My LCD Died :( -- Any Plasma < 40K Full HD ... available??

I am having Toshiba 32inch for TV viewing purpose. Bought during 2010 August. Still working without any issues. Great TV:yahoo:

oh so samsung is also in the same Boat, what do you have a Sony and how long is it being performing ..???

Hey Sam, I guess all brands are on the same boat, I lost my Samsung 47" LED after 4 yrs. Same panel issue. Would cost 50K to replace. So I disposed it off for 7K in exchange for a new TV. A few of my friends have also lost their Sony's also to a similar situation. So brand dose not matter. I don't think any LCD/LED's would last like a CRT. We need to keep investing every 5-6 yrs.

cheers.

Devine conspiracy by manufacturers. My next TV will be the cheapest basic TV with max warranty i tell you.
Hey Sam, I guess all brands are on the same boat, I lost my Samsung 47" LED after 4 yrs. Same panel issue. Would cost 50K to replace. So I disposed it off for 7K in exchange for a new TV. A few of my friends have also lost their Sony's also to a similar situation. So brand dose not matter. I don't think any LCD/LED's would last like a CRT. We need to keep investing every 5-6 yrs.

cheers.

cheers.

those must chinese replica sony wega...

sony led lasts minimum 20 years

after 10year ..minor repairs common

we know tat

tel somethin new

BTW i'd rather like a change than keep a tv for 20yrs even if it survives.. 20yrs is actually possible if you keep on repairing it n if the parts r available but in the end you'll end up spending as much as a new tv.. But CRT's do last that long without any kinda repairing required coz our sharp 14" CRT is still running n it was bought in 1997..

Well reading through this thread I have read more people complaining about Samsung TVs dying within ~5 years compared to other brands....just a thought, it could be that more samsung users have posted here.

Anyways, my LG Plasma PQ60 from Diwali 2009 still going. Well exactly after 4 yrs i.e. Diwali 2013 something blew up and the TV wouldn't start. Got the main board (or something, I don't know since I was not present at home) replaced for Rs. 4800.

Using a panasonic 32" lcd since 7 years and always been wall mounted. Working fine as yet. Touch wood.

I am trying ............!!! ... Somehow, I am not able to convince myself to spend even 25K for a piece of hardware that wont last 4-5 years. I am thinking to get a very basic AOC brand LCD 32" just for 16-17K on snapdeal. I believe just for casual STB viewing this should be enough, and I wont have that fear of loosing the product after 3-4-5 years as 15-17K is not much.

This LG 47" has given me the shock of my life. Had to sell it off for scrap 10K after just 3 years, bought for 74K ... :-( can you believe that! ..... So now my guts ain't allowing me to even spend 25K on this LCD/LED crap. This AOC has one year warranty, if it even works for another 2-3 years for 17K I atleast feel safe.....

NOt sure if this is a correct move, but I am sharing my honest feelings about this.

I am trying ............!!! ... Somehow, I am not able to convince myself to spend even 25K for a piece of hardware that wont last 4-5 years. I am thinking to get a very basic AOC brand LCD 32" just for 16-17K on snapdeal. I believe just for casual STB viewing this should be enough, and I wont have that fear of loosing the product after 3-4-5 years as 15-17K is not much.

This LG 47" has given me the shock of my life. Had to sell it off for scrap 10K after just 3 years, bought for 74K ... :-( can you believe that! ..... So now my guts ain't allowing me to even spend 25K on this LCD/LED crap. This AOC has one year warranty, if it even works for another 2-3 years for 17K I atleast feel safe.....

NOt sure if this is a correct move, but I am sharing my honest feelings about this.
I understand. Consider Sharp/Toshiba with 3 years peace. PQ downgrade from LG to AOC might be staggering!

El cheapo brands like AOC typically have El cheapo components.

IMO,you should consider the newer LED-lit lcd tvs ,they are simpler and parts are cheaper especially the DC to DC LED power supply stage and the external laptop style main power supply. LED also theoretically have a longer life vs CCFL.

As said before some of my lcd tv are now more then 8 years old and are still running perfect.

On the other hand my 22" viewsonic lcd monitor which i bought in 08 ,when it was just 2 years old its OSD buttons panel was replaced and at 2 years and 9 months it started to show vertical dead lines, the video ribbon or the solder on the panel gave way and sadly the outsourced service center cannot fix it instead they just replace the panel.

After warranty got over the lcd monitor started to switch off randomly or refused to switch On and this was due to the piss poor power supply design and quality of the parts.After i spent around Rs20 and replaced the bad capacitors ,it started to work again and now its a total of 6 years since i bought it and 2 years since i replaced the capacitors.

My Sony lcd which is going strong more then 8 years now and no signs of leaking or bulging capacitors inside,yet my viewsonic started to go kaput in just 2.7 years.

So just because you had one bad experience in a product doesn't mean all products will go kaput at a very early stage.Life is short so enjoy it.

Last edited:
I get the same feeling as Sam9s, do not feel it is worth investing more than Rs 15,000 in any LCD/LED/flat panel crap, no matter what size, does not matter if it is "Invisible's SONY?1?, or Samsung or Panasonic. They are all the same.

It is pure lottery, either you have a good panel or not.

Sam. heard lot of folks going for Toshiba 39" model. Please check out the same. I won't recommend AOC or other brands. You are investing so much in your setup, at least go for some standard TV. Also Toshiba is giving 3 years warranty free, most manufacturers are, for some you need to pay extra like Samsung.

That's my 2 cents on this.

Dushie, I can spend 50K+ even now on a new LCD, but tell me whats the garuntee that this new piece of hardware would last for atleast 8-10 years. I know I might sound a bit paranoid, but the feelings are logical. I am getting a toshiba model 32" for around 27K, but thats also not so less that I could ignore the amount. (15-17K is something I can ignore), It not about the amount of money............. its about getting its worth. I bought my Onkyo 6200 HTiB for 42K in 2009 and used it extensively, it did not sweat a bit and worked flawlessly, apart from a small glitch on the remote button, everything worked perfectly, and I sold it off for 20K this month....... Now thats what I call money worth product.

With these LCDs and LEDs the general concise is that its a bargain......... 6-7 out of 10 times you will be ok but rest is just luck.(specially when you go above 40") Now how much can you spend just on luck. For me, certainly not more than 15-20 K. Definately not 40-50-60K. So thats the picture.

I know AOC and the likes are not at all good brand, but look at it this way, the only thing I would be doing on it is casual STB viewing, nothing else, and I am ready to spend another 15-17K after 3-4 years (no big deal), IF it does break down in that time period. Else anything more than 3-4 years I get is bonus.

AFA PQ goes I personally went to the showroom and checked HD PQ for these low brands, and they were pretty ok. I also saw chroma own TV selling for 22K 32" with 2 years warranty and was giving pretty decent picture. Now tell me jut for casual STB viewing with no faltu frills in it, why should one not go for it, when the probability of getting this LCD going bad in less than 5 years is as much as say a 40K TV ... ????????

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back