My review of the XGIMI H1

Hello friends,
I already bought it 8 months back.. give good quality but u going to face many problems if u r not belongs to china..
They says 10000 hrs tube but that's wrong..
My tube gone and they saying to send me back to china bcoz they don't have any service centers other than china.. I am ready to send but service providers not ready to send electronic items.
Now what should I do?
SO PLEASE avaide TO BUY PROJECTS IF THEY DID NOT PROVIDE SERVICE IN UR CONTRY

Hello friends,
I already bought it 8 months back.. give good quality but u going to face many problems if u r not belongs to china..
They says 10000 hrs tube but that's wrong..
My tube gone and they saying to send me back to china bcoz they don't have any service centers other than china.. I am ready to send but service providers not ready to send electronic items.
Now what should I do?
SO PLEASE avaide TO BUY PROJECTS IF THEY DID NOT PROVIDE SERVICE IN UR CONTRY

What tube you are talking about?

hi guys,

i have just bought this PJ in London (this is where i live), after reading this thread and review. I am using IKEA TUPPLUR GREY BLACK OUT roller blinds as my projection screen. It is 200Cm wide which give me approx 90" diagonal screen viewed from 8.5ft. Which is a very good viewing distance for my taste.

The PQ is good out of the box but i would like to make some tweaks to the actual picture. So far the only setting i have found is the LED Custom where i can change brightness and RGB values but cant change sharpness etc.

Earlier in the discussion in this thread on page 2 post #38 there is an image showing Picture Setting Menu. My issues i that i can not find this menu anywhere and it is not even mentioned in user manual or neither on any youtube videos etc.

So can anyone please help me find this menu? I would like to run a small calibration process using KNOWHOW Calibration disk.

Another problem i have is that my PJ is around 9ft away from the screen and it should be throwing approx 120" image but because my screen is smaller i had to use stepless zoom. This is a great feature and my setting is right now at 36 on this. however the down side is that the PJ still throws lights for the full 120" screen but the actual image is reduced for 90" screen, means i am getting grey surrounding which is very bothersome in the dark scenes.

Is there a way to hide this unwanted area?

Thanks

Kedar

My issues i that i can not find this menu anywhere and it is not even mentioned in user manual or neither on any youtube videos etc. So can anyone please help me find this menu? I would like to run a small calibration process using KNOWHOW Calibration disk.

Press & hold the menu key for few seconds and you should be able to get to that menu..

Another problem i have is that my PJ is around 9ft away from the screen and it should be throwing approx 120" image but because my screen is smaller i had to use stepless zoom. This is a great feature and my setting is right now at 36 on this. however the down side is that the PJ still throws lights for the full 120" screen but the actual image is reduced for 90" screen, means i am getting grey surrounding which is very bothersome in the dark scenes.

I have used the full optical zoom on my PJ and i too have this border on the AT screen, but it is very thin and not so intrusive.. Don't think it can be hidden..

hi Elangoas,

thanks so much for getting me going on this.

I have now done some basic calibration and the PQ is just awesome. Even though this is not a 4K PJ, i have played some 4K youtube samples at 1080p and the whole thing turned into a real cinema. I have also tested 3D glasses which came with it. the pictures are just popping out with lot of depth and almost no cross talk at all.

hi Elangoas,

thanks so much for getting me going on this.

I have now done some basic calibration and the PQ is just awesome. Even though this is not a 4K PJ, i have played some 4K youtube samples at 1080p and the whole thing turned into a real cinema. I have also tested 3D glasses which came with it. the pictures are just popping out with lot of depth and almost no cross talk at all.

Thats great.. I too had done basic calibration using a calibration disc loaned from a FM and couldn't be more happier with H1..

Happy watching big screen..

right now I am stuck with my HTPC due to an upgrade. but will be posting usage of this new PJ along with Denon AVR-X2300W Dolby Atmos.
i am sure it will be like going to a multiplex or even better.

one thing sprung to my mind today about my question earlier about Stepless Zoom and illuminated dark sides.

I think when one uses Stepless Zoom to make the picture smaller for smaller screens, the actual lumens reduces. Because the projector is still projecting for the full screen however the stepless zoom is making the picture smaller.

Hope this make sense.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back