Need HDMI Recommendation for Long distance transmission(40Feet)

skelfoutlaw

Hi Guys,

I am looking to buy a HDMI cable to connect my projector with the soundbar. The length I am looking for is minimum 40feet(12m). As its a 4k projector with HDR I need minimum 18gbps 2.0b compliant HDMI which can support 4k@60Hz HDR transmission.
Tried multiple copper HDMIs from Amazon but nothing seems to work properly. Finally thinking to go for AOC HDMI.
Kindly suggest if you guys are aware of any copper HDMIs which will work for my setup. If not, any good budget AOC HDMI options?

Few AOC HDMIs I have enquired:

1) ZenIQ 2.0b 12m AOC Hdmi - 5.5k - Comes with 1 yr warranty
2) DHIVIS 2.0b 15m AOC Hdmi - 8k - Comes with 2 year warranty
3) Honeywell 2.1 30m AOC Hdmi - 9.4k - Comes with 3 Year warranty
Honeywell looks tempting as its reasonably priced considering 30m length and it has 2.1.
Also the 3 year warranty. But i feel 30m is overkill for my requirement. Below 30m the only option is 10m which will be short for me

if possible try the below MX models as both are listed as 27GBPS speed. When i visited the MX brand shop the dealer mentioned MX-4049 model is being widely purchased for 4K - HDR usage but I'm not sure on the warranty. I currently use the 5Meter MX-4050 model and it supports 4K HDR without issues but not sure about the performance of 15M.

if possible try the below MX models as both are listed as 27GBPS speed. When i visited the MX brand shop the dealer mentioned MX-4049 model is being widely purchased for 4K - HDR usage but I'm not sure on the warranty. I currently use the 5Meter MX-4050 model and it supports 4K HDR without issues but not sure about the performance of 15M.

27gbps bandwidth looks promising but the amazon product page is not that descriptive. Any idea whats the difference between 4049 and 4050? Do you have contact number of any sales person who deals with mx cables

27gbps bandwidth looks promising but the amazon product page is not that descriptive. Any idea whats the difference between 4049 and 4050? Do you have contact number of any sales person who deals with mx cables
I visited the MX brand showroom few months back and don't have any contact number. you can try contacting their customer support listed in their website. The salesman told 4049 has better build quality.

Went with ZenQ due to value proposition considering the fact that its optical fibre compared to MX’s copper. If MX would have been below 2.5k would have thought about it.
Also was fed up with multiple failed tries with copper HDMIs. Even if MX one would have worked over 40 feet it would not have matched the picture quality of Optic Fibre.
Received the ZenQ cable couple hours back and it work’s flawlessly.

Went with ZenQ due to value proposition considering the fact that its optical fibre compared to MX’s copper. If MX would have been below 2.5k would have thought about it.
Also was fed up with multiple failed tries with copper HDMIs. Even if MX one would have worked over 40 feet it would not have matched the picture quality of Optic Fibre.
Received the ZenQ cable couple hours back and it work’s flawlessly.
Awesome, is there any link for this?

that length needs an HDMI cable which has a fat end - a signal puller sort of chip (not remembering the exact name right now) else the signal becomes weaker by the time it reaches from one to other end

Anything above 30 feet wont work properly with copper cables without proper repeater....Best option is to go for fiber hdmi cables. Any brand will do, as fiberoptic hdmi's are done only by renowned brands

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back