Need a home theatre system under 50k

JBL is the bottom of the barrel but you are aware that Samsung owns Harman and Harman owns JBL.
Samsung is a huge enterprise. They own half of Korea. Its like a mystery wrapped in an enigma inside a maze surrounded by a swamp in which a needle is to be found in an array of zillions of haystacks. Samsung sometimes is its own rival.

Samsung is a huge enterprise. They own half of Korea. Its like a mystery wrapped in an enigma inside a maze surrounded by a swamp in which a needle is to be found in an array of zillions of haystacks. Samsung sometimes is its own rival.

You exaggerate. But yes Samsung is large.

You exaggerate. But yes Samsung is large.
In Television they have a QD-OLED Vs QNED internal competition. So while a branch of Samsung may own Harman like you say, they still may not be competent enough in quality. Like Tata motors vs Jaguar. Plus he auditioned both and is able to come to a conclusion himself. His choice of JBL over Samsung cant be undermined by this little ownership hierarchy.

In Television they have a QD-OLED Vs QNED internal competition. So while a branch of Samsung may own Harman like you say, they still may not be competent enough in quality. Like Tata motors vs Jaguar. Plus he auditioned both and is able to come to a conclusion himself. His choice of JBL over Samsung cant be undermined by this little ownership hierarchy.

Having different tech products does not mean internal competition, it is product diversity to cater to different segments. There is no "branch", Samsung is Samsung. They may have subsidiaries and offices worldwide with compartmentalized marketing and distribution based on geography but there is just one Samsung. As for quality, I don't consider Samsung or JBL to be quality in audio. He can choose what he likes, I merely pointed out the fact that JBL is owned by Samsung through Harman.

Having different tech products does not mean internal competition, it is product diversity to cater to different segments. There is no "branch", Samsung is Samsung. They may have subsidiaries and offices worldwide with compartmentalized marketing and distribution based on geography but there is just one Samsung. As for quality, I don't consider Samsung or JBL to be quality in audio. He can choose what he likes, I merely pointed out the fact that JBL is owned by Samsung through Harman.
From what is available in the market in soundbar HTIB segment, JBL is better. I still think he could set up a simple 5.1 second hand AVR based one for that budget however since he has shortlisted this segment, we are kibitzing a JBL vs Samsung (again i had suggested it at first but he self improvised with a JBL). I think its a good choice.

From what is available in the market in soundbar HTIB segment, JBL is better. I still think he could set up a simple 5.1 second hand AVR based one for that budget however since he has shortlisted this segment, we are kibitzing a JBL vs Samsung (again i had suggested it at first but he self improvised with a JBL). I think its a good choice.

If you read my posts I made no comment about which is better or what he should buy, you may have misunderstood my posts. I'm not even arguing/"kibitzing" JBL vs Samsung, what's there to argue, they are the same. Buying a JBL product you are essentially buying a Samsung under a different brand name. You seemed to think that JBL is better than Samsung, I only mentioned that Samsung owns JBL, therefore neither is better than the other. It is the same company, different brands and products for different segments. For example JBL makes many professional speakers that is sold under the JBL name but not under the Samsung name, that is simply because many people are familiar with the name JBL in pro circles and it might not sell under the Samsung name. Further many people may not be aware that Samsung owns JBL so they are using multiple brands to make use of brand value.

If you read my posts I made no comment about which is better or what he should buy, you may have misunderstood my posts. I'm not even arguing/"kibitzing" JBL vs Samsung, what's there to argue, they are the same. Buying a JBL product you are essentially buying a Samsung under a different brand name. You seemed to think that JBL is better than Samsung, I only mentioned that Samsung owns JBL, therefore neither is better than the other. It is the same company, different brands and products for different segments. For example JBL makes many professional speakers that is sold under the JBL name but not under the Samsung name, that is simply because many people are familiar with the name JBL in pro circles and it might not sell under the Samsung name. Further many people may not be aware that Samsung owns JBL so they are using multiple brands to make use of brand value.
Yes yes. Believe me, we are not arguing. I get a healthy discussion vibe only. And thanks for the info. I learned a thing or two.

So the Jbl bar 5.1 is around 58k with offers.

If the OP goes the other route, 30k for an Avr leaves 28k for a 5.1 package? Is that even possible to get something in this range that can best the Jbl soundbar?

So the Jbl bar 5.1 is around 58k with offers.

If the OP goes the other route, 30k for an Avr leaves 28k for a 5.1 package? Is that even possible to get something in this range that can best the Jbl soundbar?
In pre owned market only. Optical out AVRs can be bought for 10k second hand and a speaker system satellites for 40k like ELAC 5.1 or in pre owned market better bookshelves listing offer.

Visit ProFx dealership once. There are many previous owners who upgrade their systems. If you have luck, you might get a decent set of pre-owned Polk/Denon combo within your price range.

I have a pair of Wharfedale diamond 220s that I am not using now. Can give it for a meager 10k + shipping. You can use them as FRL and upgrade later and use them as surrounds.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back