Need Amplifier for ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2 speakers

Hello, I have been trying to build an audiophile setup for a while now, but for various reasons couldnt managed to do so. I have very limited knowledge about audio systems and equipments, but finally I went for the Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2 speakers and for the next step I need an amplifier. The amplifiers recommended on the web are too expensive in India, so I decided to go with the SMSL A300 amplifier, which is available for ₹17999/- , but I came across a couple of Indian brands, Norge and DNM, and their amplifier range especially Norge 2060 UBT and DNM A-302U. So, I am curious about how these perform compared to the other branded amplifiers and whether they would be a better choice for the ELAC's when compared to the SMSL A300. Thanks.
[/QUOTE

As already suggested to u in this thread about Norge concerto gold 1000. I have used this amp with Elac debut B5, back ported. Good match. U can read my review on the amplifier. Basically Elac b5 or 6 have a laid back presentation and Norge will match with these as tonally it has very good mids and highs. For details u can read my review.

Thanks, I'll try to contact them. Right now I'll stick to 20-25 k range as there will always be something better and this will be my first decent audio setup, I'll upgrade in future.
Do consider the Marantz PM6007.

While it is slightly more expensive at approx 30-35k, I've found it to be better i.e. more muscular and authoritative than the SMSL offerings.

I also consider it the better VFM offering than the SMSL's since it has a decent inbuilt DAC with coaxial and optical in.

With the SMSL offerings, you'll have to invest another 10k-14k approximately for a decent DAC. The SMSL hits back with inbuilt Bluetooth but you can add it to the Marantz as well with an el cheapo BT connector (approx 1-2k).

I personally have the Marantz 6006 (the earlier version - the 6007 is better) aa well as the SMSL DA9 and DA8s. While the SMSL offerings are decent amps in their own right, i prefer the PM6006 any day of the week and twice on Sunday for the aforementioned reasons.

The fact that the Marantz is slightly warmer also adds to it insofar as my own personal preference is concerned.

Do consider the Marantz PM6007.

While it is slightly more expensive at approx 30-35k, I've found it to be better i.e. more muscular and authoritative than the SMSL offerings.

I also consider it the better VFM offering than the SMSL's since it has a decent inbuilt DAC with coaxial and optical in.

With the SMSL offerings, you'll have to invest another 10k-14k approximately for a decent DAC. The SMSL hits back with inbuilt Bluetooth but you can add it to the Marantz as well with an el cheapo BT connector (approx 1-2k).

I personally have the Marantz 6006 (the earlier version - the 6007 is better) aa well as the SMSL DA9 and DA8s. While the SMSL offerings are decent amps in their own right, i prefer the PM6006 any day of the week and twice on Sunday for the aforementioned reasons.

The fact that the Marantz is slightly warmer also adds to it insofar as my own personal preference is concerned.
Marantz PM6007 current price is around 60k

Hello, I have been trying to build an audiophile setup for a while now, but for various reasons couldnt managed to do so. I have very limited knowledge about audio systems and equipments, but finally I went for the Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2 speakers and for the next step I need an amplifier. The amplifiers recommended on the web are too expensive in India, so I decided to go with the SMSL A300 amplifier, which is available for ₹17999/- , but I came across a couple of Indian brands, Norge and DNM, and their amplifier range especially Norge 2060 UBT and DNM A-302U. So, I am curious about how these perform compared to the other branded amplifiers and whether they would be a better choice for the ELAC's when compared to the SMSL A300. Thanks.
As already suggested to u in this thread about Norge concerto gold 1000. I have used this amp with Elac debut B5, back ported. Good match. U can read my review on the amplifier. Basically Elac b5 or 6 have a laid back presentation and Norge will match with these as tonally it has very good mids and highs. However I am not fully aware if there is a tonal difference between the back ported Elac Debut B series and the front ported version 2 series.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back