My New Home Theatre ---Suggestions Plzz

rakheelavigne

Team,

This is Rakesh from Hyderabad, and I'm completely new to this forum.

However, I followed many of your suggestions and after a long research... here goes my first home theater which got configured two days back :yahoo:

Amplifier: Marantz - SR6008 (from amazon.co.uk for GBP 550(Rs 52700/-))
Speakers: JAMO S628HCS 5.0 (Rs:77500/-)
Bluray: Pioneer BDP450 (Rs:12000/-)
HDMI Cables: DAC
Speaker Wires: C&E 100-Feet 14 AWG Enhanced Loud Oxygen-Free Copper (From amazon.ca for RS:2374(48 CA$)
TV: NONE; Using my 22 inches LED PC monitor for time being :eek:

Just need your support, to help me choose an option

1)TV or 2) A Projector 3) Subwoofer

While the confusion here is, I'm still a bachelor and investing on TV(42-47") is around 90K-1L while it doesn't add much value to a dedicated room home theater. However, on the other hand I am lil bit hesitant on projector models ie which one to choose and the same goes with Sub-woofer

My questions in my mind are :confused:

1) What should be the room size for the above configuration (total output is 870 Watts)
2) A projector in a good budget (Approx 60-1L) and screen size and price.
3) A subwoofer, have Sunfire brand in my mind (Demo seen), if not a good thumping bass brand.

Please reply me with all your expertise and help me choose the best. Also your valuable comments and suggestions on the above config is appreciated.

If any one has a good setup, I can visit your house if U are OK.

~~ R@ke$h :signthankspin:

Hello Rakesh,

Warm welcome to the Forum and congrats for your New Set-up. You have made the right choice until now.
Make sure you start with acoustic treatment for the Room to feel the Penny you have spent over Now.

Sunfire is the one of the best Subs in MARKET and sure they could do the justice. In case you have nice budget for Sub then pick SVS, they would rock the Floor and Roof :)

So what is the Ht Room size?

Most LIKELY thing to ask is "WHERE IS PHOTOS" of current set-up?

If the TV/projector is going to be your only display device, I think you should go for a large TV
Although I dont own a projector, I dont think it is feasible for casual everyday watching TV sort of thing. (time take to start, slightly washed out in everyday bright lights)

However if your setup if a exclusive HT room (not meant for everyday TV watching) then you should pick a projector - to get a bigger screen size

If the TV/projector is going to be your only display device, I think you should go for a large TV
Although I dont own a projector, I dont think it is feasible for casual everyday watching TV sort of thing. (time take to start, slightly washed out in everyday bright lights)

However if your setup if a exclusive HT room (not meant for everyday TV watching) then you should pick a projector - to get a bigger screen size

this a great idea.
you must thinks again this solution. :eek:hyeah:
o.png

I am from hyd and currently bulding my dedicated HT room - its going to be so small that I am calling it micro theater - just 13x10. Building it out using part of the first floor sitout area in my home.

I am going opposite to what you are doing (most probably). Have the budget Wharfdale Moviestar 65+ and Sony 40ES with a 92" screen. Although I might still veer towards the BenQ 1070. I have bought no components.

How big is your room? Is your room light controlled?

Welcome to the forum Rakesh.
Like people above I would suggest the same, if its gonna be a "dedicated" home theater, the a projector is the way to go. Get something like 100-120 inches depending on your budget, there are quiet a few models that have crisp LED kind of quality. As for the screen i have always been neutral, its a personal choice, i m ok with a decently painted wall ;)

Sub-woofer, from experience I would recommend nothing but SVS, pick any sub from them that fits your budget and you will be more than happy.

@ Audio_Freek & Silentstorm

I will upload the fotos shortly and thanks for ur suggestion. Every one is suggesting SVS subs. Unlucky I haven't heard or had a chance to have a demo :( would like to hear them. Please suggest me a model according to my HT config budget is ~50K.

@ Audio_Freek & Silentstorm

I will upload the fotos shortly and thanks for ur suggestion. Every one is suggesting SVS subs. Unlucky I haven't heard or had a chance to have a demo :( would like to hear them. Please suggest me a model according to my HT config budget is ~50K.

Audire Technologies I think is an authorized dealer of SVS, check with them if they have anything for Demo.
For around 50 i guess you can get PB-1000, its a big sub but performance is outstanding.

Amplifier: Marantz - SR6008 (from amazon.co.uk for GBP 550(Rs 52700/-))
Speakers: JAMO S628HCS 5.0 (Rs:77500/-)
Bluray: Pioneer BDP450 (Rs:12000/-)
HDMI Cables: DAC
Speaker Wires: C&E 100-Feet 14 AWG Enhanced Loud Oxygen-Free Copper (From amazon.ca for RS:2374(48 CA$)
TV: NONE; Using my 22 inches LED PC monitor for time being :eek:

Welcome Rakesh to this awesome AV forum. I see you have gone in for some decent muscle in the audio area. great going !!!. Like you I haven't had the opp. to demo a SVS Sub(s). In fact I heard about this brand first from this forum. So I guess it must be that good. I am from an older gen. so I am more familiar with the old established audio brands like JBL, Polk, Bose, Infinity etc. I have two subs: One a 13 year old JBL 12"' and the other a recent Polk 12'' (DSW PRO 660). The Polk PRO660 is of course much crisper bass than the JBL and costs IRS 40000/-. But I think companies such as SVS specialize in subs so their products would be a notch higher than the generalists like the JBLs and Polks. So go for it if you are not constrained by budgets. TV versus Projector - Have never used the HD projectors. Plasma HDTVs are out of production. but even so if you can get your hands on the 64" Samsung PSF8500 then go for it @ IRS 1.78K - 2.0K range and pay for an extended warranty of 3 years.

Last edited:
Just need your support, to help me choose an option

1)TV or 2) A Projector 3) Subwoofer

While the confusion here is, I'm still a bachelor and investing on TV(42-47") is around 90K-1L while it doesn't add much value to a dedicated room home theater. However, on the other hand I am lil bit hesitant on projector models ie which one to choose and the same goes with Sub-woofer

My questions in my mind are :confused:

1) What should be the room size for the above configuration (total output is 870 Watts)
2) A projector in a good budget (Approx 60-1L) and screen size and price.
3) A subwoofer, have Sunfire brand in my mind (Demo seen), if not a good thumping bass brand.

Nothing can beat a PJ for movies but you need to weigh pro Vs Cons

TV
- Large screens are costly
- Running cost is less
- You can watch it for longer hours compared to PJ.

PJ
- Can give you screen larger than TV at less cost.
- Running cost is more if Lamp used, but if you get LED Lamp running cost is same as TV.
- Movie experience is always better on a large screen :), at least i feel so.
- Needs dark room/low ambient light.

Some known brands are
LED - Best i have heard of is Vivitek Qumi(is 720 p i believe), cost very less and a great picture in a dark room.

If you are looking at 1080p - most are above or around 1Lakh
Optoma, Vivitek, Epson, JVC

If you are planning to buy it for a dedicated HT room, spend on a PJ.

ALSO to warn you on one thing, right now there is no clear picture where entertainment Industry is headed, there is 1080p in use, 4K out there with less content and then there is above 4k already in working. So you might want to wait some time but i know don't know how long.

2. Try SVS sub (Sealed and ported both)
I liked SB-1000 but gona try PB-1000 and PB-2000 as well.

Last edited:
Welcome. I use SVS PB 1000 and I am happy about it. You can go for SVS products which will add good movie experience.

By the way, did you order the AVR from India or got it through friends? How much it landed for shipping?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back