Need flr speakers + amp + rest for 1 Lakh (a little more can do)

Sushmit_3k

Hi,

This is my first post. I’m a first time buyer. My budget is about 1 Lakh (can stretch a little / only if significant difference in quality etc.)

I want to buy a 2.0 ( or 2.1) floorstanding soeakers + amp (amp or receiver, I don’t know - kindly suggest) and the works, please

I have heard a few good things about Klipsch RF 6000, but don’t know if it’s pocket friendly in India.

I’m sure there are many others + combinations available. Please do suggest every component one needs to buy etc.

The size of my living room 600 sq ft / L shaped

Thank you in advance

Best, Sushmit
(New Delhi)

Delhi has numerous dealers and outlets. It would be best for you to visit them all, audition the components they have and then come here with a shortlist. That way members can get an idea about your tastes and preferences, in turn giving to better suggestions.

MaSh

I want to buy a 2.0 ( or 2.1) floorstanding soeakers + amp (amp or receiver, I don’t know - kindly suggest) and the works, please
I’m sure there are many others + combinations available. Please do suggest every component one needs to buy etc.

If the sole purpose is for music listening then the basic components required are:
1. Left + Right speakers (Stand mount or Floor Standers)
2. Integrated Amplifier (with or without inbuilt DAC)
3. At least Source (CD player, streamer, BT dongle, etc)
4. Interconnects and speaker wire
1L to implement the above is a healthy budget; you have many options.

If the system is going to be used as a music + movies setup the basic components required are:
1. AVR (no. of channels should be what you can implement at home)
2. Speakers and sub (quantity depends on number of channels)
3. At least one source (DVD, BD, STB etc)
1L to implement the above will pose some challenges.

Cheers,
Raghu

i would suggest avr + 2 bookshelf or floorstanding speakers to start with and upgrade the system to 5.1 hometheater setup in future.
denon avrx 1500h 7.1 avr : 55,000 at Official dealer is Profx, Bangalore.
Q Acoustics 3020i bookshelf + Q Acoustic 3090c central speaker : bought for 32,000 at DNI Bangalore.
U can get a decent subwoofer if u can spend around 30k extra.

If the sole purpose is for music listening then the basic components required are:
1. Left + Right speakers (Stand mount or Floor Standers)
2. Integrated Amplifier (with or without inbuilt DAC)
3. At least Source (CD player, streamer, BT dongle, etc)
1L to implement the above is a healthy budget; you have many options.

If the system is going to be used as a music + movies setup the basic components required are:
1. AVR (no. of channels should be what you can implement at home)
2. Speakers and sub (quantity depends on number of channels)
3. At least one source (DVD, BD, STB etc)
1L to implement the above will pose some challenges.

Cheers,
Raghu
Thank you. It’s for music primarily, but can I have an option later to turn parts of it into a 5.1

But yes, only a music system with Bluetooth etc/ so that Input
Delhi has numerous dealers and outlets. It would be best for you to visit them all, audition the components they have and then come here with a shortlist. That way members can get an idea about your tastes and preferences, in turn giving to better suggestions.

MaSh

is it possibl for you to give me names of some good dealers etc?

MaSh
can I please get names of a few places?

i would suggest avr + 2 bookshelf or floorstanding speakers to start with and upgrade the system to 5.1 hometheater setup in future.
denon avrx 1500h 7.1 avr : 55,000 at Official dealer is Profx, Bangalore.
Q Acoustics 3020i bookshelf + Q Acoustic 3090c central speaker : bought for 32,000 at DNI Bangalore.
U can get a decent subwoofer if u can spend around 30k extra.
In Delhi - any idea of shops /
Placea

Thank you. It’s for music primarily, but can I have an option later to turn parts of it into a 5.1
If one wants to expand to 5.1 then an AVR is a must (at least 5.1 capable)
Population of channels can happen as and when budget is available.

In my current rig, IA + speakers came first. AVR came much later.
At down to earth price points, most AVRs do not do justice for music listening sessions vis-a-vis IA.
Too many settings, tweaks to get the system to "sing".
This is from my personal experience; I may be wrong or ignorant about AVR operation.

Cheers,
Raghu

In Delhi - any idea of shops /
Placea
Hi Sushmit. Harsh here from Delhi (Mayur Vihar-1). Welcome to Hifivision. As you were referring for Klipsch, don't go them. They are more suited as home theatre speakers & not good for music. I would suggest you to go with Dali's. Excellent speakers. Pair it with Marantz & the setup will best sound + best bang for the buck. You can go for either Floor-Standers or Bookshelf speakers. Its up to you. Generally with Floor-Standers, you get better bass, but they are also more expensive than Bookshelf speakers. So with the money of floor standing speakers, you can get much better bookshelf's, which will better in vocals, treble & soundstage but down on bass, to which you have to add a sub-woofer which will get you the deepest bass possible. In my opinion, if you are not too keen on sound quality like sound has to be pitch-perfect, go for Floor-Standers. Particularly Dali Zensor 5. And for the amp, you can go with either Marantz or Cambridge-Audio. Marantz in way cheaper with very slight compromise in sound quality compared to Cambridge. But Marantz's sound signature is better suited with Dalis because Cambridge can sound slightly brighter with Dalis. Marantz has more warmer sound. Marantz PM6006 is Rs. 36,000, but I got it for Rs. 30,000 because the dealer was in my relation. Cambridge-Audio CX-A60 is around Rs. 60,000. Dali Zensor 5 is around Rs 55,000 - 60,000. Other than Dali, there are ELAC F5.2. These also seriously good speakers. Dalis are slighly better in treble as it extends more on Dalis than ELACs. With ELACs, you will get better bass. Go with any of them & you won't be more right.

Hi Sushmit. Harsh here from Delhi (Mayur Vihar-1). Welcome to Hifivision. As you were referring for Klipsch, don't go them. They are more suited as home theatre speakers & not good for music. I would suggest you to go with Dali's. Excellent speakers. Pair it with Marantz & the setup will best sound + best bang for the buck. You can go for either Floor-Standers or Bookshelf speakers. Its up to you. Generally with Floor-Standers, you get better bass, but they are also more expensive than Bookshelf speakers. So with the money of floor standing speakers, you can get much better bookshelf's, which will better in vocals, treble & soundstage but down on bass, to which you have to add a sub-woofer which will get you the deepest bass possible. In my opinion, if you are not too keen on sound quality like sound has to be pitch-perfect, go for Floor-Standers. Particularly Dali Zensor 5. And for the amp, you can go with either Marantz or Cambridge-Audio. Marantz in way cheaper with very slight compromise in sound quality compared to Cambridge. But Marantz's sound signature is better suited with Dalis because Cambridge can sound slightly brighter with Dalis. Marantz has more warmer sound. Marantz PM6006 is Rs. 36,000, but I got it for Rs. 30,000 because the dealer was in my relation. Cambridge-Audio CX-A60 is around Rs. 60,000. Dali Zensor 5 is around Rs 55,000 - 60,000. Other than Dali, there are ELAC F5.2. These also seriously good speakers. Dalis are slighly better in treble as it extends more on Dalis than ELACs. With ELACs, you will get better bass. Go with any of them & you won't be more right.

Excellent - and are there specific shops in Delhi where I can go and check out the sound of some of the above / on the thread

Yes dear Maranaz+Dali is really very good option. I am also using pm6005+ Dali Z-3 for 3 years. When I was in hunt for good stereo system I opted it as It was better than Monitor Audio, Cambridge Audio, psb etc. Top Gizmo in Nodia is the dealer of Dali & Maranz also Mr. Siddrath from Sound by Design , Gurgaon is also the dealers and very helpful too.

Thanks
Raj

Yes dear Maranaz+Dali is really very good option. I am also using pm6005+ Dali Z-3 for 3 years. When I was in hunt for good stereo system I opted it as It was better than Monitor Audio, Cambridge Audio, psb etc. Top Gizmo in Nodia is the dealer of Dali & Maranz also Mr. Siddrath from Sound by Design , Gurgaon is also the dealers and very helpful too.

Thanks
Raj
Same here Raj, I am also using same combination, Marantz PM6006 + Dali Zensor 3. Very good combination. For how much did you bought these two items?

I’m a first time buyer. My budget is about 1 Lakh (can stretch a little / only if significant difference in quality etc.)

If you are open to used AVR from forum members here, you can grab one and buy a pair of bookshelf speakers and dual subwoofers and make it 2.2 (or) slowly build your HT system (If you prefer to)..

I have heard a few good things about Klipsch RF 6000, but don’t know if it’s pocket friendly in India.

Defnetly not.. A pair of FS alone from Klipsch can exceed your maximum budget..

Same here Raj, I am also using same combination, Marantz PM6006 + Dali Zensor 3. Very good combination. For how much did you bought these two items?

Dali-Z3 Rs. 33000/- from Top Gizmo with complimentary speakers cable & maranz -6005 (sorry not pm: 6006) Rs. 29000/- preowned. Price may be little bit down now i think.

Thanks

Is Dali Zensor going to be replaced by some other series, I see European prices falling since last month. I think for that living room size u need zensor 7 not 5.

Dali-Z3 Rs. 33000/- from Top Gizmo with complimentary speakers cable & maranz -6005 (sorry not pm: 6006) Rs. 29000/- preowned. Price may be little bit down now i think.

Thanks
I also bought my Dali Z3 from Top Gizmo for 33,000. Marantz PM6006 I bought new from a dealer on MG Road for 30,000.

Is Dali Zensor going to be replaced by some other series, I see European prices falling since last month. I think for that living room size u need zensor 7 not 5.
Zensor is not replaced but a very similar series recently launched by Dali know as Oberon. This new series also comes in tha same models like Oberon 1,3,5 & 7. Its slightly expensive than Zensor.

Zensor 7 would be out of for Sushmit. These costs around Rs.79,000

Zensor is not replaced but a very similar series recently launched by Dali know as Oberon. This new series also comes in tha same models like Oberon 1,3,5 & 7. Its slightly expensive than Zensor.
I follow deals in Europe most of the time, zensor 5 is 430€(34,5k)and zensor 7( 499€)-40k in Germany which is quite cheaper than indian price. indian prices as always is way too hyped up.

I also bought my Dali Z3 from Top Gizmo for 33,000. Marantz PM6006 I bought new from a dealer on MG Road for 30,000.

I think that Dali sound is far better than its contemporary BS Speakers. I almost took audition almost all BS speakers i.e Monitor Audio, Sonodyne at Ghitorni Gurgaon, PSB at lacozy at Lajpat Nagar, Tannoy at Top Gizmo, Noida and polk audio at Lajpat rai market But it was Dali's sound that struck right in the mind & heart in spite of their compact size.

I think that Dali sound is far better than its contemporary BS Speakers. I almost took audition almost all BS speakers i.e Monitor Audio, Sonodyne at Ghitorni Gurgaon, PSB at lacozy at Lajpat Nagar, Tannoy at Top Gizmo, Noida and polk audio at Lajpat rai market But it was Dali's sound that struck right in the mind & heart in spite of their compact size.
Correct. I agree.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back