My Top Ten Albums...

Boondein, you can get it at some good CD shop.
But, Pehchaan is pretty difficult to get. If you find Pehchaan, then please PM me. I am also looking for it.

Yeah sure. I will keep you posted. If I come across then I will pick up a copy for you too and mail it to you. Just a bit busy right now with traveling/shopping a lot. Got quite a few from my family and my wife's side who are going to the U.S. so busy with the visas, paperwork and shopping. Will definitely keep you posted if I do manage to pick up the CDs.

Hi Hiten...

From the tracks you've mentioned I've heard/have the following...

Souxsie & The Banshees - Dear Prudence
Talking Heads - Burning Down The House
Don Henley - All She Wants To Do Is Dance. BTW check out The Boys Of Summber if you have not. Another great track from Don Henley.
John Farnham - You're The Voice, this was an anthem for me and my friends when growing up, along with Queen's We Will Rock You.
Colour me Bad - All For Love, but I even love their Sex You Up...
Art Company - Suzzana, just love this song so much. Too bad I only have it on tape. Need to order on Amazon...
Bob Segar - Shakedown, yeah a great track, but Axel F is my favorite from the Beverly Hills Cop soundtrack, coming to the movie the first was so good, the 3rd so bad.
Cars - You Might Think, their Drive is one of my all time favorites.
Man without Hats - Safety Dance, truly a great track.
John Waite - Missing You, love this one too.
Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
Steve Winwood - Roll With It, but I love the song Back In The High Life Again more.
Wang Chung - Everybody Have Fun Tonight

Yet to hear...
Big Country - In a big country
Rick james - Give It To Me Baby
Wang Chung - Let's Go

Well known artists but not so popular songs, but i like them
Stevie Wonder - Overjoyed. I like most of Stevie Wonder, but standout trakcs are the golden oldies like Part-Time Lover, I Just Called To Say I Love You.
David Bowie - Let's Dance
Paul Simon -- Boy In The Bubble. I love most of Paul Simon's work, well at least up to the Graceland album. I really love his old songs in partnership with Art Garfunkel, you know from the group Simon & Garfunkel.
Robert Plant - 29 Palms. I think I do have all of Led Zepellin's and Robert Plant's and Jimmy Page's work.
Sade - No Ordinary Love, very truly one of the best voices. Do check out Smooth Operator if you have not. Amazing track and really great vocals.

I will post my list (at least a partial one) of my favorite tracks soon...

hello
This is very informative thread, from top ten albums to finding new artists is just great. Here is my list of some "one song wonder artists" though they may not be super stars I like these songs
Souxsie & The Banshees -- Dear Prudence (Good Voice)
Talking Heads -- Burning Down the house (Absolutely meaningless lyrics but great music)
Don Henley -- All she wants to do is dance (Good voice, Good Dance Number)
John Farnham -- You'r the voice (Good inspirational song)
Colour me Bad -- All for love (beautiful Melodious song)
Art Company -- Suzzana
Big Country -- In a big country
Bob Segar -- Shakedown (very racy song movie - Beverly hills cop)
Cars -- You might think
Man without hats -- Safety Dance
John Waite - Missing You
Rick james - Give It To Me Baby
Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
Steve Winwood - Roll With It
Wang Chung - Everybody Have Fun Tonight
Wang Chung - Let's Go

Well known artists but not so popular songs, but i like them
Stevie Wonder -- Overjoyed (Great voice, great music video)
David Bowie -- Lets dance
Paul Simon -- Boy in the bubble
Robert Plant -- 29 palms
Sade -- No ordinary love (Love her voice)

Hope you enjoy them too.

Hai All:
Thanks to Moserw for rekindling our passion for music and to share the same with our friends it is still more joyful and exciting.
I am giving the following 15 western music hits which are evergreen in all our minds:
1. ABBA....................:Super Truper.
2. Boney-M...............:Rivers of Babylon
3. Carpenters............:Top of The World
4. BeeGees...............:Toomuch Heaven
5. Rod Steward..........:Every Beat of My Heart
6. Elton John.............:Sacrifice
7. Eric Clapton...........:Tears In Heaven
8. Led Zeppalin..........:Stairway to Heaven
9. Jannet Jackson.......:Again
10.Andrea Bocelli........:Its Time to Say Goodbye

Happy Listning to All,
Raslibi

Yeah sure. I will keep you posted. If I come across then I will pick up a copy for you too and mail it to you. Just a bit busy right now with traveling/shopping a lot. Got quite a few from my family and my wife's side who are going to the U.S. so busy with the visas, paperwork and shopping. Will definitely keep you posted if I do manage to pick up the CDs.

Thanks for your generosity. I hope you find one CD for me.

Hi Moserw
sorry for late reply. Yes boys of summer, Smooth Operator, drive are superhit songs. Cant wait for your list.
Previously there was mention of Dave Brubeck jazz music. I have heard his music. though I dont understand jazz or finer and technical details of classical music. I like his work. Dave Brubeck is life time acheivement award winner and his "take five" is a true classic.
keep posting music/artist/songs you like. I am sure all are benefiting from this thread
regards

First of all my apologies to everyone for such a long delay in replying, but I was (rather still am) traveling quite a bit and hence the delay. The worst thing about travel is being away from your entire music collection. BTW I got an ASUS Eee PC and these mini/pocket PCs come with 160 GB HDDs so I loaded quite a bit of my favorite music before I left and which thankfully is serving me.

@raslibi - Great taste in music. I practically grew up with Abba, Boney M., Carpenters, and Bee Gees. I have almost all the albums from the first 3 groups and coming to Bee Gees their Saturday Night Fever score is the best ever. Boney M. is a particular favorite especially the foot tapping tracks like Daddy Cool, Rasputin, Ma Baker which I listen to very often even now. Have you heard Rod Stewart's version of Have I Told You Lately? Its a great love song. I love Elton John especially his collaboration with Bernie Taupin. Sacrifice is indeed a great song. Another favorite of mine from Elton John is Crocodile Rock. Eric Clapton I love for his extreme guitaring and predictably his tracks like Layla, I Shot The Sheriff are a favorite with me. Do check out Eric Clapton's Wonderful Tonight, its one of the best ballads/love songs ever. I have all albums from Led Zepellin too. Janet Jackson I've not followed too much recently, but have her old albums like Rhythm Nation etc.

I've not heard Andrea Bocelli. I will start with a greatest hits/best of selection of him unless any specific album to start off with guys?

Hai All:
Thanks to Moserw for rekindling our passion for music and to share the same with our

friends it is still more joyful and exciting.
I am giving the following 15 western music hits which are evergreen in all our minds:
1. ABBA....................:Super Truper.
2. Boney-M...............:Rivers of Babylon
3. Carpenters............:Top of The World
4. BeeGees...............:Toomuch Heaven
5. Rod Steward..........:Every Beat of My Heart
6. Elton John.............:Sacrifice
7. Eric Clapton...........:Tears In Heaven
8. Led Zeppalin..........:Stairway to Heaven
9. Jannet Jackson.......:Again
10.Andrea Bocelli........:Its Time to Say Goodbye

Happy Listning to All,
Raslibi

Hi Hiten,

Thanks and my apologies for not updating in the recent past. I'm not too much into jazz. One jazz album that I have and love is Miles Davis - Kind of Blue, its an excellent album, but again not something I can hear all the time, but at special times I do give it a run. I will check out Dave Brubeck, can you or anyone recommend any specific album/compilation here.

Hi Moserw
sorry for late reply. Yes boys of summer, Smooth Operator, drive are superhit songs. Cant wait for your list.
Previously there was mention of Dave Brubeck jazz music. I have heard his music. though I dont understand jazz or finer and technical details of classical music. I like his work. Dave Brubeck is life time acheivement award winner and his "take five" is a true classic.
keep posting music/artist/songs you like. I am sure all are benefiting from this thread
regards

Hi All,

As posted elsewhere I did get The Animals - Best Of The Animals and really loved it. I've gone ahead and ordered more of their albums. Any specific album of the The Animals that is a must have?

I also got Diana Krall - The Very Best Of and Diana Krall - The Look Of Love especially for the track Besame Mucho which I loved, but I did not enjoy Ms. Krall very much. Her vocals are good, but I'm not too much into jazz and I guess that was what I did not enjoy too much here. Unless of course I started with the wrong album so if any other album of Ms. Krall's that I should check out please let me know.

41NBXYMGBFL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow - Stranger In Us All. Highly recommended album. The guitar dominates and sings on its own. Very much underrated, but a great album and a must have.

hmmm good one. have you heard the blackmore's night...teamed up with his wife. I like that too.

Hi
Good to see new additions in this thread. Dave Brubecks Greatest hits is very good album (I had a cassette) Take Five, Camptown Races, Unsquare Dance and Blue Rondo are my favourites.
Few Months back I saw programme on Discovery Channel about Irish Folk Musicians group ""Four Men and a dog" their song "lucy Campbell" in "Wallop the spot" album is also very good but doesn't make sense to buy whole album for one song. Very energetic music first part is violin at the end of the song drums are just superb.
regards

51S6TKJDQKL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

413FMeqwj0L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Roy Orbison - The Essential & Creedence Clearwater Revival - Chronicle, Vol. 1: The 20 Greatest Hits.

Two albums that are a must have in any collection. Both are comprehensive collections and feature all the top hits.

Hi Hiten,

Have ordered Take Five to start off with.

Hi
Good to see new additions in this thread. Dave Brubecks Greatest hits is very good album (I had a cassette) Take Five, Camptown Races, Unsquare Dance and Blue Rondo are my favourites.
Few Months back I saw programme on Discovery Channel about Irish Folk Musicians group ""Four Men and a dog" their song "lucy Campbell" in "Wallop the spot" album is also very good but doesn't make sense to buy whole album for one song. Very energetic music first part is violin at the end of the song drums are just superb.
regards

Hi Moserw
I listened to samples of Roy Orbison the essentials at amazon.com. Yes indeed a very good album. On first listen I liked following tracks, Oooby Dooby, Rock House, Only the lonely, Walk on, Running scared, Coming Home and She is a mystry to me (Absolutely best) Only knowledge I had about roy orbison was 'Pretty woman'. Thanks very much for recommending. WIll buy it when I go to Mumbai. (Yet to hear ccr)
Speaking of Rock and Roll You must have heard Bill Haley and the comets. They are absolutely fantastic. If possible listen to following tracks
--Rock around the clock
--Shake Rattle and roll
--Thirteen Women
--Rip it up
--See you later aligator
--You hit the wrong note billy goat
do tell me your impressions of dave brubeck I think 'Time out' album doesn't have "unsquare dance" no.
Thanks again keep posting such albums

Hi Hiten,

I have this album, but nothing else from Bill Haley. I do love this album though.

41noiBzUn2L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Roy Orbison is very, very, good (great is a better word to describe him). He had one of the best voices ever in the music industry. I actually prefer the guitar above all in terms of music listening and that's why I prefer rock music. But in terms of vocals I would have to choose him.

I'm sure you will love CCR too.

Hi Moserw
I listened to samples of Roy Orbison the essentials at amazon.com. Yes indeed a very good album. On first listen I liked following tracks, Oooby Dooby, Rock House, Only the lonely, Walk on, Running scared, Coming Home and She is a mystry to me (Absolutely best) Only knowledge I had about roy orbison was 'Pretty woman'. Thanks very much for recommending. WIll buy it when I go to Mumbai. (Yet to hear ccr)
Speaking of Rock and Roll You must have heard Bill Haley and the comets. They are absolutely fantastic. If possible listen to following tracks
--Rock around the clock
--Shake Rattle and roll
--Thirteen Women
--Rip it up
--See you later aligator
--You hit the wrong note billy goat
do tell me your impressions of dave brubeck I think 'Time out' album doesn't have "unsquare dance" no.
Thanks again keep posting such albums

71df228348a0297dad414110.L._AA240_.jpg

41tZfDurjeL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Chronicle, Vol. 1: The 20 Greatest Hits
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Chronicle Vol. 2: Twenty Great CCR Classics

Between these two albums you will have a comprehensive collection of CCR hits and great music to boot. What's incredible is that CCR made only 7 albums and to get 40 top hits for the compilation albums mentioned above only speaks volumes of the group and the great music they made. Absolutely and essentially recommended stuff...

My top 10 keep changing. Currently it is:

ANY CREED ALBUM
Foo Fighters-Echoes Silence Patience And Grace
GreenDay-American Idiot
Linkin Park-Minutes To Midnight
Smashing Pumpkins-Zeitgeist
The Wallflowers-Bringing Down The Horse
Creedence Clearwater Revival-36 Greatest Hits
Don Williams-Anthology
Motley Crue-Greatest Hits
Ratt-Out Of The Cellar

Hi Moserw
Heard CCR, liked the voice of the singer (dont know his name) but comparatively I liked Roy orbison. Amazing voice and music.Thanks for recommedation. will explore other artists in "right now I am listening to" thread
BTW You have a great collection. Nice to know you like Donna Summers.
Regards
Hiten

Thanks Keith for sharing.

Lots of grunge from the looks of it. Green Day is my favorite too. And Motley Crue way back in their early days. I've heard Foo Fighters and Linkin Park too, but not much these days. How about Soundgarden and Goo Goo Dolls? The Goo Goo Dolls - Iris is a personal favorite with me. One of the earliest bands that was a huge favorite with me was Pearl Jam in the early 1990s.

CCR are legends and I've practically all their albums.

My top 10 keep changing. Currently it is:

ANY CREED ALBUM
Foo Fighters-Echoes Silence Patience And Grace
GreenDay-American Idiot
Linkin Park-Minutes To Midnight
Smashing Pumpkins-Zeitgeist
The Wallflowers-Bringing Down The Horse
Creedence Clearwater Revival-36 Greatest Hits
Don Williams-Anthology
Motley Crue-Greatest Hits
Ratt-Out Of The Cellar

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back