My New addition Metrum Acoustics Jade & Amber

sanj

Hi Friends ,

My new addition in Hi Fi stereo from Metrum Acoustics Jade & Amber.

Attachments

• 20181005_191932.jpg
    20181005_191932.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 20181005_190540.jpg
    20181005_190540.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 20181005_191058.jpg
    20181005_191058.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 20181005_191916.jpg
    20181005_191916.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 71
C
Hi Friends ,

My new addition in Hi Fi stereo from Metrum Acoustics Jade & Amber.
Congratulations on the new addition.
A brief first impressions and the decision process of what made you decide on particular product would be very helpful for people like me who are considering these.
Also how does these additions improve upon your previous setup?

Thanks drkrack ....actually i was looking for NOS based R2R Dac so came through Metrum acoustics product and decided to buy it.. Jade is excellent in sounding (details,resolution ,sound stage & imagine etc) and giving all details of recording , its like listening to vinyl without pop & clicks..
Adding Amber as D2D converter and streamer as a Roon end point makes CDP redundant , the quality of sound is amazing can't explain it more.

I am not good in writing so bear with me for it.

Hope this will help .

Rgds
Sanjay

Last edited:
Hearty congratulations on your new purchase. Even I have been interested in the amber a transport. Can you please share what was your precious transport and how the amber compares to it. Thanks in advance for your time :)

Hearty congratulations on your new purchase. Even I have been interested in the amber a transport. Can you please share what was your precious transport and how the amber compares to it. Thanks in advance for your time :)

Thanks newlash09 ..Amber is awesome product sounding really sublime as quoted by Metrum acoustics....I was using Marantz cdp and Yamaha wxc 50 as transport..Amber is sounding excellent and made my cdp redundant in my setup.
Rgds

Thanks newlash09 ..Amber is awesome product sounding really sublime as quoted by Metrum acoustics....I was using Marantz cdp and Yamaha wxc 50 as transport..Amber is sounding excellent and made my cdp redundant in my setup.
Rgds

Wow...thats great to know Sanj...really happy for you :)
Even iam using the wxc 50 as a digital transport so far. How are you finding the jump in sound quality between the wxc50 and the metrum ambre.

Wow...thats great to know Sanj...really happy for you :)
Even iam using the wxc 50 as a digital transport so far. How are you finding the jump in sound quality between the wxc50 and the metrum ambre.

Both products are in different range ...Jump in sound quality is amazing.

Wow..great.. thanks :)

Infact after posting my above query, I spent some time reading about the amber on the net. As per comparative reviews , it is equal if not better than a sonore ultrarendu + LPS 1.2 in sound quality. But it has been declared the winner, as it's a one box solution + it's more versatile with a plethora of outputs, as compared to the ultrarendu's single USB output . It took a Dcs network bridge at 3.5 times the price of a amber, to improve upon its sound. But the difference again, was deemed not worth the outlay considering the price difference. So all in all...you have scored a great digital source sanj..wishing you years of musical bliss ahead :)

Wow..great.. thanks :)

Infact after posting my above query, I spent some time reading about the amber on the net. As per comparative reviews , it is equal if not better than a sonore ultrarendu + LPS 1.2 in sound quality. But it has been declared the winner, as it's a one box solution + it's more versatile with a plethora of outputs, as compared to the ultrarendu's single USB output . It took a Dcs network bridge at 3.5 times the price of a amber, to improve upon its sound. But the difference again, was deemed not worth the outlay considering the price difference. So all in all...you have scored a great digital source sanj..wishing you years of musical bliss ahead :)

Thanks a lot..I have also auditioned Sotm SMS but liked Amber a lot...it’s a complete in itself and sounding great.

Rgds

Hi again sanj...just placed an order for the ambre. But iam totally dumb at computers. Understand that depending on the OS plugged into the SD card, its functionality changes. It comes by default as a roon end point . But there are other options to have.

And please don't laugh, when I mention that I mostly listen to gaana, followed by tidal. I dont have much of a personal collection that way. So is there specific OS that I can ask metrum acoustics India to load up for me, that will enable me to use gaana please. Thanks in advance for your time :)

All those thinking in this line, I can strongly suggest checking Dante. It is an aoip solution. You may end up having more flexibility, much better sound irrespective of content source and on top of all these, save lot of money.

All those thinking in this line, I can strongly suggest checking Dante. It is an aoip solution. You may end up having more flexibility, much better sound irrespective of content source and on top of all these, save lot of money.

Thanks for the suggestion bornfi..but I have already taken the plunge. So there is no going back now. Just wondering if there was a way to get gaana playing through the metrum ambre. Iam not really a stickler for sound quality, which can be expected, considering that gaana is my primary source of music.

Thanks for the suggestion bornfi..but I have already taken the plunge. So there is no going back now. Just wondering if there was a way to get gaana playing through the metrum ambre. Iam not really a stickler for sound quality, which can be expected, considering that gaana is my primary source of music.
In fact, sound quality of paid Gaana is really good. I think what you want should be possible. I will research and post my finding soon.

In fact, sound quality of paid Gaana is really good. I think what you want should be possible. I will research and post my finding soon.
What do you want to play Gaana on? Phone/tablet or computer? Android or ios or Windows?

If you are playing on a Windows computer, you can cast to Ambre by downloading a software from getjamcast.com. This tool should detect your Ambre as a UPnP client.

Hi again sanj...just placed an order for the ambre. But iam totally dumb at computers. Understand that depending on the OS plugged into the SD card, its functionality changes. It comes by default as a roon end point . But there are other options to have.

And please don't laugh, when I mention that I mostly listen to gaana, followed by tidal. I dont have much of a personal collection that way. So is there specific OS that I can ask metrum acoustics India to load up for me, that will enable me to use gaana please. Thanks in advance for your time :)

Hi newlash09..congratulations for your new order it will definitely give your audio pleasure ..for operating system I am also not very adept with computer knowledge..i am just using it just as simple as Roon end point with attached NUC as Roon core, my hard disc are attached with NUC and for Roon control I am using IPad .
I stream music from Tidal and attached he’d.
You please just ask metrum guys to give you another OS sad card so that you can use it on other platforms ( other than Roon).

Rgds

If you are playing on a Windows computer, you can cast to Ambre by downloading a software from getjamcast.com. This tool should detect your Ambre as a UPnP client.

Thanks a lot bornfi...that was very helpful indeed. So far I only have a old windows laptop. And I use an app called devialet air installed on it. The windows treats it as a output sound card, and whatever audio from any site or program I play on the computer, gets cast to my devialet amp wirelessly via the devialet air protocol. This has worked very well so far. Gaana, you tube or tidal is absolutely no problem :)

But with the ambre, I think i will have to explore a complete new digital chain to feed it. I found some mac minis going cheaper than nuc's on Amazon. So was wondering if it is worth a punt.

But will try that above app that you recommended and see. Thanks again for your time:)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back