Need a car stereo for Wagon R Duo

andy78

I have a Wagon R Duo and am looking for a decent music system with speakers.
Budget is around 10-12k.
What will be the preferred brands?
Kindly advise.

Last edited:
HU: Pioneer MVH-X169UI

Front speakers: Hard to get component speakers in your budget but give it a try. Otherwise go for co-axials ( I guess Wagon R takes 4" drivers on front doors). Check this

Rear speakers: Infinity/JBL co-axial speakers. Check this

Amplifier: JBL

P.S: Audition every component before purchasing and bargain hard with as many dealers as you can, till you get the best price.:cheers:

Last edited:
Had a factory fitted JVC with four spkrs, sounds bad, pioneer should be good and within your budget

I had a Wagon R earlier. In 2009, i went for the below set up.
Pioneer HU 2190, JBL 4 inch speakers for Front and JBL GT5 963 for back. I opted to mount the speakers on boxes than keeping a plan. I loved the way it sounded and it served me well. This should fit in your budget. now you will be able to go for a much better HU. just givign you a reference. mind you this was about 5 years back. the options would be much better. Currently I am using polk front speakers and coustic front speakers in my current vehicle.

Guys I'm currently running on tight budget. What would be the minimum budget that I need to have a decent car stereo?
I currently have COWON A3, can I connect this to my Car and have the speakers installed?

I do have a wagon R Duo and fixing car stereo in this model is tricky as the there is no space in the boot to fix the rear speakers. You better show the model to a shop which fixes stereos before asking for opinions. I had to place two speakers under the front seats as there was no place any other place in this model.

Since I'm tight in budget I thought I will buy one unit at one time. So I thought first I should get hold of the playback unit.

Back