My Music Setup :)

Delete the Mp3 dude.. !! Flacs /Wav are teh only way to go.. Makes sense to use good software with good hardware...
Better still invest in a good CDP or TT.

320 kbps mp3 are not that bad and are usually not discernible on blind testing. Though flacs / wav are preferred.

Totally true, infact, ive even heard some youtube tracks which have had more detail and clarity than flacs of the same. It just says being flac doesnt mean all that much vs a lower quality file with better sonic information.

Rohitmusic, nice to see the set up falling into place.And welcome to the AP family :) Hope you have luck finding a good source soon.

Thanks iaudio! :)

regarding the "good" source part.

I am looking for a good DAC.
I suppose you are using a DAC based on the TDA1541A chip with the AP amps. Since you already use this DAC with the APs I think it would be very safe for me to go down the same path.

I am still exploring a good DAC and now tending towards getting a good DAC Kit. To keep costs down at same time get higher value to the system. I can try to get DIY help from some forum friends if possible.

Having very little expose to DACs in general and hence the kits can someone please light my way and help me get the DAC kit that will do justice to the AP system?

This seems to be the apt time to upgrade the setup with a nice source. :) At least need to start researching on same as and when I find some spare time. :)

I tried doing some research on my own but it is like searching for a needle in a hay stack.
What I would ideally like is an excellent no-nonsense kind of DAC kit that can deliver some serious music.

Sincere Regards,
Rohit

(Budget guideline can be around 20k +- for a DIY Kit. But this is just an initial figure. Can be flexible)

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back