My LCD Died :( -- Any Plasma < 40K Full HD ... available??

Yes Rupam, features are my least concerned, 3 years warranty will be a help. Is Bravia and X-reality engine same ....

I had asked the exact same question almost 3 years ago.

http://www.hifivision.com/television/16958-sonys-x-reality-vs-bravia-3-a.html

Trust your eyes and ask were Sony buyers watching bad PQ before the "invention" of x-reality ?
Three years ago when I settled for Bravia engine then x-reality was the buzzword for Sony and now there is x-reality Pro!
Next .........

After spending 64k on a 42" 3D LED TV and using it for few weeks and getting to read failures like this everyday I am convinced I blew extra 20/25K for dumb features on my TV I will never use. I don't watch broadcast TV at all and right now I don't have any new movies that I have not watched! I should have bought a Sharp/Toshiba 39/42" basic TV with 3 years warranty. I will not demo high end shit in showrooms because there the comparison is direct against the low-end models. Once the damn cheap TV is in your room there is nothing to compare it with and it becomes "world's best TV" for you :(

Last edited:
As has been said in many other discussions on the same topic, any panel you buy will be fraught with risk. It is better to insure yourself with a 3 year warranty if you can making sure the entire set is covered. At least you will get your money's worth.

Vinod

Yes 3 years is something I am trying to see if I can find, with sony 32" you can purchase 2+ years extended warranty for 2500....which will make it a 3 year in total .... worth ???

http://www.sony.co.in/microsite/braviawarranty/index.html?hpid=braviawarranty:modelpage

Hi

Today's LED, LCD TVs have a lifespan of 3-5 years..this is what online reviews suggest....pls refer to the below links....

You need to assess what is your requirement in terms of connectivity, screen size and features required...accordingly go window shopping and see what is available within your budget......most important check on after sales service and warranty options....

Hope this helps

My requirement now is only to have a TV that serve me till atleast 7-8 years, even if its is just 32", or only 720p and without all that "extra features" I wont even need a USB nothing, just a good TV serving me for atleast 7-8 years.

Budget is not a concern frankly. I can again spend 70-80K on a 42" 3D Smart TV, BUT whats the point/use, when later I will live in fear that it might ko kaa-put in another 4-5 years, and then what..??? spend another 50+K .... sorry as I mentioned, I cannot afford a 50K+ TV every 3-5 years.
That is the reason I have decided not to spend more than 35K on a TV even if it only gets me a basic 32" LCD/LED

FRIENDS below are few models I short listed, getting incliend towards SONY.

After quite head banging on google below SONY model seems good enough

Sony Bravia KLV-32R402A 32 Inches Direct LED Television - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Its not Full HD, only 720p , which I am ok other supposedly features include ..

USB 2.0 Port
Super Multi-Format Play
USB Play
WXGA resolution
HDMI Port
Power Saving Modes
8W+8W with Dolby Digital
Sound Booster
32 inches LED TV
Motionflow XR 100
Headphone Out Port
FM Radio

Price ::: 27610 which is really pretty good as far as I am concerned.

ANother model I think I am inclident is Panasonic apart from SONY (totally shying away from LG, SAMSUNG, ONIDA.

Toshiba I have no idea, if they are ok.

Another TV I found ok (atleast online) is from Panasonic.

http://www.cromaretail.com/Panasonic-TH-L32B60D-32"-LED-TV-(Black)-pc-18421-297.aspx

32 inch LED TV with 768p
8W + 8W Audio Output
2 HDMI, 1 USB
Narrow Bezel, Media Player

Price :: 26990~27000 Which again seems pretty good.

There is only a price difference of 600 between the two.

Which one can I go for???, or any other model anyone can suggest for around 30K like above.

@Rupam I could not find any SONY TV with x-reality engine, maybe they come only in elite 50K+ TVs. Which now I totally am not inclined purchasing.

I also witnessed pretty decently prices LEDs from HAIER. As brand I am very much impressed by HAIER as both my ACs (Window and Split) are of HAIER and have performed solidly for the past 6 and 2 years respectively. But no Idea of their LEDs. Anyone using them.

You can go for cheaper screens as stop gap for a year and wait for 4K sets to become cheaper before spending big bucks. My uncle has an AKAI 32" LED panel which is quite decent for the price. It cost him around 30K 2 years back and would probably be cheaper now. It is running without any problems. He also has a Videocon 32" Full HD TV for around 5 years, again running without any problems. If you buy a "branded" screen now, you'd have to wait for another 5 years to get a 4K TV :).

^^ Naa I am not interested in 4K, as of now. I already have purchased a 1080p 3D projector for my HT that will take care of my movie and TV series craze, for next 5 years easily. I will then switch to 4K Projector if I have to.

TV is just for casual STB which aint going to be 4K in next 10 years in India I guess. So a 720p would just do fine ....

hi,

This is my first post in this forum.

For the one who said SONY is best, We too believed that and bought a Sony KLV-32EX300 with bravia engine 3 yrs back. It was working perfect for the first 1.5 years, then it started creating a strip of bubble at the bottom, then it started spreading up and then the bubble started shrinking and the whole lcd surface became rough.

WP_20131017_059.jpg

WP_20131017_064.jpg

It was not wall mounted or moved location after setting it up. Our Dearest SONY Service Centre said that the product is no longer in warranty so the panel needs to be replaced.

Apart from shrinked Panel which creates an awful lot of glare, the TV is still working perferct :clapping:

So instead of replacing the panel, i have bought a new Toshiba P2305 with 3 years warranty for approx. 22k :yahoo:

This piece is not full hd, but still it has all the features of the hightech sony and still its PQ is much better. After delivery of the product i made a call to Toshiba inquiring for wall mount and they sent a technician who fixed the wall mount for free. Afterwards two weeks later i even received a small silver coin as a gift.

So you can consider Toshiba for its 3 years warranty and its damn cheap for its features.

Have fun

u must have cleaned that tv with some lcd cleaner solution .. thats why

shud use only water to clean panel

Another member had the exact same thing in his tv when he used a lcd cleaner or some chemical solution to clean it.

@sam9s
As i said before the R series is not designed by Sony but rather by Foxconn.

Will remember this. :)
hi,

This is my first post in this forum.

For the one who said SONY is best, We too believed that and bought a Sony KLV-32EX300 with bravia engine 3 yrs back. It was working perfect for the first 1.5 years, then it started creating a strip of bubble at the bottom, then it started spreading up and then the bubble started shrinking and the whole lcd surface became rough.

It was not wall mounted or moved location after setting it up. Our Dearest SONY Service Centre said that the product is no longer in warranty so the panel needs to be replaced.

Apart from shrinked Panel which creates an awful lot of glare, the TV is still working perferct :clapping:

So instead of replacing the panel, i have bought a new Toshiba P2305 with 3 years warranty for approx. 22k :yahoo:

This piece is not full hd, but still it has all the features of the hightech sony and still its PQ is much better. After delivery of the product i made a call to Toshiba inquiring for wall mount and they sent a technician who fixed the wall mount for free. Afterwards two weeks later i even received a small silver coin as a gift.

So you can consider Toshiba for its 3 years warranty and its damn cheap for its features.

Have fun

Have fun

Ok if Sony R series is not exactly SONY .... then let it be Toshiba. @suhail Toshiba P2305 with 3 years warranty looks good, though its 25356/- at my location, but still is even cheaper than the above listed sony and panasonic.
I would not wall mount it this time. Can you put some more light on how HD channels from STB looks. Maybe share a few pics of the same. I will order if all looks good.

Thanks for your inputs ....

Hi,
Just a noobbish query.
Why is that wall mounting a LCD/LED panel isn't recommended? Could any of you please share some insight?
Thanks in advance.
BK
Right now, my TV is wall mounted.

Ok if Sony R series is not exactly SONY .... then let it be Toshiba. @suhail Toshiba P2305 with 3 years warranty looks good, though its 25356/- at my location, but still is even cheaper than the above listed sony and panasonic.
I would not wall mount it this time. Can you put some more light on how HD channels from STB looks. Maybe share a few pics of the same. I will order if all looks good.

Thanks for your inputs ....

Snapdeal quotes from 22050 for Toshiba 32P2305 HD ready LED TV cricket series

I do understand that snapdeal has got both not so good comments as well as good (at least from me; I've got BenQ 24" monitor through them) comments on this forum.

Enjoy the new TV - 32" is kinda small unless you sit close. What is your viewing distance? Is it a matte screen or glossy?

G0bble

^^ Gobble I have not yet ordered, I still have to shift to my new flat, which will be anytime next week. So Will order next week itself. Till that time, just going with my current 47"

My view distance will be quite close .... 8 feet max, could be 7 as well, I am not sure but should not be more than 8. I am ok with it, the TV will only be used for casual STB viewing. For my movies, tv series and games I am building a proper projector based HT on the terrace of the same flat.

OK, 8ft is not too far for 32". I just wanted to remind you of size versus viewing distance issues.

G0bble

Hi,
Just a noobbish query.
Why is that wall mounting a LCD/LED panel isn't recommended? Could any of you please share some insight?
Thanks in advance.
BK
Right now, my TV is wall mounted.

Due to heat build up with less air circulation and also the fact that none bother to blow clean it once its wall mounted.

i have my old sony lcd since 6 years with no dead pixels

one more samdung pc monitor is there .. n just 6month it made many dead pixels but still i use it like that .. lost 10k money in samsung

sony hardware is the best ..thats why i took sony w950 and mind peace

but in ur stage .. u shud try ur luck in unreliable plasma .. lets c

If you had SONY then i had TOSHIBA since 15 years and it still works like charm :clapping: does that mean i must buy only TOSHIBA? Looks like you are possessed:eek:hyeah:.

Back