My new HT!!

You have choosen a great avr. Better go with 2 sonodyne subs instead of 1 svs. You can try gwtting velodyne from htstore. Velodyne is better than sonodyne.

Regarding subwoofer you can check with E-12f which is a good matching for Zensor series.If budget is constraint u can also E-9 f roughly around 40k.
If not the above go for SVS PB-1000/SB-1000. Personally I have not heard SVS ,but it had very good reviews and our FM's appreciate very much.

Thanks kaptan and RajithKumar for your valuable suggestions ..

2 Velodynes will be out of my budget.

Dali E 12F is out of my reach and E 9F has a 9 inch driver.
I am setting up the HT in my living room so i need at least a 10 inch or 12 inch sub.

Hi All,

Need your suggestions in buliding up dedicated room for new home theatre.

Budget 5lakhs.(100% Movies)

1.AVR 7.1.4(Atmos)
2.Projector (3D)
3.Speakers
4.Acuostics
5.Reclainers

Also need suggestion on how much build up area will be suitable for 7.1.4 home theatre need measurements

Final price for Marantz 5010 : 80K
Final price for Denon 2200 : 61K

Ordered Denon 2200!!!

Called Acoustic Arts, the distributor for SVS and Velodyne and they said Velo Impact 12 is discontinued now and they are awaiting a new product to be launched soon.
For SVS, they offered only 10% ..
I am looking for a better deal for the sub.
I can get 2 Sonodyne Roarr210 for the price of 1 SVS pb1000 or even less but is that a good idea??

I can go for one Roarr210 for the time being and if i find the bass to be inadequate then I can buy another ..

How do I explain all this to my wife:rolleyes: she thinks the total budget is 60K:eek:hyeah:

Guys, kindly help me with the ceiling speakers also please. The dealer has Paradigm PV-50R which he's offering for 12K a pair. I have not seen a lot of posts related to ceiling/atmos speakers so need your expert suggestions please.

Sailaza Subhadarshan
I would just like a suggestion.. I have been looking at Denon 2200 prices.. and some seller at Amazon was and is selling it at 56K.. Is it not advisable to get it from there.. or are there any risks involved..?? Kindly guide..

Sent from my Samsung Galxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

You can always ask the seller if its seller's warranty or manufacturer's warranty. I dont think the seller quoting 56K in amazon can provide you manufacturers warranty.
You can contact Kripa Electronics India who are the distributors of Denon in India to check the authenticity of that particular seller.

Hope that helps.
regards,
Sailaza

I would just like a suggestion.. I have been looking at Denon 2200 prices.. and some seller at Amazon was and is selling it at 56K.. Is it not advisable to get it from there.. or are there any risks involved..?? Kindly guide..

Sent from my Samsung Galxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Contact Fairdeal Electronics, Mumbai and ask for the price i think it should be around 56-58k and i have purchased from him and he is a genuine dealer. Also ask him about shipping charges which i believe they do provide.

tripleace, congrats on your purchase of avr!!! SVS would be better than sonodyne. if your room size is big then you would require 2 subs otherwise one should suffice.

tripleace, congrats on your purchase of avr!!! SVS would be better than sonodyne. if your room size is big then you would require 2 subs otherwise one should suffice.
Thanks mshifi:)

I decided to go with one sub because it's an apartment and people might complain ..
Yes the room size is big but the cost of SVS is bigger:eek:hyeah:
Trying to find a dealer who can offer some good discount.

Having dual subs does not mean to go loud but the purpose is to get even bass throughout the room and a flat response. When u go audition try to hear with single sub and duals so you can see the difference.

Having dual subs does not mean to go loud but the purpose is to get even bass throughout the room and a flat response. When u go audition try to hear with single sub and duals so you can see the difference.

Thanks for explaining kaptan. I am gonna take the demo soon ..

Not yet. Everything will be delivered in 2-3 days and still I have to wait another month or so till my new flat's interior work is done.

Congrats on the setup man.

So, have u got the delivery of the AVR and speakers.

What made you choose Dali over Paradigms . I am assuming you haven't auditioned the Dalis (from your first post)

Congrats on the setup man.

So, have u got the delivery of the AVR and speakers.

What made you choose Dali over Paradigms . I am assuming you haven't auditioned the Dalis (from your first post)
Thanks Jithu:)
Yes I went to Kolkata and bought everything from there. It's still lying in my office store as my new flat's interior work will take a month or so.

I had no choice of auditions in my city so the purchase was solely based on budget/reviews/suggestions.

Sub woofer and ceiling speakers yet to be bought. Considering the SVS PB1000 and either Klipsch or Byford Audio ceiling speakers. Looking for a good price for the PB1000 ..

And also in the look out for a mint condition Technics DD S-Shaped tone arm TT:eek:hyeah:

Cheers,
Sailaza

If you don't mind, can u post/PM me the amount you were quoted for speakers and how much did you paid. As i am also eyeing for the Dali speakers to update my existing setup.

And do you have a dedicated home theater room in your new flat ?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back