Need a tripath based budget amp with more power

The one mentioned is fine .... though, might have slightly less on detailing. This uses another Tripath based chip .... not the 2020. Of what I recollect, it is 2060 / or a 2022.

I had done a thorough search earlier, in the same lines as you are doing now. Had chanced upon a 40 W tripath amp too. Am sure, you too would have come across some 'good' reviews of this amp. Is stated to have 'tube-like' sound output.

Costs, I believe are in the $ 150 to 220 range. But, I have neither auditioned nor seen the product myself. POPPULSE is yet another brand you can look at, in addition to HLLY and TOPPING.

Last edited:
Slightly OT but shouldn't you be looking to finalise the speakers you want before the amplification? A tripath based amp may or may not work well with the speakers you end up choosing.

Hi Experts,

Currently I am having a topping tp20 amp. and I am very much satisfied with the sound quality.
But I am planning to buy some floor standing speakers (not yet decided the brand).So I want more power .

How about a Topping TP60 (2x80W TA2022 T-Amp STEREO AMP)?

TOPPING TP60 90W Class T AMP AMPLIFIER Tripath TA2022 | eBay

Waiting for your valuable inputs.

Regards,
samml:)

@samml
Usually amplifier output at 8ohms is considered. Think the TP60 as a 50W/ch amp and not 80W/ch amp.

Now look for floor standers which work well with 50W/ch amps. Even then 50W/ch is more than enough for stereo purpose.

I have used both TA2020 and TA2022 based amps. The sound signature is different - the 2022 is more powerful but sounds a touch colder.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back