Need a review of Mission MV 8 speakers

beanstalk_230

Hi everyone,

I need a review of the mission mv 8 speakers that have been posted on ebay by savoy. A general idea about sound reproduction would suffice for now since auditioning is not possible.

Regards

If you are looking for Music ..not very good
Please check forum..already reviewed by a member and then me.

NOTE - Both of us checked only for music with 2 channel amps. Home THeatre performance MAY be difference and better..

Beanstalk, Search for the impressions by Sivakuru and Hemantwaghe. Try to get an audition too, I am sure you will find the package better than Sony HTIB.

If your primary requirement is music, then I (like Hemant) would recommend you
look elsewhere. I have been using it for the last month or so and while they did
sound tinny initially, they sound much better now. They have good vocals.
They dont have good treble, bass, mid bass. That is the reason they dont sound
good for music. They can be used for movies though.

If your primary requirement is music, I would suggest you audition bookshelves
like Wharfdale 9.1, 9.2. I found them much better for music than the Mission
MV8 towers. There may be better bookshelves too in the same price range
I am not naming them because I did not audition them and compare them with
the missions in question.

My primary requirements are movies and normal tv viewing. Music would be once in a while engagement and that would include faster tracks (pop, hip hop, rap, etc).

I need a 5.1 set in around 25k (max 30k) and I am utterly confused what should I look at.

While the Missions MV8 package at 25k is very good for movies, I would recommend
you audition other speaker packages around that price range. Energy take classic 5.1
is one good option that comes to my mind which should be available around the 27k
range. Though there are no towers in that package, it is well regarded and quite a few
forum members have it. Do a search in this forum or if you are OK with going the used
route, open a wanted thread and you might be surprised with the options that you
would get from the members.

So I finally went out for some auditions. Heard the Wharfedale Vardus FS speakers and 9.5 FS and also some Mission HT setup (arnd 25k) with a FS.

Mission HT (Dunno model)- Was OK for movies but did not impress me in terms of music. (23k)

W. Vardus FS (Vardus 300 I think) - Was better than the Mission's but lacked bass according to me. (16k)

W. 9.5 FS - The best of the lot and most expensive as well. But seemed just perfect. except for the price. (27k)

I think I should go for FS instead of a HT package and may be add something later when I have the moolah. What do you guys think.

Please mention what should be the correct prices for the above speakers so that I can have a general idea about how much should I bargain for.

Regards

Last edited:
if you have a large room to accomidate FS you can go for them . Or else you can look @ buying bookshelf speakers and add a sub to it.

room is quite large and I think BS would be quite small for it. Any comments on the above pricing?? And any alternatives that I should look out for in FS

I read somewhere that Monitor Audio would be in the same range but since it lacks the bass of 9.5 I think I would skip it.

Last edited:
I would recommend
Edifier S550 5.1 multimedia speakers , Great for both music and movies .
You should get them for approx 14-15 k .

I would recommend
Edifier S550 5.1 multimedia speakers , Great for both music and movies .
You should get them for approx 14-15 k .

????

Buddy these are powered PC speakers

However good comparing with AVR + 5.1 Mid end speakers? I do nbot think these will stand a chance!!

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back