Need Feedback on VU and Micromax TVs

jagdish_p

I am looking for a 40 or 42" budget TV. Do not need any Smart TV features.
I find the below very attractively priced at 23 to 24.5 K on FlipKart.

1) Micromax 40T2810FHD 101 cm (40) LED TV
2) Micromax 40B5000FHD?/40BSD60FHD 102 cm (40) LED TV
3) Vu 40K16 102 cm (40) LED TV

What are your Views on Micromax and VU make of trees, any feedback on any of the above models.

Any recommendations on this price point TVs.

Thanks

87 views and no response. Do I assume that these brands are not recommended and I should keep away??

Would appreciate any type of feed back, Thanks

Between the two brands, i would choose VU as they offer extended warranty for 2yrs time @10% of the product price... So can be safe for 3yrs time...

Micromax & VU TV's have been discussed in the forum sometime before...

As Elango said, the above mentioned are excellent value for money, for additional feedback please go through the 'Television' sub forum and Youtube. Long story short, you cant be sure of big brand TVs either, I had my 2 Samsung LCD Tvs conk off in a year, one within 2 months, the panel had to be changed and the other after warrant, fortunately it was the power board.

Vu is a shade better than MMX cause it offers 2 year extended warranty at 10% of the cost.

Took the plunge and ordered VU LED 40K 16 @ Rs23990 .

Using Flipkart mobile app gave an additional Rs500 discount over the web price of Rs24490.

Promised delivery 2 days and installation another 2 days.

Lets see - Fingers crossed :)

How to buy the extended warranty, if we buy from FlipKart ? I was thinking to buy the other model the 50" one

Took the plunge and ordered VU LED 40K 16 @ Rs23990 .

Using Flipkart mobile app gave an additional Rs500 discount over the web price of Rs24490.

Promised delivery 2 days and installation another 2 days.

Lets see - Fingers crossed :)

Good decision, I may join you in a day or two with the exact same model.

How to buy the extended warranty, if we buy from FlipKart ? I was thinking to buy the other model the 50" one

After receiving the TV, call the VU customer care within 30 days, their rep will come and collect the cheque for additional warranty for 2 years.

I am copying below the mail I received from VU direct marketing. ( Their quoted prices were higher then Flipkart)

Their mail ID is : [email protected]

So I guess you opt for the extended warranty at the time of installation.

As a default you are getting One Year Warranty for your Vu LED TV. You have a choice of purchasing an Extended Warranty of additional Two Years from Vu Support Department by paying 10% of the cost (MRP) of the Vu LED TV. Then the total warranty will become 1 + 2 = 3 Years. (Please Note: Extended Warranty option @ 10% of MRP is applicable for a period of 1 month from the date of Vu LED TV purchase, beyond that % changes).

Vu Service / Support Department is providing onsite warranty, so one of the Vu Engineer will visit your place to take care of demo, installation and post-sales service whenever required.

Once you have received the delivery of your ordered VU LED TV, at your convenience, please contact Vu support Department to arrange an appointment for installation and demonstration on Telephone: 1 800 22 8455 / 9322999917 / 022-28305930 Else, write a mail to: [email protected]

Let the visiting engineer unpack the Vu TV Box in front of you, if any kind of damage is found to have happened during transit it will be reported by the engineer and replacement Vu TV will be arranged and provided.

For all Vu LED TV of screen size 32 and above we are providing you with a Vesa Wall Mounting Bracket & Table Top Stand within the Vu LED TV box, installation of the same (Mounting Preference: either Table Top OR Wall Mount) will be done by our visiting engineer once your ordered Vu LED TVs delivery has been done.

Mahesh Sharma

Ecommerce / Online Sales

Vu Technologies Private Limited

Corporate Office

Mumbai - 400093

Mob No. : +91 7498445856

o.png

o.png

You can buy the extended warranty from VU Technologies directly; once you have bought the TV from Flipkart; you have to mail the copy of Invoice to support department of VU and they will let you know the further details. This extended warranty is available at a price of 10% of the MRP (not the invoice value).

Hai recently I have purchased a Vu 50" led Tv 50K160GP. I am also in a two mind whether to purchase Micromax 50" or Vu 50" but finally I settled with Vu because it offer extra 2 yrs warranty by spending 10% of MRP. At least it will give me a peace of mind for three yrs. I don't go with big names because by budget was limited and I want VFM product with big screen.

But the sad part of the story is I have to purchase it directly from company. Although Flipkart listed this model but they don't have delivery support in any PIN throughout West Bengal for this model. I don't know why but it is fact. So I have to buy it directly from company and it cost me 4k more plus I have to go through "Waybill" procedure (Form 50A) of Govt. of West Bengal and have to pay 1% Entry Tax on Invoice price.

Any how I manage all these procedures and finally got the delivery of the Tv and very next day the company guys came to my place and installed it. After turning on the tv one word came in my mouth "WOW'. I have Videocon D2H HD connection, playing some SD channels first, it was very good. Nice and accurate colour reproduction, fairly sharp images and no such pixelation observed. But when I move on to HD channel it was really wonderful, colour, sharpness, contrast, depth of field and black level every thing seems to be perfect to me. If I am not wrong it's picture quality is at per with Sony and better than Samsung and LG, it's my view though.

Now I connect with my HTPC and play some 1080p mkv files and its more enjoyable than Videocon HD channel. Here is some screenshots of my Vu led tv.

Packaging of TV when Delivered:
QynSTa.jpg

My small Set-up:
qu8hhd.jpg

Playing Videocon D2H HD:
uRlUNN.jpg

CDj1og.jpg

ZA7e0I.jpg

Playing 1080p mkv files:
HcjYhr.jpg

3MdItR.jpg

Some Desktop images:
S7yQVm.jpg

kqisCY.jpg

This is some of my youtube video link of this tv:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl38W08PYhI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUDPjofytLo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9e9EEQ4A0Y

I have just tried to share my experience with this Tv and hope it will help many of our FMs. I think this Tv is truly a VFM product.

I have captured all these images and videos with my Sony Xperia Z2 Mob.

^^ thanks for the detailed post.

Jagadish has your TV been setup, what are your first impressions?

Actually I purchased it as a gift for my BIL. I am yet to visit him and see the TV quality.
The feedback I got over phone from my BIL has been good and he is happy with the PQ.
Will keep you posted by week end.

The delivery and installation has been handled very promptly and professionally with out any hassles.

+1 to Subha's comments above. The TV is definitely a VFM buy. Good picture quality. Was able to play Video files directly from a connected Pen Drive.

Hello
Finally took the plunge and ordered Vu 50" led Tv 50K160GP :) Thanks to forum members for the honest reviews on this TV . All I wanted was a Big panel tv, without spending 60-80k on it . I will be connecting it to my YHT299 and PC(through my GPU, GTX770).
Now, I have one query . It says its 120Hz . Is it true ? I just hope its true(pleasee) because I want to play PC games on it and dont want to be stuck at 50Hz. (My PC monitor is 144Hz, btw)

Hello
Finally took the plunge and ordered Vu 50" led Tv 50K160GP :) Thanks to forum members for the honest reviews on this TV . All I wanted was a Big panel tv, without spending 60-80k on it . I will be connecting it to my YHT299 and PC(through my GPU, GTX770).
Now, I have one query . It says its 120Hz . Is it true ? I just hope its true(pleasee) because I want to play PC games on it and dont want to be stuck at 50Hz. (My PC monitor is 144Hz, btw)

Yes It has 120hz panel and it also support 24p refresh rate. There is an option called MEMC in Picture Menue, you can control panel refresh rate from that option.

Back