Need Bass

Friends this is my first post. I have pioneer vsx 531 5.1 channel av receiver. I was searching for powerful. Subwoofer and the one which suits my taste would cost arround a lakh. Search started to check can't there be an Indian version of the same. At last after testing ended up buying 12 inch active subwoofer 400w rms continuous from Studiomaster. Costs approx 30000 INR max. This is the most affordable and powerful solution for those who have 5.1 and even 7.2 channel amplifier. It has got 2 line inn. Hope this information is helpful to someone.

Great, please do share your views. We would like to find out how it performs well and was it up to your expectations, let us know :)

15" sub will have more power output.
Just noticed this post. The FVX12 and Fvx15 have the same wattage on the amp, and from what I assume exactly the same.
The FV15HP had a 600W amp.
So I'm actually guessing the spl on fvx 12 will be higher than Fvx15 (not the hp) whereas the fvx 15 would go lower on frequencies.

Let me share my experience with Subs as well. I have 2 subs...a 25K JBL sub and 1L+ Neumann sub. I use the neumann sub for music and jbl for movies. I always thought my JBL sub was an average sub. Especially with my Pioneer elite receiver. That changed when i moved to Denon 3500H. Not a fan of Denon's signature. But, the way it transformed my Sub was mind blowing. It was 300% percent better. I am not sure whether Audyssey EQ32 was the difference. One fine day, i decided to connect my neumann sub as a 2nd sub to the config. The result is much more breathtaking. The bass become more refined. It is not more loud. Felt the texture and accuracy improved. My neumann sub was controlled by Shiit yggdrasil DAC (balanced and powered) and complimented by Neumann monitors as well. Even in that combo, the neumann sub was not that good.

So, from my experience

1. Dual subs are way better than single sub
2. Quality of sub output varies drastically with the room correction algorithm in use.
3. For movies, the sub will be configured at 120hz at 24db slope by most AVRs. The difference between a high end sub and a medium sub will drastically reduce there in a treated room and good room correction EQ.

Note that this is done in a completely acoustic treated dedicated media room. I have used materials with absorption co-efficient 0.75 @ 4 KHz, 0.40 @ 125 Hz and NRC 0.95. This is not exactly treated for bass. But, more than decent for midbass. I am not sure the same applies for untreated room. So, your mileage may vary.
Probably too late to comment but +1 to this
XT32 and (also ARC ) makes a seriously huge difference on the lower end.

First noticed this a few years ago when an upgrade from a basic Denon 16 something with Audyssey multeq to a mid tier marantz with xt32.

The straight OOTB experience with the Marantz was underwhelming to say the least as I didn’t hear any difference over the older denon

Until I ran XT32 and it seriously changed the subwoofer - from a boomy vibration shaker to something far more respectable
This was on a basic Polk pro500 so am sure better subs should see bigger improvements

Similarly, In my study, i use a pair of old KEF iQ5 speakers - good as they are, their low end extension is quite poor
I had an entry level Elac sub that I wired to the setup- as expected, the bass was either boomy and muddy with the gain pushed up or entirely missing with the gain pushed down

But when I added ARC (Anthem room correction) on the setup, the sub practically merged as one with the speakers . The sub is tucked away under my study table so quite a few folks have been surprised by the low end given the diminutive size of the KEFs

Probably too late to comment but +1 to this
XT32 and (also ARC ) makes a seriously huge difference on the lower end.

First noticed this a few years ago when an upgrade from a basic Denon 16 something with Audyssey multeq to a mid tier marantz with xt32.

The straight OOTB experience with the Marantz was underwhelming to say the least as I didn’t hear any difference over the older denon

Until I ran XT32 and it seriously changed the subwoofer - from a boomy vibration shaker to something far more respectable
This was on a basic Polk pro500 so am sure better subs should see bigger improvements

Similarly, In my study, i use a pair of old KEF iQ5 speakers - good as they are, their low end extension is quite poor
I had an entry level Elac sub that I wired to the setup- as expected, the bass was either boomy and muddy with the gain pushed up or entirely missing with the gain pushed down

But when I added ARC (Anthem room correction) on the setup, the sub practically merged as one with the speakers . The sub is tucked away under my study table so quite a few folks have been surprised by the low end given the diminutive size of the KEFs
Very true ..
Calibration makes significant difference.

Just noticed this post. The FVX12 and Fvx15 have the same wattage on the amp, and from what I assume exactly the same.
The FV15HP had a 600W amp.
So I'm actually guessing the spl on fvx 12 will be higher than Fvx15 (not the hp) whereas the fvx 15 would go lower on frequencies.
Wrong...
15" sub will go louder for same wattage.

So while I'm nearly decided on the brand of subs, I'd like to take a final vote.
Since most of it will be a blind buy, I just want to confirm before I buy.
The room dimensions have been discussed (3000cuft) and minimal audio treatment.
2x FVX12 approx 2L
2x FVX15 approx 2.5L
2x FV15HP approx 3L
The final prices are subject to what I can break, but will not vary by +/-10k.
Here are my thoughts.
FVX12 has 400 RMS amp each. Currently I have a kef T2 (250RMS) and a klipsch s10rw (300RMS) and the 2 are really underperforming, insufficient bass, port chafing at higher volumes. I'm scared if I buy 2 of these I might still miss the great bass.
FVX15 has the same 400RMS amp and the driver is 15". Not sure if that will stress the amp, since the cone is bigger and heavier, but the Amp is same as the FVX12. So though it might go lower, it'll have to be run at a little higher DB/gain to make it sound deep.
FVX15HP has a 600RMS amp and the same 15" driver as the FVX15. Since the cone is gaining close to 30% area from the 12 to 15 inch the circumference is increasing by about 20% and the amp by 33% which means it may get louder.
Obviously FV15HP is the best, but also so much more expensive. I could save a good amount of money by going a bit lower if the performance isn't that bad on the FVX12 or FVX15. Just want to know your thoughts and if the FV15HP is really worth the money I'm seeding out for my room.
What was the final deal with a pair of FVX12? If you are not comfortable sharing your bargain, its completely okay. Actually I am also in same confusion with SVS PB 2000 Pro and Rythmik FVX12. I want to make up my mind till this lockdown ends.

What was the final deal with a pair of FVX12? If you are not comfortable sharing your bargain, its completely okay. Actually I am also in same confusion with SVS PB 2000 Pro and Rythmik FVX12. I want to make up my mind till this lockdown ends.
I bought 2 of the FVX12 and got them for 98k each. The SVS PB2000 looks like a beast on paper specs but on further reading I realized coz of the Direct servo tech used by Rythmik they don’t really need to stuff in a hefty amp. On SPL alone I’d rate it closer to the PB3000 rather than the PB2000 pro. The lower end extension on the Rythmik is definitely better than the SVS. I’m able to hit about 13Hz with a 3db drop. Edge of tomorrow starting has to be toned down coz of room modes kicking in. I have placed the subs at about 15 feet from my listening position and after tuning it with a umik/MiniDSP 2X4 HD I’m getting very good and even bass without the subwoofer looking weak. A constant 100db sound levels can be reached with ease at my front row (primary seats). I’ve set my receiver Sub level to-10db and put the subs at about 3 o’clock gain and the recliners and self do feel the pressure.
I’ll probably tag you in a post where I’ve given a detailed first and a researched impression. If you ask me I’ve no regrets with these bad boys

Honestly speaking, I heard both PB 2000 Pro (Yes, The New one) as well as FVX12, And keeping it plain and simple...
1. Rythmik goes much lower than SVS
2. SPL generation is more on SVS
3. Chest thumping, Very Deep Bass and proper rumble with Authority... Both are excellent performers but I would give an edge to SVS here, Maybe due to more watts.

I paid and ordered XTZ 12.17 Edge (Gloss due to WAF) and that day only I heard both the above demos on same day and then realized that XTZ is not my cup of tea even though that sub was great and performed superb but something was bit missing when compared to SVS and Rythmik.

I was heads and heels over FV15HP but because of no Gloss Black availability and also uncertainty I decided to go for SVS PB 4000 Gloss Black. Even though Rythmik was coming cheaper 12K almost but because of color availability had to miss that. I felt very sorry for that considering all the great reviews i heard... But anyway this PB4K is no slouch and both go toe to toe in CEA 2010 bass charts.
On PB4000 -- Hands Down!! The Best Bass and Chest Thumping I have ever heard till now....

And trust me i am not even running duals, Even though my other sub which itself is again another gem SVS PC12 Plus, that is lying idle due to no power socket nearby its position, this PB 4000 alone is sufficient for multiple seating locations. So I can imagine how Rythmik FV15HP will perform.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back