Need Floorstanders for my Onkyo sr-506

Thank you, thevortex and you are spot on! :)
I think Decibel was quoting 27k for psb alpha T1, what about the acoustic energy neo 3?
I ll be auditioning the Wharfedale 9.1s(12.5k, yes it is a bookshelf spkr, but i hear lots of good stuff about it) and Q acoustics 1030( :)i really liked it with the ca azur amp and cdp, lets see how it plays with my onkyo), or any others in my budget with my own amp. Unfortunately, they dont have the m33i s in stock! And m33 price is high here 18k:mad:, compared to 15k quoted in chennai and 12.5k in mumbai. Rest of the speakers are priced at par.
And, main question does the the onkyo sr506 actually have the power to drive big floorstanders?:sad:

The AE Neo3's are priced around the 35K mark, if I remember right. And the Onkyo should be able to drive the speakers being talked about here.

The AE Neo3's are priced around the 35K mark, if I remember right. And the Onkyo should be able to drive the speakers being talked about here.

I am getting my Mission M33i's this week! With Eagle 16awg speaker cables!:yahoo::clapping:

congrats,the m33i is a great budget floorstander.hope you have a good cdp as well and considering you have the onkyo it will in future make sense to get the rest of the m3i package for ht usage.am sure will make great listenin!!!!cheers

congrats,the m33i is a great budget floorstander.hope you have a good cdp as well and considering you have the onkyo it will in future make sense to get the rest of the m3i package for ht usage.am sure will make great listenin!!!!cheers

Thank you rallynut! Auditioning wasnt really happening and I was too impatient! :p

Hope to add a sub(mission/ q a/ wharf) and a centre in the near future. No I dont have a cd player yet! Just got my pmp to play flac and lg dv388. Planning to get a Pio dv 610.

How much did you pay for M33i.
Did you bought it from HiFi-links or some other place?

Initially I was planning to buy from Hi fi links, but they didnt have Mission M33i in stock and also they were quoting a price of 19k for the same and I was planning to buy Wharfedale 9.1 and go for a subwoofer, but on receiving no response from Hi fi links, that bombed. So got the Mission from Decibel, Chennai.

Initially I was planning to buy from Hi fi links, but they didnt have Mission M33i in stock and also they were quoting a price of 19k for the same and I was planning to buy Wharfedale 9.1 and go for a subwoofer, but on receiving no response from Hi fi links, that bombed. So got the Mission from Decibel, Chennai.

Yea! you are right. Very limited stock with hifilinks. Its looks like they tend to push CA products. thank you.

Yea! you are right. Very limited stock with hifilinks. Its looks like they tend to push CA products. thank you.
They are quite knowledgable about hi fi but I think they are not too keen on entry level stuff! Anyways, the m33i was 15k in chennai and 19k at hi fi links, so finally got it from chennai.

:yahoo:

Got my mission M33i's! Running it in/ breaking it in as of now. One of the speakers got slightly damaged in shipping though!:sad:

Bass is more than enough(maybe because my hall is barely 200 sq ft). I do feel that I have to boost the mids a little on the equiliser on my player, to get it to my liking.

using speaker wires from Eagle and cable from Bandridge as of now.
Now thinking of getting Surrounds, Centre and sub from Mission to complete the package. But I am not too sure about the Mission sub woofer m3as. Please pour in your suggestions. How does the Mission M3as fare w.r.t wharf sw150, Q accoustics 1000s, Ms 309sub etc
planning to get the mh3sys centre and surrounds.

And finally, thanks a whole lot to all my friends here for all the gyaan( Wilfred, Venkatcr, M****llians, Gobble, suprateep, vortex, madjack, ralynut, pshychotropic etc etc, just typing the names that sprang up in my memory, sorry if I missed anyone)
Also thanks to Mr. Melvin of Hi fi links for much useful gyaan and finally to Raghu of Decibel,Chennai, for the excellent service and interaction.

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back