My new Active set up from Sonodyne

They’ve got a tough baddie look! Playing Heavy Metal on them will be a visual delight. Suggest matching with a mean looking wall decal behind. :cool:

Yes the build quality is very good.
I am more into fusion / jazz / vocals, the srp's does make every track sound live.

Added an Emotiva PT 100 preamp for music only.
The difference is a dramatic improvement in 2 channel stereo over the AVR & also the yamaha processor.
So i presume going back to old days when i always used a dedicated pre + power for music still is the best way.

Note: the PT 100 is only an entry level dedicated pre,it has plenty of connections on offer, the difference it has made in music listening compared to Marantz AVR & Yamaha processor is commendable!

Needed a better stereo pre, the pt100 is good but still an entry level & on the brighter side.
Was looking at parasound P6, which has great reviews , price was high, at the same time got hold of a pre used emotiva XSP-1 (differential reference analog stereo pre) for a very reasonable price along with an ERC 2 cdp.
The difference in SQ is way higher now. The xsp-1 is absolutely smooth & in a different league. Matches the sonodynes perfectly.
Xsp1 & Erc 2 being both differential refference are going to stay in the main set up

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back