My Vinyl Wish List

Whats the market price of Cliff Richards shellac? Is that a collectors item..

I have a few Cliff 78s ( and they sell for about Rs 100-300 here in Bombay), but they're not, to my knowledge, of 'collectible' value. Cliff was/is hugely popular in most of the non-US world, and sold in millions, which might explain the absence of rarity items. I could be wrong about the 78s tho' - one might need to check on eBay or popsike. In any case, there is no buzz among local dealers about Cliff 78s. Oddly enough, the same holds good for Elvis 78s made in India, though I've yet to spot one of those.

Hi friends

Since i could get all the LP's after posting my wish list here, Thank's for the Forum and The Members, so wish to try my luck again :)

1. Sangam

Regarda

Tanoj

The flawed shots add to the fun, hanging from the train windows, walking on the roof, the little train models running up the incline, the engine exploding at the end of the movie and even funnier, the paint work on the engine (a regular diesel) was not brand new.

Sorry all this is a bit off topic but can't help share some info. I actually read up some info in old filmfare magazines, this movie was the talk of the town in those days, it was released in 70mm and they had the guys from hollywood come down to do the special effects. They actually had shot a lot of the shots at actual railway stations with live props. They even had to dedicated engines and a whole train (new from the works) dedicated for shooting. They even set fire to a few compartments for some shots (which I later read that the railways sued for damages that were due but not paid). The guys moving from compartment to compartment by hanging on the windows was shot using platforms which they actually walked on with fans blowing breeze at them :) big cast, intricate story, very period-based, shows typical Indian lifestyle of the late 1970s (interesting shots of Delhi of those times which included Connaught Place place and of course, the famous vrindavan gardens was also included). Great memories!!

Hope I am able to get a playable copy of that record from somewhere.

From my childhood, the recordings that used to be regulars at home where:

Disco Deewane - Nazia Hassan
Boney M in Hindi - Mahendra Kapoor & Nusrat
The Burning Train - RDB
Qurbani - Biddu / Kalyanji Anandji

Then there was Shaan, Zamane Ko Dhikana Hai, Sanam Teri Kasam and Satte Pe Satta

As of today, I dont have any of these LPs but hope to come across them someday. Boney M in Hindi is coming home in the near future, thanks to our lovely forum.

Yes some of the scenes were definitely shot in actual trains and on platforms however, the major portion of the movie was shot on props created in Film City where they built models of compartments to scale ..... this is were the guys running on top and the fires were done. In those days one could just walk into film city unlike today.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back