Need FS Speakers for Stereo Set Up

olly42

Folks need your recommendations for FS speakers for my dedicated stereo setup

Stereo Setup: CDP NAD C515BEE, Acurus A250 Power Amp (250WPC), Acurus L10 Preamp, Speakers Polk RTI A9

Current HT set up Denon 3312, Emotiva XPA 5, Technics SBC 450 (Bookshelf speakers 24 years old in working condition), Velodyne Impact 12. Sony BDP - S370

Planing to move the RTI A9 to support HT and need FS speakers for my dedicated stereo set up. Suggestions welcomce

Whats missing in the Polk in stereo ?

MPW nothings missing my speakers in the HT set up is 24 years old and high time for an upgrade. As a matter of fact i am extremely satisfied with my stereo set up..

Was just thinking to get better speakers for my stereo set up or then good speakers for my HT considering the emotiva XPA 5 in the HT Set up. So either way it works

You already have a sub in place.. So moving Polk Rti A9 to HT may not do any good...

I think Polk Rti A9 will do justice to stereo... From the specs, they look capable of really hitting as low as 30Hz...

May be you should consider spending on a DAC than a FS which will improve your listening experience...

You already have a sub in place.. So moving Polk Rti A9 to HT may not do any good...

I think Polk Rti A9 will do justice to stereo... From the specs, they look capable of really hitting as low as 30Hz...

May be you should consider spending on a DAC than a FS which will improve your listening experience...

Elangoas thats why I was looking at upgrading the HT speakers

Current 5.1 set up Tecnics SBC450 BS, Polk CSI A4, Jamo C401 surrounds and Velodyne impact 12

Need to upgrade the BS to FS and the surrounds at a later period of time

Current 5.1 set up Tecnics SBC450 BS, Polk CSI A4, Jamo C401 surrounds and Velodyne impact 12

Need to upgrade the BS to FS and the surrounds at a later period of time

When you use a BS/FS for movies, you might probably set the fronts crossover to 60/70Hz, the AVR would send anything lower than this to SUB.. So it completely defeats the purpose of a floor stander...

@elangoas I agree but wanted to pick the FS so that I have the flexibility of switching both speakers sets between HT and Stereo Set up

@elangoas I agree but wanted to pick the FS so that I have the flexibility of switching both speakers sets between HT and Stereo Set up

Ok.. Some options...

1) If you move the Rti A9 to stereo, then you are left with Polk CSi A4 center, which again pushes you to consider Polk RTi range of speakers again for fronts as it would be timbre matching..

2) If you the leave the RTi A9 in HT setup, the fronts are timbre matched and you have the flexibility of considering a different brand of speaker for stereo...

So i guess option 2 is better as you can switch between sets... Budget for FS?

@elangaos I am in sync with your thoughts.. Auditioned Revel F12 and they really sounded sweet but looking for more options before I take the plunge as Im trying to see which speakers will do justice to both set ups

Some pics of my new acquisition. Sounding good right out of the box. Perfect with the Acurus set up:yahoo:

Attachments

• DSC_0860.jpg
    DSC_0860.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_0861.jpg
    DSC_0861.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_0862.jpg
    DSC_0862.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC_0867.jpg
    DSC_0867.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 42
Very nice...

Where did u audition these ?

Do you find these better than the Polk rti ? Both of them seem evenly done construction wise.

@mpw Thanks Auditioned them at Harman Store in Phoenix mall. Polks are burnt in well over the last 2-3 years but I guess the key is the Acurus pre power setup which makes a huge difference. Moved the Polks for HT duty and started burning the F12's

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back