My new setup

Sunderpalanivel

Okay..after buying the used luxman. its 200 watts per channel was too hot for my bookshelf speakers. Then I sold the luxman and bought the music fedility m1 class A which sounded really good but my spekers were little too hard to drive for the 20 watts per channel A1. Finally decided no more used stuff and bought a new rega brio amp. I must say its such a perfecr match for my speakers. Then got the rega dac on demo. The unit was not runin properly so it was boomy and thick and what not..unable to decide i dropped the hammer on Metrum acoustics Onyx dac. The manual says it takes 3 weeks for the unit to break in but the way its sounding out of the box im thrilled how good it will be after breakin. Very soon I will be getting my metrum amber roon end point as well. Exciting times ahead.

The onyx dac is really a gem. Its so much detailed without being bright or edgy. Phase and timing are very good with wide soundstage. More impression will follow as it breaks in. Few pics

Attachments

• IMG-20180820-WA0017.jpg
    IMG-20180820-WA0017.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG-20180820-WA0016.jpg
    IMG-20180820-WA0016.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG-20180820-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20180820-WA0014.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG-20180820-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20180820-WA0015.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 135
good choice of components individually.

maybe some improvement in power supply organization will help ?

what interconnects and speaker cables do you use ?

Congratulations on the new setup.

Wat bookshelf speakers are u using?

Was luxman over powered?
Thanks.

My speakers are guru junior. Im my set up U value the speakers more than other equiment and these speakers are so flexible in placement and sound so clean without resonating and creating boomy bass

Im assuming that the luxman was too powerful and thats why the high frequencies and female vocal were all over the place and sounded all mixed up

good choice of components individually.

maybe some improvement in power supply organization will help ?

what interconnects and speaker cables do you use ?
I use rega optional power cord and rega speaker cables. So this eleminates lot of confusion. I use qed interconnects and looking for a power cord for the dac something good but not as expensive as rega's

Thats a good idea to go the Rega way.

I suppose the power cord for the DAC can wait till about 2 months till it settles in fully..

Congrats on your new purchase sundar, Rega is gem of an amp. since you are using the Rega power cable for the amp try the oem power cable which came in with the amp for your dac. the default cable supplied by rega is of much better quality

Okay..after buying the used luxman. its 200 watts per channel was too hot for my bookshelf speakers. Then I sold the luxman and bought the music fedility m1 class A which sounded really good but my spekers were little too hard to drive for the 20 watts per channel A1. Finally decided no more used stuff and bought a new rega brio amp. I must say its such a perfecr match for my speakers. Then got the rega dac on demo. The unit was not runin properly so it was boomy and thick and what not..unable to decide i dropped the hammer on Metrum acoustics Onyx dac. The manual says it takes 3 weeks for the unit to break in but the way its sounding out of the box im thrilled how good it will be after breakin. Very soon I will be getting my metrum amber roon end point as well. Exciting times ahead.

The onyx dac is really a gem. Its so much detailed without being bright or edgy. Phase and timing are very good with wide soundstage. More impression will follow as it breaks in. Few pics
After seeing this setup, I was thinking where I had seen anything about this speaker. Yesterday accidently I came across an old whathifi at home and found this review. 20180903_154809.jpg

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back