 Lacs.

Then I decided to do some research and finally decided to invest in Static Voltage regulator(SVR). Many ppl gets confused Static voltage regulators with relay stabilizers used for Refrigerators and AC’s.

In my research SVR is IGBT based voltage conditioner and very fast voltage regulator than Servo stabilizer. Also I found that SVR is used in precision Manufacturing industry. Want to take a plunge and found NKB Technocrats online and contacted them. Mr Mannan has explained the benefits and also since power conditioning is also baked in, I ordered for 5 KVA costed around 50k.

Within a week, it got delivered and boy I was surprised with the packaging. Looks very premium and it was very compact ( though weight is around 35 kgs) and fit in my Cabinet.

I have hooked up all my gear and It is very silent and since In our community we have voltage fluctuations frequently as we live in Suburbs and this stabilizer gives constant 230v.

Very happy with the investment.

If the unit is rated at 5KVA, why not use it for whole house? At least all the lighting (5A) circuits.
Cheers,
Raghu

If the unit is rated at 5KVA, why not use it for whole house? At least all the lighting (5A) circuits.
Cheers,
Raghu
I just want to have it separate for HT and the rest of the house. By the way this is powering my HT room having 2 sub woofers, lighting and bar.

As always there is a fear that what will happen to our expensive electronics if there is a power surge or low voltage etc. The thought itself is a scary one.

I own Denon 6700h, Tonewinner amplifier and Zappiti pro 4K HDR devices along with Apple TV etc. To secure these, thought of investing a good protector Equipment. Watched lot of YouTube videos and mostly in US uses either Panamax or Furman equipment. Thought of buying those but they are ridiculously expensive in India. Checked on this forum and many suggest to go for Vertex servo stabilizer. But my personal view is to get a device which is not obtrusive and should be silent and fit in any AV racks.

So, I have decided on to get 2 Furman AC-210 AE 10 amps having Auto resetting voltage protection costing each 27000/- or Furman PL- PRO DM CE 16 amps which is costing 66000/-.

But these are not Voltage regulators and when I contacted a dealer in HYD, they quoted more than 2 Lacs.

Then I decided to do some research and finally decided to invest in Static Voltage regulator(SVR). Many ppl gets confused Static voltage regulators with relay stabilizers used for Refrigerators and AC’s.

In my research SVR is IGBT based voltage conditioner and very fast voltage regulator than Servo stabilizer. Also I found that SVR is used in precision Manufacturing industry. Want to take a plunge and found NKB Technocrats online and contacted them. Mr Mannan has explained the benefits and also since power conditioning is also baked in, I ordered for 5 KVA costed around 50k.

Within a week, it got delivered and boy I was surprised with the packaging. Looks very premium and it was very compact ( though weight is around 35 kgs) and fit in my Cabinet.

I have hooked up all my gear and It is very silent and since In our community we have voltage fluctuations frequently as we live in Suburbs and this stabilizer gives constant 230v.

Great that you are happy with your investment.
How much does it cost and any site where we can see the specifications ?
A pic would be nice to see how it looks and its size.

Great that you are happy with your investment.
How much does it cost and any site where we can see the specifications ?
A pic would be nice to see how it looks and its size.
Hello Dinesh,
It costed me around 49K including GST.
Dimensions: 365mm wide x 195mm high x 500mm deep.

Their website http://www.nkbtechnocratspltd.com/

Attachments

• A60637ED-7387-4339-BEF2-3243563FD0BD.jpeg
    A60637ED-7387-4339-BEF2-3243563FD0BD.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 205
  • 626E4018-F039-4FA7-A106-9064747B700F.jpeg
    626E4018-F039-4FA7-A106-9064747B700F.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 205
Hello Girish,
How is your equipment connected to this unit? And how is the unit connected to the outlet? Is it by the wires shown in the 2nd picture? No plug option?
Cheers,
Sid

Hi Girish,

i see u r using tone winner amp how did u source it from china & how much its costed u. whats the specs of this PA? is this 5ch or 7 ch amp

Hello Girish,
How is your equipment connected to this unit? And how is the unit connected to the outlet? Is it by the wires shown in the 2nd picture? No plug option?
Cheers,
Sid
Right now with extension box. I am planning to buy Barracuda distribution box.
The terminals are not visible though. I thought of showing the connections.

Hi Girish,

i see u r using tone winner amp how did u source it from china & how much its costed u. whats the specs of this PA? is this 5ch or 7 ch amp
I loaned it from my cousin who recently shifted from US to India and his HT is in Progress. It costed some 1200USD for 7 channel I think.
I might go with either Tonewinner or emotiva based on the availability in HYD.

I loaned it from my cousin who recently shifted from US to India and his HT is in Progress. It costed some 1200USD for 7 channel I think.
I might go with either Tonewinner or emotiva based on the availability in HYD.
How's it performance ?really more power as in specs?

Hi, did you consider a constant voltage transformer during your research? If yes, what made you pick SVR over CVT?
CVT is very inefficient as an unit having high losses which also make it to hum. on the other hand static voltage stabilizer by some brands is extremely efficient and is also completely silent even while stabilizing major power fluctuations.

Last edited:
Just read through the paper published on the manufacturer’s website (https://www.irjet.net/archives/V5/i1/IRJET-V5I118.pdf)

It appears that the device has a buck/boost transformer wired in series to the mains in and applies a correction voltage in/ out of phase to bosst or buck the voltage as required.
The catch is that the DSP it uses seems to be working using PWM so the output waveform will not be a perfect sinewave .

Well, it will be a perfect sinewave if mains are at exact 230V but will have a progressively increasing non sinusoidal component as the correction voltage increases.

Now to me, a small distortion on the incoming power waveform is fine - I don’t think it will impact the output quality in any way.
But some purists may find it to be a problem

Just read through the paper published on the manufacturer’s website (https://www.irjet.net/archives/V5/i1/IRJET-V5I118.pdf)

It appears that the device has a buck/boost transformer wired in series to the mains in and applies a correction voltage in/ out of phase to bosst or buck the voltage as required.
The catch is that the DSP it uses seems to be working using PWM so the output waveform will not be a perfect sinewave .

Well, it will be a perfect sinewave if mains are at exact 230V but will have a progressively increasing non sinusoidal component as the correction voltage increases.

Now to me, a small distortion on the incoming power waveform is fine - I don’t think it will impact the output quality in any way.
But some purists may find it to be a problem
Is this about the Static Stabilizer the OP used? Does it mean we can simply connect our AVR to this stabilizer which is connected to direct wall socket from Mains/Inverter?

I have gone through many thread and only options recommended were Servo/Servo+Isolation Trans/servo+Power strip/Online UPS/Servo+Online UPS.

I just want to keep things simple with maximum possible protection. Pls suggest. my AVR is Denon X4700H and i want to keep it safe. We have some random power cuts but the DG would give the power back in 30-40 sec.

I dont want to go with Online UPS due to noise issues and no power conditioners also. Am sorry to pitch in this thread.

Is this about the Static Stabilizer the OP used? Does it mean we can simply connect our AVR to this stabilizer which is connected to direct wall socket from Mains/Inverter?

I have gone through many thread and only options recommended were Servo/Servo+Isolation Trans/servo+Power strip/Online UPS/Servo+Online UPS.

I just want to keep things simple with maximum possible protection. Pls suggest. my AVR is Denon X4700H and i want to keep it safe. We have some random power cuts but the DG would give the power back in 30-40 sec.

I dont want to go with Online UPS due to noise issues and no power conditioners also. Am sorry to pitch in this thread.
Yes, you can connect the output from Static Stabilizer to AVR if you want to use it separately or can also use static stabilizer as a mainline unit that would control power for the whole house.

People often recommend servos because of lack of awareness and knowledge. They may work for some and may fail for others basis on power situation in their ares but one thing is for sure that servos can never ever stop spikes and surges because of there mechanical topology. Static stabilizer people should have spread the word better.

Unless there is frequent power failures in your area online UPS is not recommended because of heavy maintenance requirement of batteries and harmonics generation.

Static is costly initially but is very cost effective because of absolutely zero maintenance & its protection abilities. It is definitely worth it.

People often recommend servos because of lack of awareness and knowledge. They may work for some and may fail for others basis on power situation in their ares but one thing is for sure that servos can never ever stop spikes and surges because of there mechanical topology. Static stabilizer people should have spread the word better.

Unless there is frequent power failures in your area online UPS is not recommended because of heavy maintenance requirement of batteries and harmonics generation.

Static is costly initially but is very cost effective because of absolutely zero maintenance & its protection abilities. It is definitely worth it.
You are absolutely right in this regard. This happened for me as well. Post getting advice from our members here I've bought a servo to address the AVR restart issue as my area is facing extreme power fluctuations.
But it didn't gave me the complete satisfaction as my AVR still getting restarts randomly without any reason..

However the problem drastically gotten reduced post installing a servo yet it didn't stopped the problem though. At that point of time ppl didn't suggested me a static stab maybe because there could be a lack of awareness or something which i can assume.

Want to ask you one thing - how much a static stab would cost in case of a 1kva load, just to protect my AVR primarily (Denon x250bt).
I'm still getting the restart issue at least once or twice a day though having a servo.
Appreciate your response!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back