My Marantz PM 6005 and Sonodyne 2605 story

You have to walk me through it.. Im confused.. What did you take to Aman's house?

he got his marantz amp, wd tv live.

we first heard over my odac n nad setup then we moved to ODac and marantz setup.

then same songs over WDtv with optical and marantz onboard DAC+ amp..

this was just to confirm that either of the source or transport is not at fault.

now that we confirmed everything speakers seems to be the culprit..

So do we know how the story ends or is it still continuing? Were you able to test the Sonus with the NAD?

Please advice!!

I have yamaha htr 6230, and I am planning to buy Sonus 2605 V3.
Just want to know whether my amplifier is good enough for these speakers

Your Yamaha has enough power for driving 99% of towers / bookshelves, barring those with very poor sensitivity (ones with about 80 dB / watt / meter). So don't worry about your Yamaha amp. Infact, in the high end segment, amps are least likely to be the causes for dissatisfaction in your musical enjoyment levels. Do not select speakers without listening.

Hi

A very long while (Jan 23 !) since I left this story.

tl&dr: the 2605s sound really great. is definitely worth a listen and IMHO owning.

a couple of pics of the current arrangement

how it is in the room
V1smMbZaem8DxQYPTHc8T_nVLFuDPlYAXSsHkq9q-jU=w369-h259-p-no

and from the listening position
vMARrmNJ3nIYW13enW7Kcbukxm0y-mpIV_Op-QAt9nI=w389-h259-p-no

A lengthier version.

While posting the early parts of the story here I was also in touch with Mr. Anindya Mukherjee about the issue who was very helpful in sorting out.

After we established that it was probably the speakers that need to be checked (posted earlier) Sonodyne had the speakers shipped to their Bangalore workshop for inspection.

They found that there was an issue with the crossover and offered to send me a replacement set of speakers which reached me on the 15th of March. They did not charge me shipping.

Aman came over for a listen after I had played the speakers for about 10 hours and we were not very enthused.

A lot of work related travel followed and the son burned them in for another 35 - 40 hours.

While I was away on a ten day trip (got back last night), the wife designed and built me a pine wood rack that hid the wires (her big grouse) which kind of sits out of the way and allows the speakers to sing together. The son wired it up.

The rest of my arrangement is exactly the same as it was.

I probably have stuff left to do with the room, for instance the mirror on the bar at then end of the room, speaker positioning (the speakers you will notice are not on spikes but on newspaper to facilitate easy respositioning), and other things to make it less lively. Regardless it is a completely transformed sound.

And I love it. Sade or Eva vocals sounded pretty much like I had imagined they would be as did Junoon or Pink Floyd. To me the combination of the PM 6005 and the 2605 works very well

Will close for now thanking Mr Mukherjee at Sonodyne for responding to my initial mail and then ensuring that the issue was sorted out :thumbsup:, Aman and others at hfv for advice and help in sorting it out. The wife and son too.

ciao
gr

Last edited:
@sound cycle, Glad to know that your issue has been fixed & hope you enjoy them....

Really good to know that Mr. Anindya Mukherjee stepped in to this & sorted out this issue....:)

BTW your setup looks very nice... Very elegant looking....Kudos to your wife for taking the effort of making it very tidy

@sound cycle: great to learn that you are finally enjoying your music after speaker replacement.. I was wondering what happened to this thread..

Good to see Sonodyne taking such good initiatives.

@sound cycle: great to learn that you are finally enjoying your music after speaker replacement.. I was wondering what happened to this thread..

Good to see Sonodyne taking such good initiatives.

Thanks Anirban.

Mr Mukherjee wrote that he had personally auditioned these speakers before shipping them to me.

That. some caerful placing and (I am not sure) burn in ....

Aman and I were planning a listen session yesterday - but both of us ended getting cubicle-ized. that is for next week.

ciao
gr

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back