My system simplified

Hi Ajay 124

The new Esoteric K03 will be really good. It uses the AKM 32 bit chips. The treble should be gorgeous. You will really enjoy it for western classical.

I chose the X03 SE because it uses the Burr Brown 1704 chips which IMO are more suited for mainstream music.

Alternatively if budget does not permit, look at the Esoteric X05. Its probably the most organic sounding in the Esoteric range. The best part about Esoteric is that whichever model you buy, you are assured of a great transport.

Since i had owned an Esoteric, i was considering other models. Namely the Cary 306 Pro and the Accuphase D600 but i finally settled for the X03SE. To my ears, the Esoteric just sounded more natural.

Hi Arj

The X03 SE and X05 does not have digital inputs. The K03 has digital inputs. The K03 should be really good. I think its being launched this month. Pricing i believe is $ 10000.

Hey Thanks Prem.. Good info to have.
Have you compared a dCS with esoteric (same range) ? what is you take from the sound philosophy considering the dCS also uses the VRDS mechanism ?

Hi Arj

The DCS Scarlatti is very very good. But i have not heard the Esoteric P01 D01. But i would think the Scarlatti should be better. DCS starts singing only once you have the master clock and the upsampler.

In the sub $20000 range i prefer the Esoteric to the DCS in almost all respects. I definitely prefer the single box Esoteric to the single box DCS.

Hi

I have simplified my system

Esoteric X03SE cd/sacd player
Rethm SET amp with separate power supply
Rethm Saadhana speakers

Cabling, including power cables, is Acoustic System Liveline and room treatment is Acoustic System Resonators. I am awaiting my new equipment rack from Rethm. It should be with me by end of this week.

That's simple living..Please post pictures of the equipement and the rack for us to drool....

.. a Lenco L75 modded.

I completely missed this one ! Are you planning the PTP4 based plinths ?
I loved the slate based plinths..they are tempting..especially with a rega arms and a denon 103 ;)

Hi Arj

Yes sir. Not immediately but sometime in the near future. Lets see how it works out.

Back