My third build: Swope MTM version by Mr. Paul Carmody

I have also bought an Endico PARA12TRP. I am researching bits. For my build I need chamfer, round over and flush trim bits.

What is the company name of the bits you used? Any tips , warnings that you might have.
How difficult was it to manage chamfering HDF? I will be chamfering 18mm thickness. Looks like its HDHMR at the moment.

Bits I have sourced from local stores. Brands like Jon Bandari, Bullet, are cheap and don't have much life, but this will do for an occasional wood worker like me.
Chamfering and round over will be easy, just check the bearing is flushed in the bottom end or you will get a slot.
The most difficult part is speaker cutout which you have to do multiple rounds and HDF is pretty hard, you will ruin the bit in a couple of cutouts. Invest in the bottom cleaning bit, the rest of the bits like chamfer, round over, and flush trim cheap ones will do.

If you have a jigsaw it doesn't matter.

Thanks
Jean

Hello Everyone,

As to the next step in DIY hobby, I have decided to build 2-way bookshelf. I started searching for a proven design, most difficult thing is to get the parts used in the proven designs which is very difficult in Indian market. First I decided to go for parts express C-Note, suddenly waveguide tweeter gone out of stock in India, which put fullstop in that plan. Later after extensive searching I found Swope MTM is the design to go as my next project (parts available in India:D).

(Initially my plan was to go for TM version of the Swope which is simple and good for a beginner like me, After ordering and post receiving all the parts somehow I decide to go for MTM version and take the challenge. So bought another pair of drivers and its related crossover components.
I am planning to sell the unwanted unused crossover components in a separate sale thread, please look at it as well...

So now it is Swope MTM

I didn't find any thread for the same, but if someone has tried it before please give your valuable feedback...

I am attaching related documents and links for the design.

1. Direct link to designer page here
2. Build thread by Designer her
Thats a neat build you have done. Are Hivi m5a discontinued because I couldn't find them anywhere?

Hello Everyone,

Finally, I could take some time to finish my speakers, I used Virgo 0.8 mm Laminate and it looks good. I tried to match the pattern from side to side and it came good. If you see in detail there will be minor amateur mistakes but overall I am happy with the finish.
Looks so amazing ......
Make proper sound teat and upload on YT

I am also making MTM bookshelf speakers with peerless drivers

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back