need advice for avr

luckydinesh

dear friends,
this is my first post in this forum.
i read many post in this section in past one month.
not to mention that up to now, i was only knowing sony name in music systems :p but, now i know at least there is a more than SONY in the world.

now my query is i need suggestions for AVR for my new Home. i want to setup 5.1 home theater system. speakers i will choose after auditions. first i have to finalize AVR. my approx budget for total system is around 60000. myself i have decided i will go for avr costing around 35-40k.

now its upto you experts to suggest a vfm AVR for me, i am totally dependant on you friends.

based on reviews i read, not many have mentioned abt pioneer, onkyo. mainly the talk was on yamaha and denon. so what should i do?

other suggestions are also welcome..:clapping:

dear friends,
this is my first post in this forum.
i read many post in this section in past one month.
not to mention that up to now, i was only knowing sony name in music systems :p but, now i know at least there is a more than SONY in the world.

now my query is i need suggestions for AVR for my new Home. i want to setup 5.1 home theater system. speakers i will choose after auditions. first i have to finalize AVR. my approx budget for total system is around 60000. myself i have decided i will go for avr costing around 35-40k.

now its upto you experts to suggest a vfm AVR for me, i am totally dependant on you friends.

based on reviews i read, not many have mentioned abt pioneer, onkyo. mainly the talk was on yamaha and denon. so what should i do?

other suggestions are also welcome..:clapping:

Welcome to the forum...Am sure you will have a nice time...

Onkyo / Denon / Yamaha / Pioneer / Marantz / Harman Kardon are equally good.... Little to differentiate between them... You need to choose based on your requirements & budget....

Tell us more abt your listening preference, your room size, your source material.... there will be plenty of receommendations..:eek:hyeah:

dear elangoas,
thanks for urquick reply.
sorry i forgot to mention that,
my living room size is 12 *14 sqft
music movie 50/ 50 %
at present i am gonna connect my lappy (HDMI), 32'' full hd tv, blueray player.

dear elangoas,
thanks for urquick reply.
sorry i forgot to mention that,
my living room size is 12 *14 sqft
music movie 50/ 50 %
at present i am gonna connect my lappy (HDMI), 32'' full hd tv, blueray player.

Ok fine... Out of your total budget of 60K, if you spend 35- 40K on AVR, you will have a balance of only 20K which is difficult to complete a 5.1 Setup....

You can look for an HTIB if you don't want to spend much going forward...On a second thought are you open to used AVR's ?

How much of Bluray movies do you watch ? If you gonna watch only Blu Ray Rips even an old AVR will do fine....

Let us know your thoughts, we can compute accordingly..

For THIS sized room, he should be able to manage an effective AVR within 20K. He does not need too much power! In addition, anything more than satellites would be an overkill. 75K overall looks very realistic.

hi elangoas and ghatgepatil,
i am planing to go for satellite speakers like Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS 5.1 or Wharfedale Moviestar MS-100 HCP Home Theatre Cinema Package or Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS5.1SE Special Edition Home Theater Speaker System or some other. that i will decide afterwards.
i can adjust the budget as per the need. that doesnt matter friends.
i want to select the avr which has most of the features, like 4K pass through also.

thanks for ur help frnds

hi elangoas and ghatgepatil,
i am planing to go for satellite speakers like Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS 5.1 or Wharfedale Moviestar MS-100 HCP Home Theatre Cinema Package or Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS5.1SE Special Edition Home Theater Speaker System or some other. that i will decide afterwards.
i can adjust the budget as per the need. that doesnt matter friends.
i want to select the avr which has most of the features, like 4K pass through also.

thanks for ur help frnds

You can consider the Pioneer VSX 823K @ 31K in hifimart... Sensibly priced...

You can consider the Sonodyne Sonus / Polk TSx range of speakers in addition to what you have mentioned avove...

BS/sat Combo should be better than Sub/Sat combo as you preference is 50:50 music / movies...

Before 3 months only I have purchased following for my 11 x 14 size bed room.
1. Wharfedale Moviestar MS-100 HCP
2. Yamaha avr rx-v375 ( 4K pass through support )
3. DAC 16 AWG 30 meter speaker wire
4. DAC sub woofer cable.
Above system comes around 63K.
When I planned to buy my usage was 60% movies, 30% games and 10% music.
Currently it's connect to my pc using SPDIF, hence not able take full advantage in game. ( Need to upgrade my 5 year old PC :D )
But surly for movies and music it's amazing experience. In fact after this my music usage increased to around 30% :).
Hope this helps you in making your decision.

thanks elangoas and jigar , i will definitely consider your suggestions VSX823K &n RX V375.
i will go through the specs and make choice.
but, one more thing elangoas pioneer is worth to spend?

thanks elangoas and jigar , i will definitely consider your suggestions VSX823K &n RX V375.
i will go through the specs and make choice.
but, one more thing elangoas pioneer is worth to spend?

Why not... They are equally good as any big brands like Onkyo, Yamaha & Denon... Juz that they weren't popular here...

For the price you would be paying around 30K, juz check the specifications & features of other brands & you will know it...

It is always good to search for a comparable model for the same price....

As other FMs said , you should look at Pioneer avrs as its more VFM than other brands and it aptly fits for your kinda budget. Try to build system slowly by avr+fronts first , since you should not regret in future if there is need for upgrade.

thanks karthi and karthik for your suggestions. karthik one more question as you have mentioned for speakers, shall i go for complete 5.1 system of one manufacturer or i should try different combinations. as my room is not so big i was planing for satellites only belonging to one company.

thanks karthi and karthik for your suggestions. karthik one more question as you have mentioned for speakers, shall i go for complete 5.1 system of one manufacturer or i should try different combinations. as my room is not so big i was planing for satellites only belonging to one company.

Not from one manufacturer.. But one series/family of speakers from any brand...

You can comfortably consider using BS+Sub combo instead of using Sat+Sub combo as you purpose is 50:50 music:movies...

Will sonodyne 1501 or polk tsx110 a matching BS pair for pioneer 323 or 523?
Any other entry level BS to be demoed with 323/523?

ok, thanks elangoas for your suggestions, i will definitely add BS + Sub as my choice is 50% music....thanks buddy for your valuable suggestions..

Will sonodyne 1501 or polk tsx110 a matching BS pair for pioneer 323 or 523?
Any other entry level BS to be demoed with 323/523?

Pioneeer 523 should be able to drive the BS comfortably.... I doubt the 323 as it is just bare bones and may suit Sat + Sub combo...

You can also consider Cambridge S30 & PSB Alpha series too around the same budget...

hi Luckyganesh,

had you got chance for rx- v375 with boston acoustics soundware ? I want to compare it with yamaha yht 299.. I heard that soundware has got 5 stars in cnet review. But until now unable to compare...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back