My Setup

sohels

Hello fellow Hi-Fi enthusiasts, here's my newly revamped setup:

Looking towards the display
35741867.jpg

Looking away from the display. Guilty of suboptimal placement for surrounds and surround backs :eek:
47178764.jpg

Denon AVR-791
64433471.jpg

Oppo BDP-80, TataSky (eagerly awaiting launch of TataSky HD in Rajkot!), vacant spot for WD TV Live Plus (currently with a friend).
51462504.jpg

Screen in open position and 10.7 with grilles on.
10388859.jpg

Thats it for now, suggestions welcome!

Thanks guys! Sorry for the poor photography - I should have given more thought to the lighting and composition. Maybe I'll click new ones later this week.

Nice setup..!

How is the Optoma HD66? What is the differences between the HD65 and HD66 ?

I'm very happy with it. The factory defaults are not very good, but once the settings are correctly adjusted, the picture is great. I was debating between the HD20 and the HD66 - the former supports 1080p while the latter only does 720p but is much brighter and cheaper. As of now, I'm happy with the decision.

Compared to the HD65, the HD66 has support for 3D and is brighter (I think). I haven't seen them side-by-side though.

Very nice and congratulations.
i noticed that you have placed stb over bdp. Is it ok to put such things one over the other. i ask this because i do the same and have been wondering whether it was the right thing to do

Very nice and congratulations.
i noticed that you have placed stb over bdp. Is it ok to put such things one over the other. i ask this because i do the same and have been wondering whether it was the right thing to do

The two issues of concern would be overheating and electrical interference. The former depends on how hot your equipment runs and how good the ventilation in the area is. In my case, only one of the devices is on at any given time, the room is air-conditioned, and the surface area of the Oppo is much larger than the stb, so there is no overheating. Interference is also not a problem.

I'm very happy with it. The factory defaults are not very good, but once the settings are correctly adjusted, the picture is great. I was debating between the HD20 and the HD66 - the former supports 1080p while the latter only does 720p but is much brighter and cheaper. As of now, I'm happy with the decision.

Compared to the HD65, the HD66 has support for 3D and is brighter (I think). I haven't seen them side-by-side though.

Thanks for the info.

The two issues of concern would be overheating and electrical interference. The former depends on how hot your equipment runs and how good the ventilation in the area is. In my case, only one of the devices is on at any given time, the room is air-conditioned, and the surface area of the Oppo is much larger than the stb, so there is no overheating. Interference is also not a problem.

That was what I had thought as well. Thanks for clarifying.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back