Need Advice: 5.1.2 home theatre setup

firstresponder29

Hi Seniors,

I am planning to buy my first home theatre setup. I have decided to future proof myself by buying 5.1.2 setup. Below are my doubts

Room size: 11 * 15 ft

1. Should I invest in 5.1.2 or 5.1 is sufficient
2. Should I buy
Taga Harmony TAV506
Taga Harmony TSW90
Taga Harmony TAV806S
Or
Mission cube se
Any good bookshelf under 15k (please suggest)
3. Should I buy
Pioneer vsx 834 or Marantz NR1609

I thank you all in advance for your help.

For your room size, 5.1 will be very enjoyable. No harm at all in getting Atmos enabled avr, to add a couple of heights later.

Please mention budget, so people can help you out better.

Couple of good LCR been put up for sale here. Check the For sale section.

Until and unless you can audition in person, I'll suggest staying away from Taga. You don't know how they sound. Subjective opinions, even user reviews, are subjective. You can look at other options with more reliable performance. Pioneer SP-BS22 has been tested and it's one of the best at low budgets. JBL Stage A120 is the successor to Arena 120, which measured well and even Floyd Toole praised it. Now we don't have measurements of the Stage series, there's are at least the assurance that's it's from the Harman family and successor toa great speaker.

Polk Signature series is also an option.

For your room size, 5.1 will be very enjoyable. No harm at all in getting Atmos enabled avr, to add a couple of heights later.

Please mention budget, so people can help you out better.

Couple of good LCR been put up for sale here. Check the For sale section.
Thanks for the suggestion, my budget is under 90k,

Until and unless you can audition in person, I'll suggest staying away from Taga. You don't know how they sound. Subjective opinions, even user reviews, are subjective. You can look at other options with more reliable performance. Pioneer SP-BS22 has been tested and it's one of the best at low budgets. JBL Stage A120 is the successor to Arena 120, which measured well and even Floyd Toole praised it. Now we don't have measurements of the Stage series, there's are at least the assurance that's it's from the Harman family and successor toa great speaker.

Polk Signature series is also an option.
Thanks for the help Marakk,
So should i go with Pioneer SP-BS22 and Mission cube?

Thanks for the help Marakk,
So should i go with Pioneer SP-BS22 and Mission cube?

And what center will you use then? Center needs to match the front L and R. Surrounds do too, at least in terms of bass performance and overall tone.

What's your overall budget? For receiver and then for speakers?

Recently one of the FM has put his Polk LCR for sell in Classified section. You may check the same for reasonablely price quality LCR speakers. You may divert more fund towards AVR and later as budget permits you can upgrade your speakers with present FL & FR as surround speakers .

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back