My review of the XGIMI H1

Any genuine buyer would like to buy H1AURORA MODEL
Condition: New and opened to check only to verify working condition and accessories.

Xgimi plans to bring H2 (sucessor of H1) - https://www.xgimi.com/en/H2-immersive-home-projector.html#/specification

1350 Lumens on H2 Vs 900 on H1.. Almost 50% or more brightness than H1.. Would be the brightest LED projector i guess..
Throw ratio is mentioned as 1.2:1 o H2 Vs 1.5:1 on H1.. So bigger image from a shorter distance..

Hoping for a 4K resolution projector sooner from them..

Xgimi plans to bring H2 (sucessor of H1) - https://www.xgimi.com/en/H2-immersive-home-projector.html#/specification

1350 Lumens on H2 Vs 900 on H1.. Almost 50% or more brightness than H1.. Would be the brightest LED projector i guess..
Throw ratio is mentioned as 1.2:1 o H2 Vs 1.5:1 on H1.. So bigger image from a shorter distance..

Looks like its already available for quite some time. See the links below.

H2 Review

H1 vs H2 Youtube comparison.

XGIMI H2 AVS Forum review.

They announced H2 last May.
Also they have some A series, which I assume is 4k, not sure though

I covered my entire living room glossy tiled floor with dark grey / black mat.. (sort of a carpet)..

PkDgrwd.jpg

I found this mat, from a near by wooden scrap dealer..

Thickness = 2 ~ 3 mm, aval in only dark grey colour..
Pre-cut size (irregularly cut sides), approx 5.5 ft x 4 ft..
Weight - Each piece weighs about 4 Kgs and sold per kilo and not per piece..
Price - Rs 80/Kg..

So took around 8 pieces of it to cover my entire floor of 14 x 11ft, it weighed at 30 Kgs, so paid Rs 2,400 for it + Rs 100 for Auto to ship it to my place..

Totally spent Rs 2,500.. I cut them to regular shapes (corners) to neatly fit beside each other..

ALdPOBx.jpg

gmh2J9z.jpg

The projector screen was very close to floor than to ceiling.. Abt 1 ft from my glossy tiled floor.. The whole room used to light up (reflection) when watching movie in near dark condition..

After adding this mat, it has completely cutdown the reflection of the floor and this has improved the contrast very much.. Colours look rich on the AT screen (Fabric)..

There are some reflections of the sidewalls & ceiling, though not as much as the floor.. Thinking of getting a similar material to cover the side walls until the height of projection screen (or) slightly higher to absorb the light straying in the room.. Guess this should improve the contrast even more..

It proves that you are a bachelor :) . No married man will have the guts to add this to the living room :) :):)

By the way, why dont you add some casing to cover the hanging wires ?

It proves that you are a bachelor :) . No married man will have the guts to add this to the living room :) :):)

Ha ha.. Thx.. Am married, have a 3.5 yrs old kid.. I did this as trial and the cost involved wasn't too much Rs 2,500.. Worth it i would say..

By the way, why dont you add some casing to cover the hanging wires ?

Thx.. Sure.. It has been long pending.. Am planning to add broadband absorption panels sooner to the front wall where ever possible.. Once that is done, will try to get the casing for wires, as final one..

Ha ha.. Thx.. Am married, have a 3.5 yrs old kid.. I did this as trial and the cost involved wasn't too much Rs 2,500.. Worth it i would say..
Was just kidding... However in my opinion, a custom made carpet which fits your room will be a better option

Hey guys, how do I select input sources ? I have fire tv stick plugged in hdmi1. I go into system setup > signal source and select HDMI1 and nothing happens. I restart the projector and then a prompt comes asking me if I want to switch to hdmi1. Is this a known issue or I don’t know how to do it ?

How do I select a specific input source ?

Hey guys, how do I select input sources ? I have fire tv stick plugged in hdmi1. I go into system setup > signal source and select HDMI1 and nothing happens. I restart the projector and then a prompt comes asking me if I want to switch to hdmi1. Is this a known issue or I don’t know how to do it ?

How do I select a specific input source ?

Found my answer to this. On the H2, press the third button from the top for 3 seconds and a window appears that allows you to select signal source and all other common settings.

@elangoas - can you please share the display settings you have for your H1? I tried to fine tune my display settings and its not getting correct. Let me try your settings once and see

Thank you. I use a motorised screen from Elite

Here are my settings on my projector for a fabric screen. (low gain 0.6)..

User
Contrast - 40
Brightness - 67
Hue - 35
Sharpness - 33
Saturation - 41
Colour Temperature - Nature
Luminance - 7

The above values are after using Spears & Munsil calibration Disc using blue filter..

If you are using vinyl based screen, then you may have to reduce the brightness a bit.. Check what works for you..

Here are my settings on my projector for a fabric screen. (low gain 0.6)..

User
Contrast - 40
Brightness - 67
Hue - 35
Sharpness - 33
Saturation - 41
Colour Temperature - Nature
Luminance - 7

The above values are after using Spears & Munsil calibration Disc using blue filter..

If you are using vinyl based screen, then you may have to reduce the brightness a bit.. Check what works for you..
Thank you @elangoas . Will try and get back to you with results

Done... picture is 'wow' now... I feel the red tint is bit more... what are your RGB values?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back