My Raw - Home Theatre Setup

RSRAMESH

Folks,

Wanted to share with you all my HT Setup, still a long way to go, due to budget constraints will start refining this Mar-Apr 09

Regards
Ramesh S

Last edited:
Its good Ramesh. Congrats on your setup and sharing the photos.
About the components used, kind of experience you had and other details will also help people like us to know more about the setup.

Its good Ramesh. Congrats on your setup and sharing the photos.
About the components used, kind of experience you had and other details will also help people like us to know more about the setup.

Below are the Component Details.

1. Receiver - Onkyo SR606.
2. Speaker - Jamo 606. HCS 3.
3. Speaker Cables - OFC.
4. DVD Player 1 - Sony P708 - Upconversion Capable.
5. DVD Player 2 (5.1 HT) - Samsung HT250 (Old one using primarily to watch TV).
6. STB - SunDirect.
7. TV - SAMSUNG LCD 37" FULL HD 5-Series.
8. Video Signal (Component Output from DVD Player & STB to Receiver In) - Cable Brand - NAX.
9. Audio Signal - Optical Cable - (DVD Player 1 Output to Receiver In) - Cable Brand - MX.(My friend is bringing me a good quality Optial Cable from Japn - Of course free ;), not sure about the brand ).
10. HDMI Cable - Receiver Out to TV In.
11. V-Guard 2KVA - Digital Stabilizer.

Congratulations Ramesh!

I see that you have placed the sub woofer lying down inside the rack. If this is side firing sub, please see of you can place in on a hard surface such as the floor, and in an upright position.

Cheers

Congratulations Ramesh!

I see that you have placed the sub woofer lying down inside the rack. If this is side firing sub, please see of you can place in on a hard surface such as the floor, and in an upright position.

Cheers

Thank You!.

The Sub inside the rack is a passive sub - came along with Samsung 5.1 HT.

I've placed Jamo Sub200 in the rear corner as suggested by Cinebels Representative.

Regards
Ramesh S

Thank You!.

The Sub inside the rack is a passive sub - came along with Samsung 5.1 HT.

I've placed Jamo Sub200 in the rear corner as suggested by Cinebels Representative.

Regards
Ramesh S

That's good. What about the racks? Is it DIY? The price?

Hi Ramesh

You have a good components set. 2 things I notice with your speakers set up that should be changed:

1. Move them a bit further from the floor as the reflecting waves will combine with those with the front and cause highs/dips in the listening ares

2. The spkr near the window should be oriented towards the center of the room. Otherwise its waves will be out of phase with the next one. Best way to think about this is that the speakes & you in the center of room should form an equilateral triangle points. This should iprove the overall sound stage.

Lets us know how it sounds

Happy listening...

I had seen your setup in Sales section.

Good you decided to keep it.

best luck!

Hi Ramesh

You have a good components set. 2 things I notice with your speakers set up that should be changed:

1. Move them a bit further from the floor as the reflecting waves will combine with those with the front and cause highs/dips in the listening ares

2. The spkr near the window should be oriented towards the center of the room. Otherwise its waves will be out of phase with the next one. Best way to think about this is that the speakes & you in the center of room should form an equilateral triangle points. This should iprove the overall sound stage.

Lets us know how it sounds

Happy listening...

Thank You! for the comments, i will align the speakers facing the central area (prime listening point) and try.

The distance from Centre speaker to Listening area is just 6 feet so to form an equilateral triange i need to bring the Front speakers closer, but the user manual says there should be a minimum distance of 2 metres between the front speakers, any suggestions?

Regards
Ramesh S

I had seen your setup in Sales section.

Good you decided to keep it.

best luck!

Thank You!.

Well the setup is still available for sale provided my losses are minimal.

Over All Expense incurred - 75K.

I am ok to Sell it off for 65K :(.

Regards
Ramesh S

the user manual says there should be a minimum distance of 2 metres between the front speakers, any suggestions?

Regards
Ramesh S

This is to prevent one set of waves from interfering with the other's but this not too much of a conern since the waves come in this fashion ))) (vertical) so them being closer wont interfere too much. Also pull them ahead from the back wall as it will reflet quite a bit otherwise. and put some carpets or rugs on the floor.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back