Subwoofer for stereo setup

No clue - I have never measured but I guess there is output down to the low 30's with the right material.
It'll be very interesting to know the frequency response - do consider a UMIK-1.
It's a great tool to understand what's going on.

I oftentimes use it to optimize placement of new speakers or a new room.

Yesterday, had a short demo of ATC SCM19 & 40, both I find revealing, brutally honest. If you feed them a signal of suitable quality, it will be rewarding, else the songs you enjoy most, but not properly recorded or flaws in vocals or playing instruments, it will expose them brutally. One thing I find is the mid bass woofer sing only when the volume is cranked up (around 78 db), in low volumes (around 68-74 db)I didn't find much activity in the lower mids, in such scenario, subwoofers that blend well with the speakers play a crucial role.

Yesterday, had a short demo of ATC SCM19 & 40, both I find revealing, brutally honest. If you feed them a signal of suitable quality, it will be rewarding, else the songs you enjoy most, but not properly recorded or flaws in vocals or playing instruments, it will expose them brutally. One thing I find is the mid bass woofer sing only when the volume is cranked up (around 78 db), in low volumes (around 68-74 db)I didn't find much activity in the lower mids, in such scenario, subwoofers that blend well with the speakers play a crucial role.
It also needs the right amplification else there is no bass. My previous McCormack with 125W/ch had a very hard time driving them while the current 300W/ch monos generates way more movement and bass especially at low listening levels. However you are right - they are brutally honest. They will reveal almost everything that is there in the recording.

SCM 40s were running active & SCM19s were passive driven by Octave v70 amp, imaging, staging were the way they should be, but extracting every detail & not at all forgiving, subsequently heard Proac d2r, which were forgiving to large extent

SCM 40s were running active & SCM19s were passive driven by Octave v70 amp, imaging, staging were the way they should be, but extracting every detail & not at all forgiving, subsequently heard Proac d2r, which were forgiving to large extent
No tube amp will drive an SCM19 properly. Used to have an octave once - for a tube amp it has reasonable drive, but it is not enough for ATC.

Thats pretty similar to what I hear with my atc's

One thing I find is the mid bass woofer sing only when the volume is cranked up (around 78 db), in low volumes (around 68-74 db)I didn't find much activity in the lower mids, in such scenario, subwoofers that blend well with the speakers play a crucial role.
This was with both active scm40 and scm19's??

Thats pretty similar to what I hear with my atc's

This was with both active scm40 and scm19's??
It was the case only with SCM40, as they were placed in a treated room, the mid wooders' excursion of SCM 40s was insane like that of subwoofers'. Whereas, SCM 19s were kept in an untreated hall, & due to lot of reflections from the sides & floor, particularly, couldn't crank up the volume.

So, after significantly raising my budget(hoping sub will carry me for for 5-10 years), I am now looking at SVS SB 1000 Pro, is this a good choice or are there better sub in its price range? Thanks
what is the price quoted to you? I am also considering buying it in Bangalore. I rough idea on price will be good for negotiation hence asking. I am being quoted 88K and 80K by two different dealers.

what is the price quoted to you? I am also considering buying it in Bangalore. I rough idea on price will be good for negotiation hence asking. I am being quoted 88K and 80K by two different dealers.
I only looked it up online and lowest price was around 84-85 k

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back