My Lenco L75 Master Turntable Build

European Royalty

Sir Garrard 401 of England meets Lady Lenco L75 of Switzerland, for the very first time:

DSC06956_zpsf008a97f.jpg

DSC06957_zps92b262d0.jpg

So finally its time to stop admiration and get down to some plinth building. Starting this project sometime next month. One more tone arm required.

Sir Garrad has his first run this morning (without tone arm). Placed him on 3 massive concrete blocks (which I had earlier built for use as tonearm pods). Everything works perfect and the knight is dead silent (used a stethoscope to check this). Placed one of my "white-label" Polydor records on the platter. Here are the pics:

02-DSC06963_zps06f4eb05.jpg

01-DSC06962_zps2383fbcb.jpg

04-DSC06965_zps751f22f9.jpg

03-DSC06958_zpsa851179a.jpg

So finally its time to stop admiration and get down to some plinth building. Starting this project sometime next month. One more tone arm required.

All the best Reuben! Whenever this project gets over..please share a detailed review of how you went about with the plinth making process (including the basic steps..would help newbies like me :p)

Cheers!

Sir Garrad has his first run this morning (without tone arm). Placed him on 3 massive concrete blocks (which I had earlier built for use as tonearm pods). Everything works perfect and the knight is dead silent (used a stethoscope to check this). Placed one of my "white-label" Polydor records on the platter. Here are the pics:
Reuben,

Congratulations!. Looking so nice and neat.
-Anil

Last edited:
The project seems to be coming up very well and Sir Garrard sure looks majestic and elegant with Lady Lenco. All the best Reuben for the setup and enjoyable hours of listening ahead!

Congrats Reuben. Very rarely one will find 401 in such condition. Worth every penny spent. :thumbsup:
Regards.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back