Naim Uniti or UnitiQute - Anyone owns?

I listened to UnitiQute on couple of occasions and I was considering UnitiQute at one point of time. The UnitiQute with its 30W/ch output combined with relatively easy to drive speakers like the PMC DB1i will form a brilliant small to medium room system. Read somewhere compared with the rest of Naim amplifier range its sound quality is identical to its entry level Nait 5i integrated amp.

But if you want to use it in a medium to large room with bigger speakers then better to stay away from it. The UnitiQute doesn't have the DIN connectors like the rest of Naim range and its tougher to integrate with the rest of the higher Naim range.
Also at its price point I found other better options.

I have no idea on the Uniti.

Can you let me know what other better options you have found :)

I was looking for a one box solution at that point but I was attracted by the 'used/ ex demo/ end of line' deals on integrated amps in the UK market. Also the used UnitiQute prices were not that attractive.
The Naim Nait 5i integrated amp with 50W/ch output to which the UnitiQute amp section compares to is available for about 400 - 450 in used market which is about 1000 cheaper than a new UnitiQute.
The SB touch was available for 150 if I wanted network player functionality. And for about 500 there are enough DAC's which are superior to the DAC section in UnitiQute.

Among the integrated amps the Exposure 3010S2, Roksan Caspian m2, Cyrus 8XPd, Primare I21 were more or less in the same range both in price (1200 - 1500) and performance wise as Naim Nait XS.
When I was looking an ex display Exposure 3010S2 was available at 700 and an ex display Primare I21 at 600 with warranty. Also the Leema Acoustics amp I picked was a group test winner against Naim Nait XS, Cyrus 8XPd, Roksan Caspian m1 etc. I got it for 600 (with 50% end of line discount) new with 5 years warranty which has both MM and MC inputs which makes my life easier if I want to start experimenting with Vinyl.

Wish I had chance to visit UK and pick some cheap good gear!! :(
Guess, first I have to look for someone coming bck from London, even b4 i think of a serious upgrade ;)

If you wish i can share HiFiChoice Magzine review of Naim UnitiQute but i don't know whether posting Box.net link is allowed here.

I was looking for a one box solution at that point but I was attracted by the 'used/ ex demo/ end of line' deals on integrated amps in the UK market. Also the used UnitiQute prices were not that attractive.
The Naim Nait 5i integrated amp with 50W/ch output to which the UnitiQute amp section compares to is available for about 400 - 450 in used market which is about 1000 cheaper than a new UnitiQute.
The SB touch was available for 150 if I wanted network player functionality. And for about 500 there are enough DAC's which are superior to the DAC section in UnitiQute.

I support Ravi's views. I have listened to Naim products including in the past and wasn't particularly impressed. Naim is one of those brands which does polarise people's views.I firmly believe that you would need to listen to a Naim Uniti/Unitiqute to make up your mind.

My personal view is that there are other products which would be better at this price point and that does include options of a SB Touch with a DAC + decent amp etc.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back