Need Amplifier for ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2 speakers

SpaceAsh

Hello, I have been trying to build an audiophile setup for a while now, but for various reasons couldnt managed to do so. I have very limited knowledge about audio systems and equipments, but finally I went for the Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2 speakers and for the next step I need an amplifier. The amplifiers recommended on the web are too expensive in India, so I decided to go with the SMSL A300 amplifier, which is available for ₹17999/- , but I came across a couple of Indian brands, Norge and DNM, and their amplifier range especially Norge 2060 UBT and DNM A-302U. So, I am curious about how these perform compared to the other branded amplifiers and whether they would be a better choice for the ELAC's when compared to the SMSL A300. Thanks.

Congratulations on your new acquisition.
The Elacs are well-received speakers.
Now, please mention your budget for the amp.
Also, go through this similar thread for a start.

Congratulations on your new acquisition.
The Elacs are well-received speakers.
Now, please mention your budget for the amp.
Also, go through this similar thread for a start.
Thanks, Budget is around 20K, the amps suggested in the linked thread are too expensive.

Hello, I have been trying to build an audiophile setup for a while now, but for various reasons couldnt managed to do so. I have very limited knowledge about audio systems and equipments, but finally I went for the Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2 speakers and for the next step I need an amplifier. The amplifiers recommended on the web are too expensive in India, so I decided to go with the SMSL A300 amplifier, which is available for ₹17999/- , but I came across a couple of Indian brands, Norge and DNM, and their amplifier range especially Norge 2060 UBT and DNM A-302U. So, I am curious about how these perform compared to the other branded amplifiers and whether they would be a better choice for the ELAC's when compared to the SMSL A300. Thanks.
Amps for elacs has been discussed numerous times in this forum. Please go through them.

For elacs you need an amp with balls of steel. It needs to have good power delivery and be comfortable going down to 3ohms if you really want the elacs to perform.

I'd suggest you look at a preamp + Poweramp combo with the aml belting out 100w per channel or more.

MaSh

I am really surprised that there are very less Yamaha fans in HFV. I have tried Marantz, Denon, Cambridge Audio etc, but I really preferred the Yamaha sound over all these. These amps pretty well match with almost all the speakers I partnered them with. For the price at which they are offered, they are great. I own a AX 590 which I've been using for around 4 years. I have changed/upgraded other amps that I used, but not this.
I suggest you include Yamaha too in your list.

I have sent enquiry for the availability and price of 2060 UBT, gold 1000 and MOFSET 2000, but I have not been able to find a detailed review of these amplifiers.
Call to their number kn website. You can speak to Lakshman

I have sent enquiry for the availability and price of 2060 UBT, gold 1000 and MOFSET 2000, but I have not been able to find a detailed review of these amplifiers.
Call to their number kn website. You can speak to Lakshman
You are better off talking to Indiq instead of Lakshman if you want to know / understand more on Norge. They are one of the direct dealers for Norge. I know this as my 1st Norge from them.
Also in your budget if you can increase more there are other options. You can check with Aniket Das on O&B too.

You are better off talking to Indiq instead of Lakshman if you want to know / understand more on Norge. They are one of the direct dealers for Norge. I know this as my 1st Norge from them.
Also in your budget if you can increase more there are other options. You can check with Aniket Das on O&B too.
Thanks, I'll try to contact them. Right now I'll stick to 20-25 k range as there will always be something better and this will be my first decent audio setup, I'll upgrade in future.

Norge 2060 is lovely to listen to. Used to own one and unfortunately sold it off too early. Now seriously considering of getting another one.

The Debut B2 version 2 is a relatively easy load on amplifiers due to its reasonably flat impedance chart, however a little powerfull amplifier is recommended due to its lower sensitivy that is stable into 4 ohm load.

The under mentioned is a good place to start before taking the upgrade path in the future,

https://www.fabtolab.com/allo-volt-dual-mono-volt-amplifier?search=Allo&page=2

The Debut B2 version 2 is a relatively easy load on amplifiers due to its reasonably flat impedance chart, however a little powerfull amplifier is recommended due to its lower sensitivy that is stable into 4 ohm load.

The under mentioned is a good place to start before taking the upgrade path in the future,

https://www.fabtolab.com/allo-volt-dual-mono-volt-amplifier?search=Allo&page=2
Is this dual mono a standalone amplifier ? I couldn’t understand much from the website.

Am using DenonPMA 600NE with stand mounted Elac debut2,0 b5.2. Playing good. Things to note. Elacs require about 100 hours of Break in period, also keep them at least 2 feet away from the wall for best performance.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back