Need Crossover settings for Taga Harmony 607 and AT 2300 Tone winner AVR(7.1)

Manjuboyz

Hi All,

I am new to this group and this is my first post here.
I was always fan of movies and music, so I have my own hometheatre space only for Movies and Music, it is approx. 13X21 Feet.
Recently I bought a good 75 Inch QLED TV and after many research, I brought ToneWinner AT-2300 with Taga Harmony 607 5.0 along with this I also bought Taga Harmony's Sub woofer of TWS-90 V4.

This is my first home theatre setup within my budget I couldn't afford more, now I am using this for 15 days now to be frank I am happy with the sound, yet again I need understand how this cross over works, I researched many videos on youtube but those jargons went over my head.
I have listed my AVR and 5.1 speakers, if anyone available to help me out on what kind of crossover settings need to be done to make the things better.

Currently,
Subwoofer - at 30Hz & volume is 60% and crossover is at 95%(behind the subwoofer as suggested online)
Front speakers - Bypass
Surround speakers - 80Hz
Center speaker - 80HZ
I am not sure, I have done good settings or bad for my first attempt, would like to hear from experts here! thank you.

Firstly congratulations for your New buy and sorry I can't answer your query. Besides, I am also looking for similar setup, can you please tell me ToneWinner AT-2300 final price and from where you sourced. Can we connect this in 5.1.4 setup?

Hi All,

I was always fan of movies and music, so I have my own hometheatre space only for Movies and Music, it is approx. 13X21 Feet.
Recently I bought a good 75 Inch QLED TV and after many research, I brought ToneWinner AT-2300 with Taga Harmony 607 5.0 along with this I also bought Taga Harmony's Sub woofer of TWS-90 V4.

This is my first home theatre setup within my budget I couldn't afford more, now I am using this for 15 days now to be frank I am happy with the sound, yet again I need understand how this cross over works, I researched many videos on youtube but those jargons went over my head.
I have listed my AVR and 5.1 speakers, if anyone available to help me out on what kind of crossover settings need to be done to make the things better.

Currently,
Subwoofer - at 30Hz & volume is 60% and crossover is at 95%(behind the subwoofer as suggested online)
Front speakers - Bypass
Surround speakers - 80Hz
Center speaker - 80HZ
I am not sure, I have done good settings or bad for my first attempt, would like to hear from experts here! thank you.
Congratulations ⚘⚘🎶🎶🎶

If you have crossed over the speakers on the receiver then keep the crossover on the sub to max (or defeat in some subs). Ideally, crossovers should be active either in the receiver or the sub and not on both. For HT, it is best to set it on the receiver. You can also experiment with setting the crossover to 80 on the front left and right speakers too. Run room correction to see if it improves the sound.

I did not understand what the 30Hz setting above is. If it is the subwoofer spec, then it's fine.

Edit:
@ankitbhargava has a Tonewinner. Maybe he can help with your query below.

Last edited:
Firstly congratulations for your New buy and sorry I can't answer your query. Besides, I am also looking for similar setup, can you please tell me ToneWinner AT-2300 final price and from where you sourced. Can we connect this in 5.1.4 setup?
I contacted multiple folks, the mrp suggested was 139k but final price which I bought was for 95k.
I doubt you can have 5.1.4, if you use power amp then it may do the trick.

If you have crossed over the speakers on the receiver then keep the crossover on the sub to max (or defeat in some subs). Ideally, crossovers should be active either in the receiver or the sub and not on both. For HT, it is best to set it on the receiver. You can also experiment with setting the crossover to 80 on the front left and right speakers too. Run room correction to see if it improves the sound.

I did not understand what the 30Hz setting above is. If it is the subwoofer spec, then it's fine.

Thank you.
30 hz is a high frequency from sub... I have used 90hz as low frequency for sub.
Yes, the button is tuned towards max behind the sub.
All other speakers has 80hz at the moment and I don't feel the difference.

There is no mic that has come with avr so I don't know how to do that.

I am seeing couple of issues with avr, the sound fluctuates between apps.. Mean when I play Disney + the sound is very low like I am playing movie without speakers, have you encountered this before?

Thank you.
30 hz is a high frequency from sub... I have used 90hz as low frequency for sub.
Yes, the button is tuned towards max behind the sub.
All other speakers has 80hz at the moment and I don't feel the difference.

I am seeing couple of issues with avr, the sound fluctuates between apps.. Mean when I play Disney + the sound is very low like I am playing movie without speakers, have you encountered this before?
Hi,
It is true, the sound varies between the apps. Disney is known for their very low sound even in the Blu rays; just imagine how low their streaming service will be. For e.g., when I play a movie in Prime video; suppose the volume is around -35 in the AVR; for Disney+ movie sound, I have to increase the volume to -29 or -28 in the AVR.

Hi All,

Currently,
Front speakers - Bypass
Surround speakers - 80Hz
Center speaker - 80HZ
Hi Manju :)

My first suggestion would be to have uniform cut off frequency for all speakers. That includes the front, center and surround channels, irrespective of their claimed -3db frequency response. I would start at 80hz and see how it goes. Ideally, you would want to set the crossover frequency for your front speakers at atleast 20hz above their -3db cut off frequency. And then set the same for all other speakers in your system.

Hi Manju :)

My first suggestion would be to have uniform cut off frequency for all speakers. That includes the front, center and surround channels, irrespective of their claimed -3db frequency response. I would start at 80hz and see how it goes. Ideally, you would want to set the crossover frequency for your front speakers at atleast 20hz above their -3db cut off frequency. And then set the same for all other speakers in your system.
Thank you for the reply.. When you say 20hz above does that mean I have to set front speakers of 100hz? And sub to 80hz?
At the moment all my 5.1 speakers are fixed at 80hz.
Not sure if that's correct.

Hi,
It is true, the sound varies between the apps. Disney is known for their very low sound even in the Blu rays; just imagine how low their streaming service will be. For e.g., when I play a movie in Prime video; suppose the volume is around -35 in the AVR; for Disney+ movie sound, I have to increase the volume to -29 or -28 in the AVR.
So the issue is with all avrs?

Thank you for the reply.. When you say 20hz above does that mean I have to set front speakers of 100hz? And sub to 80hz?
At the moment all my 5.1 speakers are fixed at 80hz.
Not sure if that's correct.
Hi manju :)

Iam struggling with my Internet connectivity at the moment. But can you please share the frequency specifications of all your speakers please. Ideally, 80hz is a great crossover point to have, I use 100hz though, as my surround speakers are really tiny. And I keep my sub right next to my sofa...so that I don't hear localised bass, which usually happens above 80hz.

Hi manju :)

Iam struggling with my Internet connectivity at the moment. But can you please share the frequency specifications of all your speakers please. Ideally, 80hz is a great crossover point to have, I use 100hz though, as my surround speakers are really tiny. And I keep my sub right next to my sofa...so that I don't hear localised bass, which usually happens above 80hz.
Here is the specs for 5.0

Here is the specs for 5.0
Here is for sub woofer

For the above, I would set all speakers to 'Small' if that option exists. Set the crossovers for all speakers to 80Hz so that frequencies below 80Hz will be sent to the subwoofer.

Use this setting for a while and then change to your preferences if you feel something is lacking.

If you don't have auto eq, as you have stated, I wonder how delays, channel loudness and distances are managed. Have you physically measured the distances from your speakers to your seating position and fed that into the TW ? Have you ensured that all the speakers are playing at the same loudness level at the seating position with a sound meter and set that into the TW ?

Edit: This is what I found in the Manual online: (Page No. 7)

4.AUTO SET MIC: Connect the unit test MIC for collecting information from auto room scanning.

So it does come with Auto room correction. Please run this. This will set all the above distances and delays automatically. You only have to adjust the crossovers to you liking after that.

Last edited:
So the issue is with all avrs?
Actually, this is not an issue with any AVR. The issue is with the streaming platform. You can check out the AVS forum and reddit too. In order to get balanced audio; you can manually tweak the equalizer. This will help you to get almost same volume between the apps. I have done the same.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back