My quest to build a HT Setup

My old Samsung Smart TV is laggy. So went ahead and bought Mi Box 4K ATB. I am connecting via HDMI cable provided with it in the Media player connect behind X2600H and output is to TV. But the display doesnt show up but when I connect via HDMI to TV, it's working. Am I missing something ? Please help

Setup that I can drool for few years.

Attachments

• IMG_20200608_110905.jpg
    IMG_20200608_110905.jpg
    866.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20200612_153146_641.jpg
    IMG_20200612_153146_641.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20200612_153146_651.jpg
    IMG_20200612_153146_651.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20200612_153146_643.jpg
    IMG_20200612_153146_643.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 95
My old Samsung Smart TV is laggy. So went ahead and bought Mi Box 4K ATB. I am connecting via HDMI cable provided with it in the Media player connect behind X2600H and output is to TV. But the display doesnt show up but when I connect via HDMI to TV, it's working. Am I missing something ? Please help
Try plugging in MIBOX directly to TV first using same HDMI cable.

Try plugging in MIBOX directly to TV first using same HDMI cable.
Connecting directly to TV is working and AVR is also working. I had mendled with some options in Input in AVR. Restored it back to default. It's working now. But I feel the output which in terms Audio quality and Picture quality is bad. I connected my external harddisk to TV and played a movie, the receiver was able to decode the DD produce enough volume. But in Mi Box, I get lessor sound and feel it's inferior. And Picture quality, I find grains in the complete output. Be it running from harddisk or any streaming content.

Its been more than a month of purchase and I am enjoying every bit of it.
But still there seems to be confusion in the mind. I went the used route for the speakers and sub.
My mind still doesnt accept I got used products spending almost a lakh on speakers and sub.
More or less most the speakers were 4+ year old.

The below the prices I got it for

Dali Zensor 7 - 35000 (MRP 78900 from AVstore, must have been less in 2015), Also Zensor 7 is no more available.
Dali Zensor Vokal - 13500 (MRP 24000 from AVstore, must have been less in 2015)
Dali Spektor 2 (2 Years old) - 12000 ( MRP 30000 from AV Store)
SVS SB1000 - 35000 (MRP 72000)

Considering Dealers offer 25% Discount on Dali.

Please note, this is not directed at the FM's that I bought from.

Its just a confusion in the mind and wanted to share with you all and ensure that I have made a wise decision.

Absolute vfm as u got everything for 1/3rd prices if got a new one.
Anyway speakers tech wont change much so 2nd hand is fine as long as they weren't abused by previous owner.
Av rcvr i wd prefer a new one coz of new tech getting featured every year.
Happy Listening.

Its been more than a month of purchase and I am enjoying every bit of it.
But still there seems to be confusion in the mind. I went the used route for the speakers and sub.
My mind still doesnt accept I got used products spending almost a lakh on speakers and sub.
More or less most the speakers were 4+ year old.

The below the prices I got it for

Dali Zensor 7 - 35000 (MRP 78900 from AVstore, must have been less in 2015), Also Zensor 7 is no more available.
Dali Zensor Vokal - 13500 (MRP 24000 from AVstore, must have been less in 2015)
Dali Spektor 2 (2 Years old) - 12000 ( MRP 30000 from AV Store)
SVS SB1000 - 35000 (MRP 72000)

Considering Dealers offer 25% Discount on Dali.

Please note, this is not directed at the FM's that I bought from.

Its just a confusion in the mind and wanted to share with you all and ensure that I have made a wise decision.

These are great prices compared to 2015 selling price and even ongoing used market price :)

That's a very reasonable price you have paid.
And don't get me wrong - barring very exceptional scenarios, new Dali speakers don't get more than 10% off on mrp.

Absolute vfm as u got everything for 1/3rd prices if got a new one.
Anyway speakers tech wont change much so 2nd hand is fine as long as they weren't abused by previous owner.
Av rcvr i wd prefer a new one coz of new tech getting featured every year.
Happy Listening.
Thanks for the heads up.
I dont think its 1/3rd of a price. I have got it for half the price when discount given by DNI is 25%. Even if I consider the Dali Oberon 7(Next Iteration to Zensor 7 I hope) MRP is 96900 and considering discount from DNI at 25%, it would be 72K and a used Zensor 7 is available for 60K.

AVR I have got a new one Denon X2600H.

These are great prices compared to 2015 selling price and even ongoing used market price :)
Now considering the current market scenarios, I pretty much feel okish.
One question though, How can I use these speakers ? I see a minimum of 5 years of use for it at home now.
I was contemplatiing of selling everything and buy new ones over the last one week.
But I have actually started enjoying it now, I felt the the noise levels were low prolly due to the AVR hasn't burn in yet.

You got all the components at pretty nice price. So, enjoy your setup without worrying about these things.

Not able to post on wanted section. I am looking for a pair of Dali Alteco's / Height speakers.
Please PM me if you were willing to sell away your height speakers.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back