My system simplified

prem

Hi

I have simplified my system

Esoteric X03SE cd/sacd player
Rethm SET amp with separate power supply
Rethm Saadhana speakers

Cabling, including power cables, is Acoustic System Liveline and room treatment is Acoustic System Resonators. I am awaiting my new equipment rack from Rethm. It should be with me by end of this week.

Short,Simple and Superb.
I admire your restraint in not cluttering up your system with a lot of unnecessary stuff.What you have,is of course impeccable.

Thanks Ajay 124. My present system will hopefully see me through the next year or so while i decide whether to go complete computer audio. Also am toying whether i should get into some DIY vinyl stuff. Probably a Technics SL 1200 with a Rega or a SME arm and a DL 103 cartridge or a Lenco L75 modded.

Premji
Wanted to ask you one thing since long
Is the Rethm amp you use is specially made for you? Because till date there is no mention of the product on the website of the company

trust the weight handling issues with design and material on the rethm rack have been taken care of by now.

appreciate the minimalist approach. guess this is only possible after years of critical listening and exposure to a large no. of permutations. i agree this is the best case of what things should boil down to for most.

Hi Hifiashok

Rethm has a new design for its rack. Weight issues have been completely taken care of.

i must admit, the amp. aesthetics are just awesome!! however, can't say the same for the speakers (IMHO, of course). also, the pix do not give an idea of what the complete rack could look like (unless the assembled rack is the one in the pix above).

thanx for sharing!

go to rethm
click on Products and then Component Isolation and then on the Taalam Rack,.
I loved his design, its very clever and ingenious.
..wish I could love the price too :sad:

Short and sweet Prem,

Simple is better in the long run I believe. Tends to force one to weed out the extraneous and truly focus on and enjoy what one truly loves.

I can see vinyl is still under your skin ;) :)

regards

Thanks Ajay 124. My present system will hopefully see me through the next year or so while i decide whether to go complete computer audio. Also am toying whether i should get into some DIY vinyl stuff. Probably a Technics SL 1200 with a Rega or a SME arm and a DL 103 cartridge or a Lenco L75 modded.

Here Suri, right under his skin, you can check in but you can never leave hehe. :D

regards

Hi Arj

The new rack is not on the website as yet. It uses a new design. In fact Rethm has 2 racks now, both new designs.

Here Suri, right under his skin, you can check in but you can never leave hehe. :D

regards

Prem did check in and leave,because he felt the Esoteric was enough.Let's see if he re-enters again.
Personally,I would love to have a vinyl rig and about a 100 records.20 Rock.10 Soul.30 Jazz.50 Western Classical.
But I don't have the stamina or the inclination to invest in a new/old? format.I don't even feel like taking the step of ripping my cd's and buying a Dac,because I am used to browsing and then selecting a CD,opening the jewel case or box,ejecting the (noisy) front loading tray.Ah!When will I have a super silent,'hushed' front loader?Or maybe next time I will opt for a manual top loader.
To each his own hotel california.Or as I prefer it hotel europa:)

Last edited:
Hi Hifiashok

The assembled rack is not in the picture. Only the shelf is. Its a modular design. Once i get it will post some pictures.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back