My Onkyo 606 powers on, but the sound output comes only after a 3 minutes delay

RSRAMESH

Not sure what settings i tampered with, the onkyo 606 receiver i have though powers on immediately throws sound output only after 3 minutes delay.:mad:

Please help me resolving this issue.

Thanks
Ramesh S

Not sure what settings i tampered with, the onkyo 606 receiver i have though powers on immediately throws sound output only after 3 minutes delay.:mad:

Please help me resolving this issue.

Thanks
Ramesh S

If it is because of the settings, try resetting the 606 to factory settings by pressing the VCR + StandBy button on the AVR simultaneously.

If it is because of the settings, try resetting the 606 to factory settings by pressing the VCR + StandBy button on the AVR simultaneously.

Thank You, i tried pressing VCR + Standby on the remote, didn't worked, will try today pressing VCR + Standby on the AVR directly (overlooked your suggestion slightly) hope it works.

Ramesh S

Thank You, i tried pressing VCR + Standby on the remote, didn't worked, will try today pressing VCR + Standby on the AVR directly (overlooked your suggestion slightly) hope it works.

Ramesh S

Now it shld reset the AVR.

Tried resetting to factory default, it did worked (i mean restoring to default factory setting). but the problem still persists.

To add some more clarity to the issue i am facing:
When i power on the amp with an inbetween interval of more than an hour the receiver takes around 2 to 3 minute to deliver sound output.

Once the receiver starts delivering sound even if I switch off the receiver and switch on it works immediately.

The receiver goes into the delayed sound output mode only when i put the receiver in power off mode for more than an hour or so....strange....

appreciate any help for fellow folks, thanks.

A wild guess... do you have any voltage stabilzer with a time delay (like the ones used for refrigerators)?

A wild guess... do you have any voltage stabilzer with a time delay (like the ones used for refrigerators)?

If this would have been the case then there would also be no power when the AVR is turned on initially, but in this case it powers up but sound comes after a delay. I guess that the AVR needs service. This look like the problem of a weak Capasitor inside the AVR, which might need replacement.

If this would have been the case then there would also be no power when the AVR is turned on initially, but in this case it powers up but sound comes after a delay. I guess that the AVR needs service. This look like the problem of a weak Capasitor inside the AVR, which might need replacement.

man whats happening with the onkyos ???

I opened the top cover to see if some thing is fishy to the laymans sight, (thoug i am an electronics engineering graduate basically), i found one of the large capacitors had leaked, found white substance leaked and hardened around this capacitor, so i guess the afore said reason could be the problem. hmmmm, no option other taking the receiver to a trained hands but not to onkyo service center though, as i purchased this from US :sad:

Any suggetions/contact details of a good service engineer in Chennai?

Thanks
Ramesh S

Onkyo's are famous for VFM in the AVR segment since they load their AVRs with all bells and wishes and in order to achieve it they might have ignored the quality aspects in their components which we suffer as their customers.

very true ashish , i had an older ankyo avr (787) with me for about 7 years , i had literally abused this unit to the core although it was used only as a pre

but it was so honest with its duties that it never failed even once

sad that i traded it abt a year ago for the 875

I opened the top cover to see if some thing is fishy to the laymans sight, (thoug i am an electronics engineering graduate basically), i found one of the large capacitors had leaked, found white substance leaked and hardened around this capacitor, so i guess the afore said reason could be the problem. hmmmm, no option other taking the receiver to a trained hands but not to onkyo service center though, as i purchased this from US :sad:

Thanks
Ramesh S
i wud recomend u go to onkyo service centre as they may be better trained with thier products
will let u know the onkyo service experience , as i wud be taking mine to them on monday

Thanks
Ramesh S

I would still suggest you to take it to Onkyo as they would replace the exact part required even if you have bought the same from US. In my case too I has bought mine from Singapore but I still got the service done through Onkyo's own service center, but in my case they also ripped me apart and gave me an inflated repair bill of 43.5k. But even after spending so much amount I am satisfied as I got a warranrty for the repairs carried on my AVR and also the total cost of repair and the cost which I bought it for has still come to be cheaper than what it was avaliable here for.

Last edited:
I would still suggest you to take it to Onkyo as they would replace the exact part required even if you have bought the same from US. In my case too I has bought mine from Singapore but I still got the service done through Onkyo's own service center, but in my case they also ripped me apart and gave me an inflated repair bill of 43.5k. But even after spending so much amount I am satisfied as I got a warranrty for the repairs carried on my AVR and also the total cost of repair and the cost which I bought it for has still come to be cheaper than what it was avaliable here for.

43.5k for service :annoyed:(i think it was the hdmi board right ? ) is hell a lot of money for repair

thats too much of money , the point is u are satisfied

thanks for the tips u told me to follow when i give mine for service , hope i dont get ripped

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back