My SAMSON 62 Band Equalizer got damaged by Pro Musicals.

deba

Dear All,

Recently I have sent my SAMSON E62 - 62 band Graphic Equalizer for servicing to Pro Musicals , Chennai and after much delay they serviced the EQ and gave it back to me.

Upon receiving the unit I have connected it to my system and found that only one channel is working and the EQ Front Plate has been damaged by the courier company while in transit as the packaging was inappropriate and done quiet carelessly.

After contacting them they said that they will do the service again free of cost.

I am keeping the EQ with me and thinking of what to do. If I sent them again it might be further damaged.

Thats what you call service.:rolleyes::sad:

It is sad to hear about the damage.... If it is pet product we have to take care ourself..

Whom to blame now? Courier Company or Musicals???

It is become common everywhere that nobody is caring about the packing of an product.. Once it is out of box from abroad responsibility is with us ONLY..

Including DHL it is become commercial now and customer care( Product care) is secondary for them.

Dear Deba,
just came across this post. I firstly regret that you had a problem with the returned/repaired unit but must point out that your annoyance is misdirected and your blame on the wrong party. Transit damage is the cause of the problem and your courier and NOT promusicals is the culprit here.

We offered FREE service despite the fact that the damage was caused by poor handling of the courier.that is indeed good service that we offer to all clients. The fact that you yourself pointed out that you were cautious of damage again in transit points to the fact that you are aware of the real culprit but pointed blame at us. Please do be responsible in a public forum.

We have 15 years of catering to service needs of the country and ship goods all over India so packing is something we do well but courier's poor handling off goods is a well recorded fact in India. We too are always victim of this despite all efforts there is no improvement in couriers handling skills. We regret this and repeat it is out of our control.

If you can suggest more we can do then please do and we would be happy to oblige - that is indeed service.

We all know that the courier service/handling in our country is horrible.....so when we all know this fact, the responsibility of goods in transit should lie with the packer/sender and not the receiver......

Dear Deba,
just came across this post. I firstly regret that you had a problem with the returned/repaired unit but must point out that your annoyance is misdirected and your blame on the wrong party. Transit damage is the cause of the problem and your courier and NOT promusicals is the culprit here.

We offered FREE service despite the fact that the damage was caused by poor handling of the courier.that is indeed good service that we offer to all clients. The fact that you yourself pointed out that you were cautious of damage again in transit points to the fact that you are aware of the real culprit but pointed blame at us. Please do be responsible in a public forum.

We have 15 years of catering to service needs of the country and ship goods all over India so packing is something we do well but courier's poor handling off goods is a well recorded fact in India. We too are always victim of this despite all efforts there is no improvement in couriers handling skills. We regret this and repeat it is out of our control.

If you can suggest more we can do then please do and we would be happy to oblige - that is indeed service.

Dear Sir,

It is indeed very interesting to note that at last after about 6 months you have ultimately found some time to reply to my post/problem. Several email were sent to you with a copy to Samson USA and till date we have received no reply for any sort of settlement in the matter.

It seems that you have not read my original post where I have very clearly stated that the front plate of the EQ was damaged by the courier company while in transit.

My grievance is not related to the dent and scratches received by the EQ but the quality of service received from you. The equalizer was sent to you for service in December 2009. Upon receiving no intimation from you we repeatedly telephoned your service center to get hold of someone responsible enough to inform us about the defect found in the equalizer and the estimated cost involved but to our utter surprise all calls were attended by your staff named Ms Sushila or Ms Kamaladevi and it was really very laborious to communicate with them since they were not very fluent in English nor were they technically conversant.

After much difficulty we got hold of your technical staff named Mr Chella Kumar only once who assured us that he will let us know about the defects and the estimated cost involved in the service. Please note that after that we never heard from him though we tried to contact him over phone but we were always told that he is not available.

Ultimately after about 15days I received the EQ and upon opening I found that the front plate has received some damage and its definitely the courier company which is the culprit NOT YOU.

I connected the EQ to my system and found that one channel is completely dead and the other is acting erroneously and the entire frequency response has shifted. I was sure at that point of time that the EQ was not serviced as required from your end and requested you for an inspection / test at my place by any of your representative and/or dealer or even your friend and do whatever is fit and proper. Interestingly till date no reply or assistance in this regard has been received by us. We have even checked the EQ for any loose parts / slack due to improper handling by the Courier company but all were found to be in place since a Graphic EQ doesnt have any moving mechanism or parts like a Multitrack or Mastering Recorder.

We even wanted to make out how Susan Electronics billed for the service and came into the picture when the EQ should have been serviced by none other than Pro Musicals.

We are confident that the service was not free but definitely inappropriate and it was quiet easy for anyone to pass the blame onto the courier company for the malfunction of the EQ.Please note that the body dent was caused by the Courier Company but they cannot be blamed for the frequency shift in the EQ, this can only happen when improper replacement components are used in the service.

Please be responsible enough before blaming the customer or even the courier company for the fault or shortcomings from your side since Customers dont achieve anything by damaging your 15 year old reputation.

We again request you to do the needful if you wish to since it will not be possible for us to pack and send the EQ to you again at our cost.

Thank you.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back