My Vinyl Wish List

Hi Reubensm,

i would like to give you christmas Gift ( Boney M in English sung by Nusrat and Mahendra Kapoor )

PM me your shipping address

Regards

Tanoj

Wow!! that's a lovely gesture, just saw your note but already replied to your PM. Really appreciate the gesture.

My wishlist of Vinyls would be:-
1. LPs of songs of Jim Reeves, Patsy Cline, Kanan Devi, Suraiyya, Shamshad Begum (have only one), Noorjehan (have only one), Zubaida Khanum, Mehdi Hasan and Elvis Presley
2. Old punjabi film/folk LPs
3. Pakeeza and Pakeeza Rang Birang LPs
4. LPs of Hindi and Bengali songs sung by Geeta Dutt
5. Any Talat ones I don't have

Last edited:
Hi Reubensm,

i would like to give you christmas Gift ( Boney M in English sung by Nusrat and Mahendra Kapoor )

PM me your shipping address

Regards

Tanoj

I see you have been a good boy. For doing that good deed, You are welcome to my copy of Mehbooba.

Don't PM me your shipping address. Just take it :D

It maybe a bit scratched on one side but It should play well in my opinion :)

Last edited:
Wow.... i heard give n take but first time its give to someone and take from some one :lol:

Thats one more reason why i love this forum :clapping:

Regards

Tanoj

Geetanjali (Telugu)
Shiva (Telugu)
Baazigar
Tezaab

They were released on LP ... i didnt knew it :rolleyes:

How is the pressings and SQ ?

pls add to my wish list too

Regards

Tanoj

@Tanoj, i've seen baazigar only once in my friend house but he is not touch with me now so i Cant take photos also :-(

Wow nice to see Tezaab on LP

i wonder how the song ek do teen will sound .... everyone shout Mohini Mohini at the start ... great music

Regards

Tanoj

I would definitely love to have records of
John Coltrane, Gerry Mulligan, Paul Desmond, Jim Hall, and Keith Jarrett to name a few.

Hi

This is my current wish list

abhimaan
kala bazzar
shree 420
blackmail - 1973
Anand
Amar prem
Mehbooba
Tezaab
Eagles : Hotel california
Pink Floyd : Dark side of moon

Regards

Tanoj

When I first started my vinyl collection, I was fascinated by the quality of some of the 60's and 70's instrumental bands like Billy Vaughn, Herb Alpert, Ventures, shadows, Fausto Papetti, James Last, Acker Bilk to name just a few. I always felt that the recording of instrumental records somehow sounded better than many vocal records of that era. Perhaps, the recording engineers could give more prominence to the instruments in instrumental recording when compared to vocal recordings. Just my views.

When I first started my vinyl collection, I was fascinated by the quality of some of the 60's and 70's instrumental bands like Billy Vaughn, Herb Alpert, Ventures, shadows, Fausto Papetti, James Last, Acker Bilk to name just a few. I always felt that the recording of instrumental records somehow sounded better than many vocal records of that era. Perhaps, the recording engineers could give more prominence to the instruments in instrumental recording when compared to vocal recordings. Just my views.

What a coincidence Sir. I was just listening to Billy Vaughn and I agree with your observations :)

Perhaps, the recording engineers could give more prominence to the instruments in instrumental recording when compared to vocal recordings. Just my views.

Its true, and very much true with Indian pressings..

A mint condition Beatles vinyl I picked up recently, was more toned with the Highs and was a kind of irritating to the ears with frills. Paid through nose to buy it, but didn't play more than once.

Its true, and very much true with Indian pressings..

A mint condition Beatles vinyl I picked up recently, was more toned with the Highs and was a kind of irritating to the ears with frills. Paid through nose to buy it, but didn't play more than once.

It is quite depressing when you find mint condition records sounding awful while some old worn out records sound excellent after a thorough cleaning. Buying records is indeed a dicey affair. I sympathize with you on this score

I presume Big Band / Orchestral recordings were treated with more care in those days, especially pre-Beatles, as they were the bigger moneyspinners in the 50s. Pop records in general of that era were rarely of great quality

I always felt that the recording of instrumental records somehow sounded better than many vocal records of that era. Perhaps, the recording engineers could give more prominence to the instruments in instrumental recording when compared to vocal recordings.

Great observation and this is true. There was a lot of focus on the vocal performance, after all it was the singing-star who sold records. Recording Engineers had a greater range when recording instrumental performances. The old concept was for the musicians to back up the vocalist, while the modern context is for the orchestra to provide a platform for a vocalist to sing over.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back