My Vinyl Wish List

My list -
Anything By Jim Reeves, Dottie West, Mantovani, Tony Mottola, Caravelli, Enoch Light, Anything in Phase 4 Stereo, Anthony Ventura, Nat King Cole, The Temptations, The Manhattans, The platters ... It's a long list. The more I look at the lot that shafic just sold, the more depressing it gets.

I don't see anybody discuss these artists.

I might have Mantovani and Jim Reeves...will check and ping you by weekend...

Looking for Christopher Cross and Magic of BoneyM (The only album I don't have from BoneyM) albums

I have one Christopher cross LP, since my school days.. Though i don't spin it more often now, but I cherish it with nostalgia..

See if this is the LP you are looking for..

Christopher_cross.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Yup...Prog is my mainstay.

Would prefer an original pressing but if I cannot get one, I'll settle for a reissue...I have Giant's Octopus, Free Hand, Interview and 1 more that I forget on Vinyl. I have the original release of Glass House on CD (one with art on the jewel case) :licklips:

PT albums are hard to come by, might have to sell my kidney to get one...From the ones you listed, I have the last two. Got the Floyd titles as well but not sure what pressings.

:cheers:

You have the original pressing of Octopus! Wow! That's pretty rare! Even that's on my wishlist actually. Where did you get the Gentle Giant LPs from? Ebay/Discogs? And what about Mahavishnu and Shakti..you have an extra copy or just the one?

Add me here.. Im for looking out for the Porcupine tree. .. If you could get hold of one,, pls make it as 2..

Looks like P.T album has become a collectors item now.

I have Fear of a Blank Planet ;) By the way, rumour has it that sometime next year there will be a reissue of Deadwing. Fingers crossed :licklips:

I have one Christopher cross LP, since my school days.. Though i don't spin it more often now, but I cherish it with nostalgia..

See if this is the LP you are looking for..

Christopher_cross.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Exactly the same one I am looking...:licklips: Recently I got one from a frined... unfortunately inside some other lp.:sad:

My list -
Anything By Jim Reeves, Dottie West, Mantovani, Tony Mottola, Caravelli, Enoch Light, Anything in Phase 4 Stereo, Anthony Ventura, Nat King Cole, The Temptations, The Manhattans, The platters ... It's a long list. The more I look at the lot that shafic just sold, the more depressing it gets.

I've got multiple vinyl lots I will be putting for sale soon that include many of these artists and more. Still going through pricing and fixing the lots. Will try to post in the For Sale forum soon. Keep an eye out!

heh, I took a leave today and went to Moore market today. I think most of my wish list is crossed off. I was shocked by the sheer variety on display!
chennai guys might want to take a peek:
Buying Vinyl Records at Moore Market, Chennai - a set on Flickr
(not mine)

Did you find any Hindi LPs available if so, I am going there tomorrow or maybe Sunday (though I hear that Sundays the market is closed). :(

What is the general trend/cost of the Vinyls that you get ? Just to get a fair idea of how much to start the bargaining process with ? :D

It is really nice thread where everybody is putting up their own wish list.

I am looking for the following.

1. Aandhi
2. Namakhalal
3. Pyar Jhukta Nahin
4. Kudrat
5. Agar tum na hote
6. Sautan
7. Kalaakar
8. Naseeb
9. Abhimaan
10. Ijazaat
11. Zameen aasman

Well to conclude I would like to state that I have many doubles & I can exchange for the above. I am putting a few, rest will update later.

1. Sargam
2. Heera Panna
3. Mother India
4. Qurbani (Dialogue set)
5. Laila Majnu (Dialogue set)
6. Basera
7. Phir wahi raat
8. Mujrim
9. Guru

The more I look at the lot that shafic just sold, the more depressing it gets.

Its very much true.. He once sold a turntable so low with a price tag, with Shure cartridge, which the price tag of the entire lot was less than the price of cart itself.. My bid was rejected by him, for so I was late, and he wanted to stick to his principles.

But then, later when I talked to him, he has his own concern that, the buyer was not even bothered to compliment him or pick his call, and regretted for not shipping it to me.. An amazing person with an open heart..

Shafic is a man of passion & high spirits.. He is not in to business to make money, which I could figure out from the first minute of our first call.. If you ask him something, he would give it free, provided if you like it... This is what I figured it out for the long first time call I had with him few weeks ago on a Saturday morning.

I really wondered, how he was selling that lot for Rs.110, which as expected, got sold like a hot cake.. He should have priced it at least Rs.400.. I only know, how much I paid recently for picking one single warped LP for Rs.2,200.

I think Ruben has shared a wonderful experience with him. After talking with him, I thought let me first gift him with some of his choice of LPs, and then ask him to gift me back with my choice.

A wonderful person, Shafic, indeed he is...

My list -

Hi, I just read your post.What exactly are getting depressed about?

My wish list.

Any albums or any pressing or V.Bad++ condition is fine with me..

Pink Floyd
Roger Waters
Rush
Deep Purple
Beatles
Porcupine Tree
Sound of Music/ Mary Poppins ( I have 4 ,yet looking for a fine pressing)
U2
Bob Dylan
Don McLean
Byrds
Doris Day
Johnny Cash
Freddie Fender
Chalie Pride
Harry Belafonte (esp, live at Carnegie hall) I have 2, looking for a virgin LP
Bobby (Hindi)
Veera Pandia katta bomman & Manohara MOVIE TAMIL (VG++)
Alayigal Ooivathillai (I.R Tamil)
Vande Madaram (A.R.R)

the missed opportunity. I think i got my compensation at moore market today :yahoo: so its okay

Did you buy it from the guy on the ground floor, whos shop is on the left entrance.. He is a reasonable stuff with huge collections.

Or if you climbed up 2 floors, to the repair shop on the left extreme with some antiques... He sells gold plated LPs.

My wish list.

Any albums or any pressing or V.Bad++ condition is fine with me..

Pink Floyd
Roger Waters
Rush
Deep Purple
Beatles
Porcupine Tree
Sound of Music/ Mary Poppins ( I have 4 ,yet looking for a fine pressing)
U2
Bob Dylan
Don McLean
Byrds
Doris Day
Johnny Cash
Freddie Fender
Chalie Pride
Harry Belafonte (esp, live at Carnegie hall) I have 2, looking for a virgin LP
Bobby (Hindi)
Veera Pandia katta bomman & Manohara MOVIE TAMIL (VG++)
Alayigal Ooivathillai (I.R Tamil)
Vande Madaram (A.R.R)

Sir, i would like to give you BOBBY as a B'day gift.

Sorry! BOBBY LP:lol:

Thanks Safic.

Though I cant even utter a proper sentence in Hindi, this BOBBY LP was so much dear to me, for we grew up with this, and cherished when my father brought it home 30 years ago.

I have one.. But it was so scratched by my siblings as kids, that too played with the heavy weight ceramic carts... I would love to have one, and I cant wait that long till my birthday..

I'm eyeing on your tubes..

I need to have a long talk with you..

Thanks Safic.

Though I cant even utter a proper sentence in Hindi, this BOBBY LP was so much dear to me, for we grew up with this, and cherished when my father brought it home 30 years ago.

I have one.. But it was so scratched by my siblings as kids, that too played with the heavy weight ceramic carts... I would love to have one, and I cant wait that long till my birthday..

I'm eyeing on your tubes..

I need to have a long talk with you..

Same, when i was around 8 years old ( in Pazayamkottai), Bobby songs were very popular. It was heard at marriage functions. Afterwards when i was studying at Chennai (7th STD) i got a book of Bobby movie story from my bro, translated into Tamil ( bindings from 'KUMUDHAM' weekly), i was mesmerized by that story :eek:hyeah:

My wish list:

1. An Islamic album by Nagoor Hanifa, with music by "Pavalar Brothers" 1974
2. Veer Zaara - 3 LP set
3. Gentleman (Tamil) LP - I have one but with some scratches.

heh, I took a leave today and went to Moore market today. I think most of my wish list is crossed off. I was shocked by the sheer variety on display!
chennai guys might want to take a peek:
Buying Vinyl Records at Moore Market, Chennai - a set on Flickr
(not mine)
Hey Dude,

What is the link you have given, dropped few drops of Tears looking at the snaps.What a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig Collection. Very happy to see that these LP are been preserved or saved almost 20-30 Years,Am not bothering about the condition, Atleast the person who was owning should have kept lot of love towards them to sell it to someone instead or throwing them in waste Bin.

Actually i was worried that, How could i afford LP's which is sold in thousands and hundreds and what is sure that i would get at least few of my favorite LP's.Now the information and the Pictures just wiped off my fear and i would be happy to move ahead.

Probably, I could visit chennai Once in a week atlest to get few LP and admire hundres\thousands of LP and plan for Next weeks.

I know the status of Cassettes now, they are been picked for Measuring the Weight.I still remember, Some of my relation thrown the cassette box in dust bin thinking that they were not used by us(While cleaning and whitewashing the house and accidentally i was not there)

Gold and Diamonds would be in Mud and dust, is that the reason they say OLD IS GOLD.

Thanks for the Link and the information. I thought there could be few shops and some hundreds of LP's which might not been the popular once and we need to spend a lot of time to search. But this really good part to be shared.

Finally No words to say am completely flying ,as there are FEW SELLERS who Knows the value of the Lp's and Still there are lot of Music Fans out who love the Analog Era and just dont miss them even in this Digital period.

Great and Hats off to all Vinyl Lovers

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back