Need Advice on AVR/Speakers for Samsung 51 inch Plasma TV

roboro

Friends. It is very nice to be member of this forum. I see that most of you are owners of great/legendary sets and are very much familar with technologies. I am replacing my 18 year old Thomson CRT 21 Quadra TV with a Samsung 51F5500 Plasma TV.

The reason I am posting this tread is to get advice from forum members on a perfect AVR/Speakers I can install at my home that is also more ideal for this TV. I already have a Samsung Home Theater System, which I will be connecting to this TV. I am looking at AVR/Speakers within 20-25K Range.

Your suggestions will help me a great deal. I am based in Chennai. Thanks.

Around 25K you can look for Onkyo 3400. For 30K you have other options like Denon 1312XP, Onkyo 3500 etc. Yamaha 196 is about 20K. All these have AVRs with hdmi inputs.

Thanks @baijuxavior! Looks like nice suggestions. I am living in Chennai and I have not seen any of these AVRs like Onkyo, Denon, Yamaha in consumer electronics shops. Is there there any specific shops you wish to suggest me in Chennai?

Chennai FMs can help you in locating the shops. profx deals with Denon. For other brands see the dealer list in their websites.

You have a samsung HT system and yet you need another one? Are you going to replace the Samsung HT or you only need an AVR to connect the Samsung speakers? or a full 5.1 HT system?

As baiju said in that budget you can go for Denon 1312XP or Onkyo HT-S3500. HT-S3400 is the older model but would be cheaper. Try to stretch the budget to 30k and go for Denon 1312XP, it has an active sub while Onkyp has a passive sub.

Thanks @baijuxavior! Looks like nice suggestions. I am living in Chennai and I have not seen any of these AVRs like Onkyo, Denon, Yamaha in consumer electronics shops. Is there there any specific shops you wish to suggest me in Chennai?

Hi Robo,

I'm Karthik from Chennai... Let me help you.

1. Onkyo - Try to go kasturi rangam st in alwarapet for demo. They are onkyo dealer

TRU SURROUND is the shop name for buying Onkyo. Its near Palmshore hotel.

2. Denon - You can get in Audio center in riche st, mount road.
Or Profx is the shop name which is opp to TVS bus stop in mount road

3. Yamaha - Torvin technologies in Mount road or Reliance digital have few models

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back