Need advice on LG 42'' Plasma

Nav

Hi Guys,

This is my first post. I am looking for a 42'' plasma. I went to the gurgaon x-cite store yesterday - they had LG 42PG61UR at a discounted price of 45K with a DVD player and some other freebies. I think if I bargain without the freebies, I will get it for around 40K.
The only catch is it is a demo piece, looked in great condition with a protective plastic cover which they say will remove on installation. Do you think it is a good deal? Or should it be cheaper or not bought altogether?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Buddy,
Instead you can go for PQ70, it has higher contrast ratio and Bluetooth as add-on. I checked with ezone and Vijay sales here in Mumbai and both are quoting 43.5K after some baragain.
I still want to compare Pan PV8, PV80 and Sam B450, before I make my buy.

All the best.

Buddy,
Instead you can go for PQ70, it has higher contrast ratio and Bluetooth as add-on. I checked with ezone and Vijay sales here in Mumbai and both are quoting 43.5K after some baragain.
I still want to compare Pan PV8, PV80 and Sam B450, before I make my buy.

All the best.

all are good models. i got myself PQ70 for44k with freebies HDMI cable and wireless headphone. you can easily get it for 42-43k without freebies.

IMO, dont go for a demo piece. because the good life of Plasma panels may depends on initial use. so better get any latest model and use em carefully for atleast initial 100hrs. i myself feels improvement in PQ after one month usage.

Best luck for your purchase

well from what i have seen,the LG has some decent image processing,but even though colors are subjective the LG plasma be it PQ30 or PQ70 seems to have a strong domination of blues,which makes the color look unnatural compared to panasonic and samsung plasmas.they don't go as bright as other plasmas either,i.e without effecting blacks levels.

Folks - I would like to buy this PQ70, but there are 2 concerns:

a. This is HD Ready, would I miss anything if I am not getting a full HD TV? I dont have a blu-ray player, however I have HDMI upscaling Philips 5996 DVD player.
b. More importantly, this will be on a wall which is opposite windows of my living room, there is some glare currently on my CRT, will this glare cause any issues in PQ70 or does PQ70 have a good anti-glare panel?

Please help. I am confused. :confused:

Folks - I would like to buy this PQ70, but there are 2 concerns:

a. This is HD Ready, would I miss anything if I am not getting a full HD TV? I dont have a blu-ray player, however I have HDMI upscaling Philips 5996 DVD player.
b. More importantly, this will be on a wall which is opposite windows of my living room, there is some glare currently on my CRT, will this glare cause any issues in PQ70 or does PQ70 have a good anti-glare panel?

Please help. I am confused. :confused:

well hd or fhd will depend on ur viewing distance.
well plasma will show the glare just like ur crt,unless u have those hi-black sony trinitron based crts.people who have used tvs that have a matte screen would never go back to tvs that have a glossy screen.u can also check out the samsung 40inch B530.

Thanks Adder. My viewing distance would be between 12-14 feet. Would Tatasky look better on PQ70 or Samsung LA37B450?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back