My Tatasky stb hardware or software issue, not able to watch recorded shows

fsmobilez

The problem with my tatasky box is that i cant watch reordered shows once hard disk is full upto 65% and 35% free,

in this case when i watch recorded programme it jumps to live channel after few minutes.

i come to know that he can watch shows even with 6% free space left.

someone confirm me is my box faulty or i have to do settings.

Im done with format and master reset option as well.

Will b extremely thankful if some one help me.

Dear All Experts, I need your help. Would u Pls concentrate on my issue? Before today, I was also able to play all my recorded programs from my tatasky hd+. but today I just remove my hdd , add it to my pc and just transfer a movie file to the hdd and then again finally add the hdd to the tatasky. Thats the case, after that I can't watch my recorded programs from the hdd , it shows an warning !!!!! Do you want to stop or Rewind your current playback? But not playing.

One more thing, after that I have recorded some other programs. But all these recorded programs (that were recoded after this issue) are playing fine.

What may be solution to my problem actually? Pls help me out.
Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Sounds like DRM (iPod and the rest of the Apple family have the same issue). It will recognize as a new device and will not let you access the old content.

Try contacting helpdesk... they might help.

Dear All Experts, I need your help. Would u Pls concentrate on my issue? Before today, I was also able to play all my recorded programs from my tatasky hd+. but today I just remove my hdd , add it to my pc and just transfer a movie file to the hdd and then again finally add the hdd to the tatasky. Thats the case, after that I can't watch my recorded programs from the hdd , it shows an warning !!!!! Do you want to stop or Rewind your current playback? But not playing.

One more thing, after that I have recorded some other programs. But all these recorded programs (that were recoded after this issue) are playing fine.

What may be solution to my problem actually? Pls help me out.
Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Were you able to access the file you transferred? Because by common logic you won't be able to.. It would be encrypted or in some other format.. Anyways.. Formatting and starting over would be my plan if I was you..

I just again add my TS HDD to my pc and removed the previously added files and then again place to tatasky HD+. But the warning still remains. "Do you want to stop or Rewind your current playback?
If I stop, then it goes to live channel. and if I Rewind, it rewinds a 3 hours movie within few seconds and nothing happens.
I have also done Master Reset to come out the problem but still the problem remains.

Somebodies are advising to format. But How to Format? pls tell me the procedures. If I format, then won't I loss my all recordings?

I just again add my TS HDD to my pc and removed the previously added files and then again place to tatasky HD+. But the warning still remains. "Do you want to stop or Rewind your current playback?
If I stop, then it goes to live channel. and if I Rewind, it rewinds a 3 hours movie within few seconds and nothing happens.
I have also done Master Reset to come out the problem but still the problem remains.

Somebodies are advising to format. But How to Format? pls tell me the procedures. If I format, then won't I loss my all recordings?

if you do this...

Let me google that for you

you'll bump into one of these!

Tata SKY+ New DVR STB split wide open (The inside with photos :) - Page 9 - Tata Sky DTH - India Broadband Forum

Maybe try deleting the file you added...?

yap!!! I have already deleted. But still the problem exists.

Can I transfer all old recordings to another HDD to play or covert to mkv or MP4 to play in Samsung LCD LA46D550 TV?

Last edited:
yap!!! I have already deleted. But still the problem exists.

Can I transfer all old recordings to another HDD to play or covert to mkv or MP4 to play in Samsung LCD LA46D550 TV?

If its DRM protected (I mean the contents of the HDD) its unlikely you can copy or even access them. Not sure though what DRM TS uses, so give it a try and keep us posted.

Can the problem be solved by upgrading the software version? My Tatasky software was last updated on July 10, 2013. Can any one tell me how to update the software to the latest one?

Sounds like DRM (iPod and the rest of the Apple family have the same issue). It will recognize as a new device and will not let you access the old content.

Try contacting helpdesk... they might help.

But it seems to me that the helpdesk and the live chat agents are not so expert and technically sound. they just advise me to have an installer visit

Dear all Experts,
Thank u very much for having your time on my issue. I'm not getting any way out to my tatasky old recordings to be retrieved. I have to retrieve my tatasky old recordings any how. pls help me out. I contacted tatasky live chat agent but they couldn't give me any solution. They just advise me to have an installer visit. Can an installer visit solve my problem? I just want to replace my 500 gb hdd with a 2 tb hdd. I have also clonned my old hdd to the new larger one, but the prob is the new 2tb hdd now shows the same as old one i.e. 465 gb.

pls help me out by giving all your wise advices.

Thanx in advance once again.

Regards,
Azad

Dear All Experts, I need all your wise ideas and kind consultancy on my problem..OK, I don't need to copy the recorded files. I have replaced another 2 TB HDD and it is working fine. I just clonned the old 500GB HDD to 2TB New HDD. The old recordings has also been transferred to the new 2TB HDD but these aren't accessible. All the files are displayed in the list of recordings and occupying the storage space but not playing. Just the Same previous warning, Do you want to stop current playback or Rewind? If I stop, it goes to live channel within a few seconds. If I rewind it just goes to 00.00 in few seconds and nothing more happens.

I just want to make my problem more clear to all experts. I do have another STB named OpenBox HD for FTA channels viewing. I was intending to replace my old 500gb hdd by a 2 tb new hdd transferring the old recordings to the new hdd. Thats I was trying to use my OLD 500 gb tatasky HDD as a usb drive to my openBox. I connected my Tatasky HDD to my openBox and tried to record a program. The program just tried to be written on the TS HDD but couldn't and only the shortcut/icon of the program was written on the TS HDD. I also deleted that shorcut from my old ts hdd but still I couldn't access my old recordings.

Pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! solve me out.

Just copy all the recordings from stock TS+ HD HDD to a Linux machine. It might read those files, else you might have to convert them. Then connect that HDD to TS+ HD and format it.

I don't think that 2TB HDD or any other HDD will work properly. Tata(Sky uses Cisco(NDS) solutions for encryption and DRM. It is super tough to crack that encryption.

BTW when you have something as powerful as OpenBox, why all these troubles?. Just do some research about real capabilities of your STB. You can get all those paid channels from DTHs in it.

And for god's sake don't speak with TS CC about this. What your are doing now voids warranty and they have every right to file a case against you for copying content (Piracy). Their parent company SKY UK has a notorious reputation for getting hackers arrested.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back