My new Active set up from Sonodyne

subhash

Having lived with passive set ups & a never ending craving for more power adding power amps ....have now taken the active route.(With budget in mind)
Most high powered biamped/triamped monitors are beyond reach due to budget & overpriced when it reaches us.

Had owned an 2.5 way active tower from none other than sonodyne decades ago, & the sq of which was still fresh in the mind.

So fast forward to present day decided to research on the sonodynes..found out they have a webite listing various active monitors.
But it was a really tough job to locate a seller/dealer..& a demo was an impposible task.
After many months was able to demo thier smallest actives, the srp 400,
which literally blew me away. As i was looking into thier bigger models demo was impossible.
Finally after a lot of online research, decided to go for the SRP 800 based on excellent user reviews at gearslutz.

Got the srp 800 active monitors (biamped 150L/100H) ...they sounded just right for me.
These are great performers for the price compared to other brands which i felt were way way overpriced.
& more over very proud that these beautiful monitors are made in our homeland!

The srp800 in many conditions may not need a sub. But i like to use a sub for both music & HT.
Initially it was paired with a highly known international brand & i felt it was good.....but in due time i got the Sonodyne Sub 1012 & this bettered the SQ in all aspects & was a perfect match.
& now i have ended up going with dual sub 1012. The difference in going dual subs is quiet dramatic & loving it.

The story in short, once you have gone active there is never a going back to passives in this life time as most of the times the powerful actives makes you feel you are in a live concert!

The present set up-
Front :L / R Srp 800
Center : dual PM 100
Sub : dual sub 1012
Pre/Processor : Yamaha CX 5200
Cdp : philips bdp as transport
(All connections are XLR)
Display Panasonic: TH65X800D
Projector :Optoma gt1080p hdr with 16:9 92" inlight screen

The passive Sorrounds driven by a Rotel power amp RB 985 ,driving 4 JBL 's will soon be replaced

IMG_20200917_122857_387.jpg

IMG_20200917_123023_260.jpg

Good to know :) . Congratulations on your setup. And Happy listening.

I am also using Sonodyne sonus passive speakers for my Home Theater. As for i have been using so far for two years , it's very good.
Recently added Emotiva Gen-3 Power Amp , Now these speakers blew me away. :).

The same setup if i have to do with other brands , i may be ended up in spending in more Lakhs!.

By the way your title more sounds like moved away from Sonodyne ;) ;) ;)

Good to know :) . Congratulations on your setup. And Happy listening.

I am also using Sonodyne sonus passive speakers for my Home Theater. As for i have been using so far for two years , it's very good.
Recently added Emotiva Gen-3 Power Amp , Now these speakers blew me away. :).

The same setup if i have to do with other brands , i may be ended up in spending in more Lakhs!.

By the way your title more sounds like moved away from Sonodyne ;) ;) ;)

Thanks
Which sonus series are you using?

Ooh just realised the title...cant see an edit option button.

Moderators would it be possible to change the title to
"My Active set up from sonodynes"

& in the thread content correct the display to Panasonic which has been wrongly typed with a smiley

Thanks

Must sound wicked! How are you running two centers?

As for Sonodyne, even though I'm from the same city as theirs, I've to hunt around to get audition.

Having lived with passive set ups & a never ending craving for more power adding power amps ....have now taken the active route.(With budget in mind)
Most high powered biamped/triamped monitors are beyond reach due to budget & overpriced when it reaches us.

Had owned an 2.5 way active tower from none other than sonodyne decades ago, & the sq of which was still fresh in the mind.

So fast forward to present day decided to research on the sonodynes..found out they have a webite listing various active monitors.
But it was a really tough job to locate a seller/dealer..& a demo was an impposible task.
which literally blew me away. As i was looking into thier bigger models demo was impossible.
Finally after a lot of online research, decided to go for the SRP 800 based on excellent user reviews at gearslutz.

Got the srp 800 active monitors (biamped 150L/100H) ...they sounded just right for me.
These are great performers for the price compared to other brands which i felt were way way overpriced.

The srp800 in many conditions may not need a sub. But i like to use a sub for both music & HT.
Initially it was paired with a highly known international brand & i felt it was good.....but in due time i got the Sonodyne Sub 1012 & this bettered the SQ in all aspects & was a perfect match.
& now i have ended up going with dual sub 1012. The difference in going dual subs is quiet dramatic & loving it.

The story in short, once you have gone active there is never a going back to passives in this life time as most of the times the powerful actives makes you feel you are in a live concert!

The present set up-

The passive Sorrounds driven by a Rotel power amp RB 985 ,driving 4 JBL 's will soon be replaced

View attachment 49683

View attachment 49684

Congtats Subhash, still remember being amazed by the sound out of these :)

Thanks
Which sonus series are you using?

Ooh just realised the title...cant see an edit option button.

Mine are Sonodyne Sonus 3165 Towers as Front Mains
Sonodyne Center 3360 , Bipolar Surrounds sonus 3440.

Initially I was looking at Sonodyne Avant Series , They were not available for Demo. Hence went with Sonus series.

Mine are Sonodyne Sonus 3165 Towers as Front Mains
Sonodyne Center 3360 , Bipolar Surrounds sonus 3440.

Initially I was looking at Sonodyne Avant Series , They were not available for Demo. Hence went with Sonus series.
Hi.. can you PM me dealer contact number. I'm looking for Atmos speaker, Sonus 3540. Also how much discount I can expect on MRP.

The present set up-

View attachment 49683

View attachment 49684
Congrats on your new purchase.

Must sound wicked! How are you running two centers?

As for Sonodyne, even though I'm from the same city as theirs, I've to hunt around to get audition.

Sounds good
Using the XLR & RCA for running dual centers, the PM will soon be replaced with a smaller SRP series.
Not surprising, for active monitors it may be impossible to get an audition anywhere as no dealers will have them.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back