NAD or no NAD

Skasera

Hello
After reviewing a variety of amps for my bookshelf kef q300s, i finally had jotted down to NAD C326. However, it wasn't still solving all my problems, i.e. having the option of a optical in from my airport express (so that i can use it as aN airplay device). For this i was advised to buy a DAC (my budget only permits me to go for a cheap one under $100). Having no such DACs available in the market i would have to buy one blindly.
After seeing the NAD website right after, i stumbled upon the new D3020 Hybrid Digital Amplifier they have come up with. This however solves most of my problems -
USB in for my mac
Bluetooth enable for my iphone
Optical in for my ps3 and airport express
analog in from my tv
and 2.1 channel output

however it doesnt support a passive sub. i am wondering if this could be a better buy since it solves a lot of my problems, but then again it would be a blind buy since its not available in India.
Does anyone have any experience with this particular product?

D 3020 Hybrid Digital Amplifier - NAD Electronics

Hello
After reviewing a variety of amps for my bookshelf kef q300s, i finally had jotted down to NAD C326. However, it wasn't still solving all my problems, i.e. having the option of a optical in from my airport express (so that i can use it as aN airplay device). For this i was advised to buy a DAC (my budget only permits me to go for a cheap one under $100). Having no such DACs available in the market i would have to buy one blindly.
After seeing the NAD website right after, i stumbled upon the new D3020 Hybrid Digital Amplifier they have come up with. This however solves most of my problems -
USB in for my mac
Bluetooth enable for my iphone
Optical in for my ps3 and airport express
analog in from my tv
and 2.1 channel output

however it doesnt support a passive sub. i am wondering if this could be a better buy since it solves a lot of my problems, but then again it would be a blind buy since its not available in India.
Does anyone have any experience with this particular product?

D 3020 Hybrid Digital Amplifier - NAD Electronics

This model NAD D3020 is the revival of the Legendary and Award Winning NAD 3020, one of the most sort after these days for Stereo Setups. I have a NAD 3020i and its simply fantastic.

Now, the NAD D3020 comes with a whole lot of new features and I like the concept of connecting all your devices. In your scenario, fits the bill completely. Try getting a few reviews off the net and Im sure this will live up to its reputation.

BTW, wait till Reuben reads this post. He is even more esthetic than me on NADs and especially the 3020 series.

After reviewing a variety of amps for my bookshelf kef q300s, i finally had jotted down to NAD C326.

Is your selection based on online reviews or actual audition/demo of the amps? If former, I would suggest you to move your lazy ... legs ... and go down to showrooms and get demo. The review and the actual hearing can be day and night different. Please ignore the suggestion if you have demoed and liked them.

I personally didn't like NAD. I found it muddy when auditioned with B&W DM601-S3.

I would rather stay away from the latest NAD's. The older NAD's are very good. The old 3020 is the best out of the Nad design. C 320, C 300, C 304, C 306 are few models which is better then the latest one. Also try for the 208 THX and 218 THX power amplifiers, they are worth the money.

cheers

This model NAD D3020 is the revival of the Legendary and Award Winning NAD 3020, one of the most sort after these days for Stereo Setups. I have a NAD 3020i and its simply fantastic.

Now, the NAD D3020 comes with a whole lot of new features and I like the concept of connecting all your devices. In your scenario, fits the bill completely. Try getting a few reviews off the net and Im sure this will live up to its reputation.

BTW, wait till Reuben reads this post. He is even more esthetic than me on NADs and especially the 3020 series.

hi
Thank you for your reply. I will definitely wait for Ruben to reply here! Unfortunately i am trying to get reviews online, and there are hardly any. I am wondering if its still out in the US since it doesnt show in most of the popular online stores

Is your selection based on online reviews or actual audition/demo of the amps? If former, I would suggest you to move your lazy ... legs ... and go down to showrooms and get demo. The review and the actual hearing can be day and night different. Please ignore the suggestion if you have demoed and liked them.

I personally didn't like NAD. I found it muddy when auditioned with B&W DM601-S3.

I dont know if you read my post, BUT I DID AUDITION NAD 326! I simply loved them. I have no idea why you didnt like them as they were by far superior than most brands. and just to inform, NAD D3020 is not yet launched in India, so I can keep my lazy legs parked well :)

I would rather stay away from the latest NAD's. The older NAD's are very good. The old 3020 is the best out of the Nad design. C 320, C 300, C 304, C 306 are few models which is better then the latest one. Also try for the 208 THX and 218 THX power amplifiers, they are worth the money.

cheers

Hi
I will definitely keep this in mind :)
ty for your tip

I dont know if you read my post, BUT I DID AUDITION NAD 326! I simply loved them. I have no idea why you didnt like them as they were by far superior than most brands. and just to inform, NAD D3020 is not yet launched in India, so I can keep my lazy legs parked well :)

No need to shout at me, you never mentioned whether you auditioned it or not :)

I didn't like it as I told you, it was muddy for me. That is my personal opinion and may not match to anybody. I did A/B test with Quad 306, and the sound is of no comparison at all.

No need to shout at me, you never mentioned whether you auditioned it or not :)

I didn't like it as I told you, it was muddy for me. That is my personal opinion and may not match to anybody. I did A/B test with Quad 306, and the sound is of no comparison at all.

LOL not shouting :p
anyways did you audition the quads in kolkata? if yes, then where?

Nope. One of our FM (Tirthankar) was carrying his Quad 306 for the audition of speakers. I was with him then. The person at "The Promises" were reluctant to use his Amp and insisted that we demo the speaker using their NAD Amp, when we went there for audition of B&W. When we found that we are not really liking the sound, he agreed to use our Amp.

I really liked the combo of Quad 306 & B&W DM601 and hence the buy :)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back