Subwoofer for stereo setup

Demo pair - not new. So I'd assume it was broken in. The differences in specs basically is that ATC are incredibly conservative with their specs but REL is not.
Surprising observation, I had Rel T9i which digged down than the specs mentioned by Rel and lit was louder once completely broken in, after breaking in completely it was a different beast

Demo pair - not new. So I'd assume it was broken in. The differences in specs basically is that ATC are incredibly conservative with their specs but REL is not.
Surprising observation, I had Rel T9i which digged down than the specs mentioned by Rel and lit was louder once completely broken in, after breaking in completely it was a different beast

Rel is a good subwoofer especially for stereo. But I do find the YouTube videos pertaining to them spiced up with some marketing hype.

How low did it go after it was broken in? It's -6db at 27hz according to the official spec by REL

T9i is a PR design. It will have more output. T5x is sealed with much lower power. Output will be significantly less.

PSB is 25@-3dB. It digs much much deeper than the T9, let alone the T5.

T9i is a PR design. It will have more output. T5x is sealed with much lower power. Output will be significantly less.

PSB is 25@-3dB. It digs much much deeper than the T9, let alone the T5.
As you rightly said and I know that T9i is PR & front firing, whereas T5 is not. Butt what I mentioned is not T9i digs lower than the PSB, But ATC Scm19 bookshelves digging lower than the T5 series (lLFE is -6db @32hz), whose specs says 54hz-22khz

As you rightly said and I know that T9i is PR & front firing, whereas T5 is not. Butt what I mentioned is not T9i digs lower than the PSB, But ATC Scm19 bookshelves digging lower than the T5 series (lLFE is -6db @32hz), whose specs says 54hz-22khz
Yea ATC is seriously under-rated. The other day I was playing this track called Acoustic by Billy Raffoul which is a serious workout for the low end. One door which was ajar started rattling with bass. I afterwards realised my sub was off. It was only the ATC producing the bass. It was absolutely incredible!

Yea ATC is seriously under-rated. The other day I was playing this track called Acoustic by Billy Raffoul which is a serious workout for the low end. One door which was ajar started rattling with bass. I afterwards realised my sub was off. It was only the ATC producing the bass. It was absolutely incredible!
Definitely worth auditioning the ATC SCM 19 then, the bookshelves defying mini subs in low frequencies & rattling, will be auditioning them in a couple of weeks here, might be good for those who don't want to add sub because of real estate problems.

Sealed speakers leverage room gain and can give more extension that the rated spec if the room dictates. Dual REL T9i's in my treated room went down to 8hz at -3db.

How low are the ATC's are digging in your room?

Definitely worth auditioning the ATC SCM 19 then, the bookshelves defying mini subs in low frequencies & rattling, will be auditioning them in a couple of weeks here, might be good for those who don't want to add sub because of real estate problems.
It needs loads of power to move air - keep that in mind. Give it a pipsqueak amp and there will be no bass.

Most people complaining about lack of bass use amps that can't move the super linear drivers properly due to lack of current.

Sealed speakers leverage room gain and can give more extension that the rated spec if the room dictates. Dual REL T9i's in my treated room went down to 8hz at -3db.

No clue - I have never measured but I guess there is output down to the low 30's with the right material.

Yes, indeed room gain plays a major role in the low frequency department.
I don't have ATCs, but will be auditioning them shortly

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back