My new humble ht

srikarkav

Hi Guys,

so i went to ezone at alwarpet and bought the Onkyo s3100.:) They gave this to me for an offer price of Rs.16500/- You guys think its a good deal? I also bought a digital coaxial cable for rs 699/- since my philips dvp 5106k has only that and not an optical out.

My impatient son set it up loosely at 11 in the night(crazy huh?)and we saw a dvd.
I am very satisfied with the sound. I think after the onkyo guys come and install it properly and do all the tweaking we will have a much improved performance.I think this product is VFM for the price i paid.

One query guys. since my dvp has component out, i have connected my tv directly to my dvp. I want t know whether i should buy another component cable and connect my dvp to the AVR and the AVR to my TV. will the picture quality improve?

Anyways guys please give me your valuable inputs to take full advantage of the system.
Thank you,
sridhar c

They gave this to me for an offer price of Rs.16500/- You guys think its a good deal? I also bought a digital coaxial cable for rs 699/- since my philips dvp 5106k has only that and not an optical out.

Congratulations, the 3100 is a popular model. Seems to be a good price.

My impatient son set it up loosely at 11 in the night(crazy huh?)and we saw a dvd.

This feels like Deja Vu for me. My son did the same when I bought home a 875.

One query guys. since my dvp has component out, i have connected my tv directly to my dvp. I want t know whether i should buy another component cable and connect my dvp to the AVR and the AVR to my TV. will the picture quality improve?

The receiver of the 3100 can scale up to 1080i. Depending upon what extent your DVP scales, routing the video signals through your 3100 receiver will pay some dividends.

Cheers

Congrats on the buy. If you are satisfied with the picture and audio quality then leave it at this.

Re: the routing of connections. Component video upscaling is a tricky affair and without going into the nitty gritty of why, I say that you leave it connected to the TV if it does not bother you. The one disadvantage with this approach is that if you have a STB and need to connect to TV, then you are looking at having atleast 2 inputs on the TV. If this is not a problem then no worries going directly to the TV.

Congrats on the purchase and the connections are fine as is. There is no HDMI in 3100 so what you have gone with is correct.

Hi,
Congrats for your new HT Set Up, and s3100 is a good basic model from Onkyo, as far as hooking component video thro' av receiver may not improve yur video quality. if your player is capable of doing it leave it at that and moreover you need an LCD panel for viewing HD.
Regards

Are you sure that 3100 can upscale to 1080i?its Htib.

That is what the specs I read in a few sites say about the receiver of the 3100. But I think you are right. The 3100 just supports bandwidth upto 1080i. Does not scale. I am sorry.

Cheers

Hi Guys
I am also planning to buy Amplifer system, Since iam having Sony HT and same is does't have Optical / coaxial In, i have decided to go for new. I have one doubt if i buy a amplifier system can i use same old HT speakers or should i buy net set of speakers ?
Thanks in advanced and seeking your help!!

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back