NCR get-together for Dark Knight Rises???

Today's event was really great, and really enjoyed the Beer and Movie combo, thanks to Anm, Dillihifi and technobhatt for participating. Will look forward to more events and movie shows.
Apart from this the movie was simply fantastic but marred by the not go good quality projection and sound, will wait for the day when it's Blu Ray realeases to watch it again on a good home theatre setup.

Thanks Ashish for shaking us out of our inertia and coming for a meet up. A good beer+movie show with friends.
Thanks DilliHifi for the beer :D

Ashish - you should host a show for a real good 3D movie in your showroom. I hope 4-5 people can be accommodated.

I can do a simple 2D show at my place where again 4-5 ppl can be easily accommodated.

Well thanks to anm for floating the idea. Well whatever the equipment one has there is nothing better than having company for enjoying movies. Asish did the honours by booking the tickets and the four of us enjoyed the beer movies stint. Thanks to technobhatt, anm and ashish for taking the initiative.

Well by the way the movie has english subtitles don't know why ? First time i saw this in a movie hall

You guys must have had a blast.

Saw the movie with the wife (I remember dragged her to The Dark Knight too).

Miss those college days when guys would hang together and watch such "guy" movies. Now most of them are married and its hard to coordinate anything like this.

For 3D movie get together, number of glasses would become a bottleneck.
Can we buy our own glasses and take then to cinema halls as well?

Ashish - you should host a show for a real good 3D movie in your showroom. I hope 4-5 people can be accommodated.

I won't mind that and this can easily be possible on a weekend after the showroom hours i.e 7:00 Pm. Waiting for the JBL Synthesis Kit to arrive which is expected by next week, this would simply enhance the Movie Watching Experience to another level.

For a newbie like me, it was really a great experience to meet folks like Ashish, Anm and Dillihifi !
After long time, I had a great evening having beers followed by a good movie.
I don't remember having beer more than 2 large glasses at the same time in past ! The beer was real good and I consumed it pretty well. Yet I was doubting myself, I may miss few dialogues courtesy the ultimate 'Suroor' created by beer; but PVR came to rescue and showed the movie with subtitles :)
Saw a movie with subtitles in Theater very first time. Does it happen generally, or it was an illusion ;-)

Which was first... beer or movie?
It looks like beer...:D

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Missed it here and missed meeting DigitalV in bangalore :(
Too bad! But please keep me posted, rather, I will make it a point to visit this thread whenever a next meetup happens.

Any pics from the night?

but PVR came to rescue and showed the movie with subtitles :)
Saw a movie with subtitles in Theater very first time. Does it happen generally, or it was an illusion ;-)
Thank you for mentioning this. I had actually been planning to watch this movie in the theater as an exception. As if this absolutely abhorrent practice was not bad enough on TV, it seems to now have permeated into movie theaters too. Why in the world would you have English sub-titles in an English move? If someone does not understand the language, they can always watch the dubbed version. Why spoil the experience for those who do actually understand English?

As if the poor audio/picture quality at most theaters, in addition to rude viewers and forced intervals was not enough to make viewing in a theater a pain. This certainly is the last nail in the coffin for me, as far watching English movies in a theater are concerned.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back